7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

keep-ye-pimp-hand-strong-l1.gif
    GR_2013.jpg
    DSCN1834.JPG

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

Then I must be dreaming

Chris

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Not only straight, but they have both lost their virginity already .

THis is just sick. You know what non-pinheads say about grown adults who collect games?

#53 7 years ago

Just got a note from him on my FB about Star Trek asking about a favorite mode and speed of the machine:

":<) You won't be disappointed. The game is much faster and entirely different from TNG. My favorite mode is Vengeance Battle, which isn't really a mode. All modes are fun, and there are 18 of them!!"

Great guy. Someone here mentioned he replies, he did here at least.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Another milestone in my pinball career was Firepower. To this day, I can clearly remember my first multi-ball EVER. It was Firepower - and again I was completely blown away. The 'lane change' feature 1st found on Firepower became standard on all pinball machines.

My first multi-ball must have been on Firepower as well. I also remember well the first talking pin, GORGAR!

#55 7 years ago

What is the RGP Smackdown?

#56 7 years ago

I gravitate towards this guy I don't even know him.

GR_2013.jpg

#57 7 years ago

Drums and pinball. Nice!

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

I have been following all the posts regarding the new Star Trek pinball that Stern has released. And there have been quite a few negative and positive comments. I (as well as many others i'm sure) wanted to tell you I really appreciate everything you have done for pinball. We respect everything you have ever done and I for one think the new Star Trek looks amazing, and I will be purchasing one.
    I would even say that please take what people say with a grain of salt. We look forward to all your future efforts and consider you 'one of the greats'.
    I met you at the Texas Pinball Festival and enjoyed talking with you. I appreciated you taking the time to talk to all of us.
    Thomas

With all due respect, you are not necessarily doing the pinball community, nor Steve Ritchie any favor by saying you're going to purchase any 'ol machine he does sight-unseen.

Steve at times, has admitted he is hamstrung by his employers when it comes to game design/options. As long as people like you keep buying the games before they are done or with bugs, Stern will have their designers crank stuff out as fast as possible so they can move on to the next. Steve has admitted that many of this games were scaled back from what he really wanted.

I spoke with Steve at TPF too. He's an awesome guy, and I think everyone who has a critique about the game has a relevant opinion too. In reality, the people who won't buy the game right off the bat are those who Stern should be paying more attention to. Those that will, are already hooked. Don't dis the critics too hard, because without choosy consumers, there would be no innovation.

#59 7 years ago

I would agree with you if in fact I was buying the pin for any other reason. But I am buying the pin because I AM a Star Trek fan, and in my opinion I think the pin looks great.

Also, I don't feel I am dissing the critics. I feel like everyone has their right to their opinion. I just wanted Steve to know there are people that appreciate his efforts. I pictured myself in his position of spending almost 2 years of my life developing something and then getting it ripped apart. He is human, and I felt I needed to express my opinion.

#60 7 years ago

I am a huge ST fan and like a lot of you I have met SR and emailed back and forth a few times. he is busy though and doesn't have time to BS with the plebes

I personally have no interest in ST. I don't need another fan layout pin. Regardless of all the people jumping to buy it I feel it is just a reskined Spiderman. I also believe that SRs hands are tied and he is not free to design the game any way he wants. Gary co has the biggest say in the design and he is only allowed to add his SRness to the mandatory fan layout. Why else would the last 4 pins he has done for Stern look pretty much the same? No offense intended to SR or anyone who thinks ST is the shit and has to own one but that is my opinion.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Steve at times, has admitted he is hamstrung by his employers when it comes to game design/options. As long as people like you keep buying the games before they are done or with bugs, Stern will have their designers crank stuff out as fast as possible so they can move on to the next. Steve has admitted that many of this games were scaled back from what he really wanted.

You do realize that Steve was told he could design whatever he wanted for AC/DC? No restrictions/cost restraints? Steve bragged that it had the biggest BOM of any Stern ever made, by a large margin. The dancing band is probably the most expensive and intricate toy ever that doesn't affect gameplay at all. Lastly, you did hear that sales were up 30% at Stern last year, largely due to AC/DC sales? And that AC/DC set sales records overseas?

And you want us to believe Stern is holding him back on this game? Not a chance. If you don't judge the game before playing it, you won't feel the need to make excuses for the game (or to tell others not to buy it without playing).

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

I pictured myself in his position of spending almost 2 years of my life developing something and then getting it ripped apart. He is human, and I felt I needed to express my opinion.

This isn't his first rodeo. He's been around long enough to know that anyone making judgements based on pictures isn't worth listening to. When the games start shipping, then the opinions will count. The coherent ones anyway. Haters hating on pictures is just stupid.

#63 7 years ago

This thread is unnerving in a creepy kind of bromance stalking way. There are at least 3 posts that make me want to distance myself from anything related to pinball. Maybe I just don't get the jokes... at least that's what I'm telling myself.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

LOL I'm sure that's what he wants. Have you seen some of the absurd suggestions we throw out on this forum?

like george costanza telling the creator of cheers "its enough with the bar already.... people meet in other places.".lol

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

There are at least 3 posts that make me want to distance myself from anything related to pinball.

Pinball is a dangerous form of gambling that degenerates prefer.

Sell your games, don't look back.

#66 7 years ago

Steve ritchie's pimp hand is strong. He will use it if provoked. keep-ye-pimp-hand-strong-l1.gif

#67 7 years ago

discount daaaaaaaaaable post.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from tcv:

What is the RGP Smackdown?

Whole thread here.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Steve is a great guy, and not one to shy away from "telling it like it is". that epic RGP smackdown.

I missed the RGP incident. Please illuminate me!
    murph

Post edit:
    Oh Snap! I read the link above. Steve murdered that know it all. That was hilarious. Ritchie's stock just went up a hundred points in my book.

#70 7 years ago

I have a huge respect for Steve Richie and appreciate what he has done for pinball but in all honesty I just don't like his games at all. Only SRP game I would even consider owning is acdc...

Then again I don't like Pat Lawler games either except for monopoly and rbion so go figure lol

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Whole thread here.

Thanks for posting that link--epic thread!

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

KwiKi said it best! A LEGEND!

+1 here too! That dude is awesome

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Steve ritchie's pimp hand is strong. He will use it if provoked.

OH I used to love it when he'd jump into an RGP discussion and tear it up out of nowhere. I was called out once by him on RGP, many years ago, can't remember the thread. I remember cracking up how intense he was though.

Met him at CAX in 08 (when his Stern-hate was at maximum levels, and his pinball popularity had dwindled since he was out of it) and he was basically at his booth all day with never more than 1-2 people around, most of the time nobody there but him, and we had a few nice conversations. I'd still love to get a copy of his seminar from CAX 08, many people video taped it but it seems to have been buried. He was on fire, and didn't care what he said about Stern, and he said plenty... "It would actually be a good thing if Stern Pinball went out of business" was my fav quote. I disagree with it, but think it's funny how intense he is, and of course the 180 he took a year or so later when Stern got him back.

I am disappointed by the lack of creativity (that I perceive) in the new ST LE pics. But I may eat my words when I play it and it doesn't remind me of SM (80%), STTNG (15%) and AFM ship (5%). I thought ACDC was very T2 from the first pics (and it is, especially the Pro) but you don't feel it when you play it at all, you just see it when you look at the layout.

#74 7 years ago

Anyone know why Steve Ritchie's biography on his webpage lists Avatar as one of his games? IPDB and other sites list Borg and Ropp. Did Steve help out too?

http://steveritchiepinball.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=38&zenid=16crronnfk4m30ouqkaqp34qa0

#75 7 years ago

Bump

#76 7 years ago

Reading that RGP thread, Steve Ritchie mentions that he chose a mix of black and white rubber for Black Knight 2000-- now I'm wondering which color of rubber should go where. I'm intending to completely re-rubber it sometime soon so I might as well do it the way he designed it; currently mine has all white rubber.

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

Reading that RGP thread, Steve Ritchie mentions that he chose a mix of black and white rubber for Black Knight 2000-- now I'm wondering which color of rubber should go where. I'm intending to completely re-rubber it sometime soon so I might as well do it the way he designed it; currently mine has all white rubber.

T2's original was Red rubber with white flippers. I kind of prefer black rubber on white for it but to each their own.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 47.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 6,295.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 36.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 174.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,499.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 14.95
    Pinball Machine
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 12.50
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside