Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

A Note From Gary Stern At Stern pinball. We don't know anything more about this so we have no additional information to add other then we are shipping games as fast as we are getting them.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:

I apologize for the delays in fulfilling your holiday orders.

We are experiencing an unusually high percentage of delays in the delivery
    of parts to our factory.

We are working with our suppliers to correct this problem and expect to
    have it fully resolved by mid-January.

We will continue to work to fulfill your orders expeditiously.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Gary

Gary Stern
    President
    Stern Pinball, Inc.

#2 8 years ago

Something Something VE - Spider-Man, Ghostbusters

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

Something Something VE - Spider-Man, Ghostbusters

No this is effecting Current production of Current titles

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

It's been ongoing for a while now hasn't it? KISS premium comes to mind...

Rob

#5 8 years ago

Although it changes nothing as to when I'm getting my game (it is when it is). I'm really glad that they've acknowledged that games are coming off slow and gave a reasonable time to have things improved.

Transparency speaks volumes.

#6 8 years ago

Stern apologizing for production delays feels like a backhanded jab at the rest of the industry.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

A Note From Gary Stern At Stern pinball. We don't know anything more about this so we have no additional information to add other then we are shipping games as fast as we are getting them.
    Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:
    I apologize for the delays in fulfilling your holiday orders.
    We are experiencing an unusually high percentage of delays in the delivery
    of parts to our factory.
    We are working with our suppliers to correct this problem and expect to
    have it fully resolved by mid-January.
    We will continue to work to fulfill your orders expeditiously.
    Please contact me if you have any questions.
    Sincerely,
    Gary
    Gary Stern
    President
    Stern Pinball, Inc.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Stern apologizing for production delays feels like a backhanded jab at the rest of the industry.

Yeah, it for sure could be like that--but on the other hand it is somewhat refreshing to have a manufacturer (almost) take responsibility for slow delivery...

#9 8 years ago

Hopefully it gives them more time to make the remaining MMR le's

#10 8 years ago

Has the pinball mafia turned against Stern now?

#11 8 years ago

Maybe Gary can use the down time to finish the codes on games like XM and ST, bug fixes at least.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Maybe Gary can use the down time to finish the codes on games like XM and ST, bug fixes at least.

I'm pretty sure the coders are not the ones assembling games.

#13 8 years ago

Looks like I won't be getting any pinball machines for xmas. Woof.

#14 8 years ago

Interesting. We have been seeing extended lead times on some parts at work, too. The problem is getting worse - to the point that early in a project we identify long lead time parts and get them ordered. Everything gets made to order these days. Nobody holds inventory.

#15 8 years ago

All parts? I'm curious which ones in particular.

#16 8 years ago

We are trying to get as many of our game of thrones LE's delivered by xmas. Currently we have just short of 50% shipped. Ironman ve's about the same.
    JJ

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Drewblood419:

Hopefully it gives them more time to make the remaining MMR le's

Fingers crossed!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I assume this is why Metallica is still on the to build list in January? I had thought the Lic expired in December, did they get an extension?

#19 8 years ago

I suppose this will also delay the announcement of the next release too. Gotta play catch up first before they can start thinking about a new title.

#20 8 years ago

Are all the LE's already spoken for JJ?

#21 8 years ago

That will just be more delay in my husband ordering the game of thrones premium.

#22 8 years ago

Ill tell you right now, the reason companies cant get parts manufactured anymore is because the US has become a dog in producing anything.

Build shit/sell shit.

I worked in a machine shop, all those small manufacturers went bankrupt, even TREK bicycle that I worked at shipped all those jobs to Mexico or China to end solid manufacturing jobs.

High Schools don't offer many "hands on build things courses" anymore, all computer crap........just a matter of time till we get phased out.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

That will just be more delay in my husband ordering the game of thrones premium.

On a follow up, tell Tiger to stop being such a nancy, truly disappointed in him. Pull the trigger like a Man.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Ill tell you right now, the reason companies cant get parts manufactured anymore is because the US has become a dog in producing anything.
    Build shit/sell shit.
    I worked in a machine shop, all those small manufacturers went bankrupt, even TREK bicycle that I worked at shipped all those jobs to Mexico or China to end solid manufacturing jobs.
    High Schools don't offer many "hands on build things courses" anymore, all computer crap........just a matter of time till we get phased out.

how true we have become a help less country. I work at a car dealership and we get customers that come in with there low tire light on. well, what did you do in 1977 when you had a low tire light on? you filled you tire. go fill it up!

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Has the pinball mafia turned against Stern now?

I thought GS was the "Boss" of the Pinball Mafia? Maybe he needs to be sending his "Uncle Knuckles" from Chicago to pay those suppliers a friendly little visit!

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

how true we have become a help less country. I work at a car dealership and we get customers that come in with there low tire light on. well, what did you do in 1977 when you had a low tire light on? you filled you tire. go fill it up!

you made millions and retired cause you just invented the low tire indicator light in 1977!

#27 8 years ago

Were you working at Cadillac dealership? I wasn't even thinking they had low-pressure tire lights in 1977. But how things have changed, people used to check their tires, oil, and other fluids. They didn't need a sensor to tell them when they were low or to change their oil. Although there is much more information that is readily and easily accessible, it doesn't mean it is used. And to CF's point, one of my sons took Woodworking 1 (Workmanship) and it was one of his favorite classes, they also have Woodworking 2 (Craftsmanship) and Woodworking 3 (Cabinetry) at his high school along with Automotive Maintenance, Mechanics, and Servicing, which I think is a good thing. We always need to make sure we can do for ourselves even if we make the decision not to.

Brad

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Were you working at Cadillac dealership? I wasn't even thinking they had low-pressure tire lights in 1977.

Nope. That was new in '78.

#29 8 years ago

I work at a car dealership and we get customers that come in with there low tire light on.

I suppose some are better with THEIR hands, and some are better with spelling and grammar.

1 week later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-note-from-gary-stern-re-production-delays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.