Got my feet wet with my Lectronamo and think I'm going to start this one fairly soon. Got it In august and it looks like a fun little rebuild and a eye pleasing design. The cabinet is in not bad shape. Minor damage and separating on the bottom. The cabinet end of it will be left till next spring when I can do the sanding and repainting in the outside. Never know if I am super bored I will find a way to sake it to the paint shop at work and possibly do the cabinet there. I like the bright colours and think that alone will look nice next to the bright Lectronamo.
I have already started to try to get it working but the main board is shot and damaged. Im not sure what state the driver board is at as I could not get it to boot. The power board seems to be indicating the correct power at the terminals. I decided to get the ball rolling and already ordered a new all in one PI-1/X4 board from Flippp. This will be a easy start by replacing all the boards with this unit I hope.
The back cabinet has minor damage but the glass is almost perfect. It has no flaking at all but only has one small scratch on the back. Not sure what state the score displays are in yet but will know when the new board shows up. I do know the lights all work as when I was trying to boot it they all lit up but i have started to already remove them
Playfield is in WAY better shape than the Lectronamo was. This one has some planking going on and what appears to be normal minor wear. No areas are missing wood layers. The inserts are slightly sunk but don't appear to be all that bad. The Mylar is peeling under the pop bumpers. Rubbers are 100% shot and the plastics, lane guides are cracked and damaged in areas. Flipper assemblies need to be rebuilt and new flippers would not hurt. The drop down targets are replacement over the years so I think a new set will look better. I HATE the plastic spinner so much. I like the satisfaction of hitting that puppy dead on and watching it flip for miles. Think I might entertain the idea of doing a spinner on the cnc that looks the same but has some weight behind it.
Not sure what direction I should take on the playfield just yet.
Option 1 - Clean it up with a very, very light sand and possibly mr. clean pad then level the inserts with clear then shoot it with a few coats of clear keeping the original art on it.......or
Option 2 - Remove all inserts give it a better sanding and shoot a thin clear. Then proceed to re airbrush the full thing like I did the stern. Artwork looks nice and easy when it comes to the base colours but the black outlines looks like a handful. New inserts then the final clear to finish it off. The natural wood areas are also in good shape as they are so no staining is required.
The underside is not that bad but appears to have some surface corrosion on metal areas. Think this time around i will either replace all lamp sockets or very thoroughly clean all as I never did this on the stern and had some minor lamp issues after reassembly.