14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PMUJR.jpg
    #1 14 years ago

I picked this up today for $10. It was made around 1939-1941. The wood is mahogany.

PMUJR.jpgPMUJR.jpg

#2 14 years ago

That is a defo bargain, bet it will look great after a scrub and polish up. Any plans for its future.

#3 14 years ago

flipperless ?

#4 14 years ago

Yes it's flipperless LorenZ (you knew that) .. it's only 11x18 inches. They used to pass them around in the bars. Right now it's just hanging on the wall. It was one of the very few old bagatelles to have a black person on it (a sign of the times sorry to say back then before WWII). I think they even intentionally placed the word "colors" in that spot. Hopefully we've all come a LONG way from there.

#5 14 years ago

If we could only bring them back so they could see the pinball machines of today. Wonder what they would think Nice find for 10 dollars .

#6 14 years ago

That's a very nice collection piece. I can see the makings of an interesting collection here: Example pieces showing the evolution through the decades from these relatively simple beginnings through to the modern high-tech wonders.

Great find. Congratulations!

#7 14 years ago

Thats a cool antique.I believe it was the late 40'S,maybe 1947,when Gottlieb put the very first pair of flippers on a machine.At least that is what I remember reading,what say you?

#8 14 years ago

Yeah, that was Humpty Dumpty, but it had 6 flippers. The first game with the 2 flippers was later designed by Steve Kordek

#9 14 years ago

Great find, Brokedad! A gem from the past. There's something captivating about playing bagatelle

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-nice-10-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.