diverter after.JPG
diverter before.JPG
after novus2.JPG
before novus2.JPG
under the glass.JPG
in the oven.JPG
in the dishwasher.JPG
cooler of plastics.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I get frequent bounce outs from the lock shot.

The lock assembly is held onto the playfield with posts that are nutted on the underside of the playfield. The two rear posts (closes to the back of the game, where the ball enters the lock area) should have a small black plastic spacer that goes around these threads between the playfield and the lock mech (on top of the playfield, in other words). This lifts the entrance of the lock up, so balls don't hit the top flange and bounce out.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm am ecstatic and saddened! I put back on a bunch of the ball guides and then went: "oh crap, why are there all these spacers for".
Welp - hopefully this isn't too painful.

I *think* you should only have two. However - I'm basing this off of my game, an early sample - so it's possible that the # of spacers was changed at some point.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Well, actually I mine, most of those post things on the ball guides had spacers, but I forgot that when putting them back on. (Which is why there was a pile...I had missed them in several places).
Are you saying there should be two spacers stacked on top of each other for each post? Or just two posts that need spacers?

On mine (again, it's an early sample, so it may not match what was in production) - NONE of the metal guides had spacers, EXCEPT the two back posts of the lock assembly - for me, both of those held one spacer.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Oh, mine aren't black, they're small, thin metal washers that keep the ball guides just a hair off the playfield.

Ah! Those are washers! Yes, those were everywhere on my game too! These are small black plastic spacers.

Quoted from Skins:

I have owned three tz's and have never seen black spacers at the ball lock weldment. Do you have any pictures of how it looks?

I'll grab a shot tonight. The only reason I was reminded of this was because I *just* dissassembled my lock area, because I'm getting ready to send my playfield out to get refurbished.

This one has had them, and the other one I used to work on (years back, in mid 90's) had them as well. Though, admittedly, the one I used to maintain out in Colorado did NOT have them. Since it lifts up the lock area some, and none of the two machines have given me lock issues, I figured they must have been there for a reason.

Once I get home later tonight, I'll grab a pic.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A fair amount of bounce outs in the lock is normal.

No, nono. It may be *common*, but it's not normal.

For the record, both my games that had the spacer in it had *0* bounce-outs. The one I maintained that had no spacer I honestly can't remember.

Anyways, here's a pic of one of my spacer. (The other spacer is off the unit.) You'll notice that the bottom edge of it (towards the lock-nut) is warped out of shape. The two notches are face up, and were created by the lock assembly pressing down on it. (Apparently, it was over-tightened at the factory.

IMG_20141110_200457.jpgIMG_20141110_200457.jpg

#41 9 years ago

..Delete..

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The coil kicking out from the slot machine is AE-24-900. The manual says AE-25-1000. I don't happen to have one of those lying around, but will probably just order one. What's the difference exactly?
I'm trying to parse this page (http://www.pinballmedic.net/coil_chart.html#coil_wire_gauge_strength_rules) and seems like -1000 will be weaker - which is good. 10ish% weaker?

One has 900 windings of 24 gauge wire, and the other has 1000 windings of 25 gauge wire.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-newbie-restores-twilight-zone?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.