IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 11 years ago

Not a fan of either backglass designs. Who wants to see a bunch of dudes?
Someone please make a nice looking translite with just the girls. Count me in for $100. What happened to pinball backglass art? Need more hot women.

Tron-Playboy-12.jpgTron-Playboy-12.jpg

#198 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I believe they are the same as Hallmark.

Stern and Hallmark light cycles are different- just to be clear.

#201 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I was comparing to what i have and Hallmark What i have is what i linked.

That's why I said "just to be clear" - so no one would mistake what you posted.

1 week later
#431 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Yes, Stern sets a minimum RP on their product. The max is open ended. When their distributors gouge cutomers it's ultimately a poor reflection on Stern and their apparent moronic choice of greedy middle men.

There was a battle in the federal courts with Amar Bose about the Bose speaker price fixing a few years ago.

It was finally decided that a company could set a "Minimum Advertised Price" (MAP) legally, to protect it's dealer's profit margins. BUT a company could not set the actual "in person" sale price; or that would be considered price fixing.

So if a dealer wants so sell a product below MAP pricing, he can do so without fear of repercussion by the manufacturer, he just can't advertise that price.

=

Now as far as "price gouging", you are not being fair to the distributors.

The distributors take much of the risk for new games.

If the game is a a turd, they can have them stuck in their warehouse for literally YEARS. Think of all the Avatars, TRS, and Transformers still sitting around gathering dust. That is money tied up, interest being lost, taxes being paid, storage room used up, heat, A/C, insurance....even if they sold them at cost, they would have lost money.

So if a few "hit" games sell for more than the MAP price, it probably equals out in the long run.

Think of it this way: If you local Ford dealer found they still had a brand new 1967 Mustang in inventory, they would not put it up for sale for $3100 would they? No, because it is worth much more. You would not call them greedy if they sold it for $50,000 would you?

Same with pinball, if you still have a Tron LE in stock, you are not going to sell it for $5200 if it is currently worth $9000.

#434 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

This outfit is selling for $4000 less than msrp in an advertised commercial. Will they suffer repercussion by the manufacturer?

MSRP - Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price

MAP - Minimum Advertised Price

#443 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Apple is the biggest offender when it comes to price fixing.. doesn't matter where you go, their prices are always going to be the same.

Sure, or think of Nintendo, Playstation, Xbox game consoles. Same advertised price anywhere.

But if you walk into an independently owned game shop, you can always talk the guy down $10-15 if you pay cash.

2 weeks later
#494 11 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

While I agree with that, you would hope techniques would have improved since the 90's...

All games dimple until every wood fiber is mashed down and it looks even across the playfield.

Even Cliffy protectors dimple under the VUK and they are made of steel that is thicker than most clear coats.

#504 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What's the price for one of these new Trons shipped?

$4700 is the cheapest that has been verified.

1 week later
#808 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sometimes 3D presentations in theaters isn't that great...maybe I saw it on a mediocre screen. I have a 3D projector/130" screen at home that IMO looks better than the 3D at most theaters...maybe I'll give Tron 3D another go.

The trick to seeing good 3d at an Imax is to only see it at a theater that has dual projectors and only on a full size Imax screen.

Imax took off the 3D ratings from their website, so now you have to call and ask for a manager and ask "Is your 3D movie showing on dual projectors?". Don't ask the girl who answers the phone, she will automatically say "yes" because she does not know anything.

Secondly, Imax took the real screen listings off of their website, so here is a list of the real Imax screens:

http://www.entertainmentgeekly.com/2011/01/01/proper-full-imax-theaters/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.