IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Its a actor collage that dates the machine....... No need to hype the shit translite for sales. Per a person at Stern there all sold out as of 3:52pm cst.

That is actually a pretty cool translight for an actor collage. I like it!

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I think you can still get them from distributors. The distributors have probably bought all that Stern will make, but I seriously doubt they have sold them all.

Yep; that is how I read it as well. All the distributors bought them all but they should pretty much all be available. Awesome game. Will be glad to have 100 new owners in the club.

#386 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If they ever ran a close out on Avatar like the old WPT and WOF, I'd jump on one, too. I actually think it is fun, but not worth full price, to me.

What were the close out prices on those other two games? I was out of the hobby at the time. Thanks.

#399 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They were both sold for 2499 NIB by Playdium in Canada. Many from the US bought and shipped them in. Wish I would have picked up WPT back then. I'll be watching for close outs of those others, but won't hold my breath.

Wow, I'd buy a TF or Avatar pin NIB at those prices.

#416 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bought a Canadian closeout WOF....but I heard they got chewed out for doing that, as it devalued all the other distributors who had stock of those games. I don't think that kind of blowout will ever happen again. I think we would have seen it with CSI or 24...and I'll be honest, I was waiting for a CSI for cheapie-cheap! Another reason why it won't happen again...you don't want too many people sitting on their money waiting for a half-price NIB game!

Sadly I think you are totally right. I think that was why B/W made so few MM's compared with AFM's...they wanted to burn those that were waiting for the blow out sale at the end to clear inventory. Stern will want to avoid ever starting that. Would be awesome though, for us, if it happened on a game for whatever reason.

#430 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Something has gotto give though, i love Avatar, I own an LE but there is alot of stock out there, TF is the same alot of stock out there, stock on sterns factory floor plus not all of LEs have been made yet if that rumour is true, something's gotto give to move this stock on surely? Unless distributors and stern can't afford to have a ton of stock on lesser popular titles that may take years to shift entirely. I don't know hence I'm kinda asking?

Is it true they still have some TF LE Combos to make? I wasn't sure if that was rumor or fact.

2 weeks later
#524 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I hope to god you're a young college guy....or have one for a son!

That is hillarious. I was thinking the same thing when I read it!!!

#525 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I got a call from the the Dist- that I purchased Tron thru this morning , His Order was Cut from 10 to 5 by Stern for some Un-known reason , but he said since I called and got Tron # 2 on his Order and sent the Full Payment in 2 day's Flat , I should have my Tron this week ... We'll See !!! B_R

Very odd to hear Stern is cutting the orders for distributors . . . I wonder if that means they are only doing one extra run of Tron and not the run of two as was reported here . . . perhaps this means there will be another Stern pin made in 2012 after all.

#533 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Highly doubtful. I've never seen them announce a run and distributors take cash for the orders then Stern not follow through. They will make enough to cover orders and do the two runs if necessary to cover it. Otherwise people will stop paying in advance for their pins and that is not what Stern or distributors want at all.

This is really my thoughts as well. No way distributers are getting cut on their orders of this Tron run(s). Tell you what though, Tron is awesome. I hope Stern makes a ton more to get as many into the hands of collectors as possible. It's good for pinball for more trons to be out there.

#621 11 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

i think traditional bumper caps look better in there instead of the stock caps.

Wow, love those playfield toy mods. Very cool!

#654 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

new translite looks dope.. better than the 3d layout

Agreed. I'm thinking of getting one of those to put on my LE. Awesome translite.

2 months later
#1093 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

This little red line appeared under the 88 after 50 games what is it? Do I need to worry?

I'd suggest you call your distributer. That shouldn't be there...as you have guessed.

#1094 11 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

Pretty much try to hit Quorra whenever the ball is on the right flipper.

I only aim for Quorra when coming off hitting another ramp shot; I find the extra ball speed helps to hit her for some reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.