IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scuba_steve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

limited run (100) of NIB Trons has been CONFIRMED for mid-October. No 3D translites also confirmed.
Not sure about the toys.. they were running out of lightcycles by the time I got mine.

Where did you read this?

3 weeks later
#490 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Dimples are going to happen. I got my TSPP new, but it was a layaway. Built 8 months before I opened it. Still got dimples. I have owned the game nearly 8 years. PF looks fine. You can see the dimples turn into an orange peel look as you get more and more of them. That is why alot of 90's games have an orange peel look.

While I agree with that, you would hope techniques would have improved since the 90's...

#507 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

What would you improve? You pretty much either have to redesign trees to make wood in a different and harder way, or you have to take away the steel ball.
Buy a pinball, pick *anything*, and drop it from a couple feet up onto whatever it is that you picked. Your material will either break or dimple. You'd have to remove the pinball from the game to stop this from happening.
And, for the record, my VND which actually doesn't exactly use pinballs was all dimply when I got it too, and it was low mileage.

What would I improve?! I havnt a clue! But I do know that out of the 4 pins that I've owned non of them have the multiple dimples that new Sterns seem to have. What do you make of that? Huh?!! Please tell me why Stern pins are prone to this... You seem to know the answer for calling me out. I would really like to know.

1 week later
#805 11 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

This rumor is killing me - I got a November run on order. Have a ton of Mods sitting at my house... Dang I would hate to go to the open market for this game now. I can find it but its going to kill me - for my first experience to go like this. I resisted but e-mail sent to distributor - since I only found out about this run via the rumor mill why not trust it again.

I must of missed this rumor. Where did you read this?

1 week later
#863 11 years ago

I’m curious, how long is the stock Clu lightcycle in the Pro? I’ve got some Tron Legacy toys lying around and wonder if it’s the same dimensions.

#865 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Going from memory, it's about 2.5".

Cool thanks! What I have should be the same scale.

#867 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you have the diecast Spinmaster toys, that's what's already on there. If you have the lighted cycles from the stores, they're MUCH bigger. The Hallmark ornaments are a little bit bigger than the diecast, but not ludicrous-large like the store toys.

It is the diecast stuff. Is it wrong of me to sort through my kids toys looking for these to decorate a pin???

1 week later
#906 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Word I'm hearing is middle of the month, but at this time thats unconfirmed.

I can't wait! This month is going to be the longest and feel like forever to get to the middle of...

#909 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Word..
I'm still keeping an eye out for some Flynn cycles for us, dude.

I’ve been scoping out eBay and those Hallmark Flynn lightcycles are insane! It might be easier to mod a Clu LOL!

#918 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

. The Gem figure in particular.

Geeee I wonder why? I'd love a life-size Gem figure...

#943 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It's entertaining and humorous to me to see all users heavily modding after Stern's mistake.

Hey it’s a (somewhat) open forum and you can type what you want. It isn’t going to affect my feelings on my new Tron.

One thing I will disagree with you on is a pin can’t be judge based on its abundance in mods. TZ is considered to be one of the most popular pins and it has a sh!tload of em. I would argue that the large number of mods for Tron show the excitement & pride of its owner. I personally am not going to go crazy on modding mine out but I will add a few. I look forward to tinkering with my pins and this will be no exception. It’s like a home owner who wants to add landscaping to accentuate the home.

1 week later
#964 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've still got mine crossed that they get delivered next week.

I have all fingers and toes crossed for that!

#970 11 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I'm starting to think it will be more like early December. Here we are in Mid November and no word.....

Production starts this week. So shipping should, hopefully, start at the end of the week and all of next.

#973 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just want mine to work. Got parts on the way.

It looks like you’ve been having a lot of issues with your Tron and I really sympathize with you on the matter. I have one question...Is all of the hassle worth owning a Tron? Has Stern done right by you?

#983 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Mine is done and boxed should ship out by Friday.

Thats awesome news to read. Did Stern contact you to let you know your game is done and ready for shipping? I've never bought a NIB before so I have no idea how this works.

Does anyone remember how many Trons Stern is producing in this run? I remember reading it somewhere before but I can't remember the number or where I read it.

3 weeks later
#1083 11 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Just got my tron in yesterday.. Installed blue dmd , LEDs and Undercab lighting so far looks great. Only concern is a dimple or small indent like the nose of a screw made just next to the left slingshot.. Just annoys me to look at lol

Where did you buy your blue DMD from?

#1085 11 years ago
Quoted from ryguy:

If you’re curious who has them for sale, I just found one here: http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Tron_Page.html#

Holy crap $599.99 for a blue DMD! I know Ive seen them someplace in the $300 range. I did like the Recognizer & Zuse target decals. I may have to order thoes.

#1088 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

X-Pin. Check their site.

Last time I looked they were sold out.

1 week later
#1114 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

When I first got my NIB I couldn't here the disc motor but after 100 games I can now hear it so mines getting louder the more I play it wtf, as I have the volume on 35 the music over powers it so I'm ok with it.

This reminds me of my first car in high school. The longer I owned it the more noises it would make. To battle that I would just turn up the radio

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scuba_steve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=scuba_steve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.