IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Yeah! Give us a way to get an extra ball besides once out of every 250 games!

My Tron LE went EB crazy the other day...during one game - 2 from the mystery scoop, and I earned one for spelling Daft Punk!

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And you didn't get Portal? Come on man.....

SoS was lit at the scoop and most inserts were solid, too....I flubbed it!!!

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Tron Pro LEsser model, that will be fitting if it does indeed have 2D translite and no toys, but IMHO it won't effect the cool and super fun gameplay of TRON and it's great that more people will be able to get in on a Tron Pro.

LOL....how about Pro2DE (2D Decal Edition)

1 week later
#400 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow, I'd buy a TF or Avatar pin NIB at those prices.

I bought a Canadian closeout WOF....but I heard they got chewed out for doing that, as it devalued all the other distributors who had stock of those games. I don't think that kind of blowout will ever happen again. I think we would have seen it with CSI or 24...and I'll be honest, I was waiting for a CSI for cheapie-cheap! Another reason why it won't happen again...you don't want too many people sitting on their money waiting for a half-price NIB game!

3 weeks later
#606 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What, no Pinbits plastic set and pop bumper kits? Come on dude!

Looks a bit overkill to me. I usually love all of Pinbits stuff, but the Zen plastic looks very "aftermarket" and I'm not sure I get the big orange plastic over the 3-bank...that combined with the blue Recognizer base totally blocks the player view of the lit spinning disc. I don't really get the blue bumper caps either...they cover up the artwork. I've got the white frosted CT LEDs in my pops and they look really cool pretty much as-is.

#608 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Agreed.
I added the Tron colored plastic protector set available from Curly "Little House of Pinball". His are just enough to add some color to the existing plastics, which shine well with colored LED's. While I think the pinbits are a bit much.
Pop Bumper "DEVO" Caps....WHIP IT...WHIP IT GOOD!
Nah I'll pass....I like to see GEM

Yeah mine came w/ the Curly ones installed...they glow all neon-style with UV/Blacklight LEDs. Do Pinbits do that? If so, I might just want the Pinbits sling plastics...I'd rather have the yellow/orange color on the left sling vs. Curly's yellow/green color.

#667 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

On a more positive note, may I present the best part of the NIB experience.

Those nuts at Stern packed some kids in the box!?!!?!?

#686 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I wouldn't expect it to plumit but i bet it goes down to 6

Only if someone were to sell it for 6...do you see that happening? If people wanted to the cash, they'd sell it now....the game is so fun, people won't even sell it for big money.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the new mod is like. There are 500 Black Spideys which have nothing special besides art compared to the original. So, if that's gonna stay up in the 8's, so will Tron LE. The LE is 1 of 400, the ramp lights work with the code, it has other things the Pro doesn't have - Silver accents on the playfield, drop targets, different TRON inserts, moving Recognizer w/ individual inserts per 3-bank target...and as far as we know - Daft Punk multiball is exclusive to the LE.

#733 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I respect that LE owners love their TRON LE's, but I'm quite happy with my pro.

It's all good dude...no need to have a showdown! LIBATIONS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I saw it in 3D and in my opinion the film was like a art piece. Story was ok, and if a fan a little worse but the music and the layered 3D texturing made it Visually stunning and blew Avatar out of the water. Best 3D to date in terms of detail and texture.

SOT Tangent...
I watch a lot of 3D movies and found Tron Legacy's 3D to be reaaaally subtle to the point of almost not seeming 3D. IMO the best "shot in 3D" since Avatar are Harold & Kumar 3D Xmas & Prometheus. Although they were converted to 3D, The Avengers & Titanic are really amazing in 3D! Animated stuff always looks the best in 3D...Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs, Megamind, Tangled, & Despicable Me look amazing!

#773 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

The effects were not over the top as to poke you in the eye but the layering in the foreground, mid ground and background with the use of translucent layering really added to the other world feeling. Not saying the movie takes place off screen but half way out and the other half within. XD/IMAX size screens add to the effect.

Sometimes 3D presentations in theaters isn't that great...maybe I saw it on a mediocre screen. I have a 3D projector/130" screen at home that IMO looks better than the 3D at most theaters...maybe I'll give Tron 3D another go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.