IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

A fellow pinhead is buying a NIB Tron and was told that it doesn't have the 3D Translite.. this is news to me! I thought the only difference was the cab decals vs. silkscreening. Can anyone confirm this?

#5 11 years ago

Bahahahaha I love that movie..

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It wouldn't be worthy of being a Tron pinball without the 3D translite. Cannot believe Stern would ever do this.

It turns out the rumours are likely true (mid-October release).. just confirming with Starburst here in Canada, but maybe one of the big guys down south can chime in as well

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

would be a letdown without the 3D translight but at the same time would be a huge discount over all these high priced Trons we see now.

I wouldn't expect the price to be any different.. in fact, it'll likely be higher than the original Tron release

#24 11 years ago

limited run (100) of NIB Trons has been CONFIRMED for mid-October. No 3D translites also confirmed.

Not sure about the toys.. they were running out of lightcycles by the time I got mine.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Where did you read this?

This comes directly from Starburst Canada, one of Stern's largest distributors.

#50 11 years ago

you take your "Daft Punk" and shove it, Greg.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

See, this is one thing I hate about the pin community. People find out about something and there's no place you can go to actually order crap without being all buddy-buddy with "the right people".
Seriously, I hope you're kidding, but I probably know better than that. I don't get why Stern doesn't sell direct when they end up having to provide support to the end user ANWYAYS and half these things are being drop shipped from Stern straight to a home user/op.

Would you rather pay Stern's MSRP? 'cause it's a lot more than what you'd pay your local distributor..

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

No offense meant to the OP. It's fun to speculate, but 'confirmed' should mean something. Any proof?

Stern never releases info like this officially so it's hard to come up with cold, hard proof per se.. but if the sales manager at Starburst Coin Inc. (Stern's 2nd largest distributor worldwide I believe) sends me an email confirming the fact, I tend to believe them. And distribs are already taking preorders

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I think the new Translight looks awesome Its up on there facebook page!

Agreed! i'm gonna grab one for my Tron and swap the 3D one out.

#158 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If you can find one sure you could. I'm betting some guys will sell there 3d and swap to the 2d as its pretty cool looking.

FS: 3D Tron Translite... $600

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

since only 100 of these trons are gonna be made..... do you guys think its gonna be hard to find this version translite? or will stern make a ton of them?

Stern will likely make many extra.. the cost difference between 100pcs and 500pcs is minimal.

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Nice pb custom...only reason I would actually like to find a 3d for my new 2d machine is because of the backbox led kit. Not worth $600 to me though

lol it was more a prediction really.. I wouldn't sell mine personally, but I'm sure others will.. and for stupid cash.

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't understand. If Stern has a popular machine and can sell 100 in a day...why not make 500 or more? Why does there have to be a limit. If he can sell 2,000...why not make em'?

Yeah, no joke. Retailers knew the demand was there but apparently Stern didn't.

It's a gamble for Stern.. they kinda roll the dice with every title. Look at Transformers.. rumour has it they've still got plenty of them on their warehouse floor, and that they haven't even produced all of the LE games yet (and possibly never will). Transformers was a sure-fire theme, but a flop of a game.. whether you like the game or not, the numbers don't lie.

#184 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The recognizer. And oh yeah, it was made by Spinmaster too. WE'RE SCREWED!!

You can blame it on the fact that they're Canadian if it makes you feel any better They were probably all stoned on the production lines..

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

But how long would they take to make?

I *THINK* I recall hearing they try to move ~30 games out the door per day, but don't quote me on that.

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Being a "flop" commercially doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game, and commercial success is a much easier thing to measure.

Yep. To be clear, I'm not referring to the game itself (Transformers), but rather the sales of the game.

#275 11 years ago

Pinbits should make a yellow cover to turn the LED DMD colour to orange.

That said I will run out and buy a brand new plasma DMD to trade for an LED one straight up

#278 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I like the LED display, just prefer orange on Tron, like herg says. Remember rule #1. There is no red in Tron.

Unless you're Sark or the MCP?

#442 11 years ago

Apple is the biggest offender when it comes to price fixing.. doesn't matter where you go, their prices are always going to be the same.

Also I don't see what the big deal is over the latched lockdown bars. They really don't bother me. At least you don't have to worry about the latch getting caught on the coin mechs Also if you're like me, you can leave the lockdown bar unlatched for quick and easy access without having to open the coin door. *shrugs*

#445 11 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

That's funny. In home use that is good but leaving unlatched on location is not good. And I have done it more than once - just lucky that no one noticed. The traditional latching system prevents this, as most all latching systems have since around 1970, by preventing you from closing the door if it is not latched.

Ahh I guess that makes sense, I wasn't really thinking about games on location. Heh

But yeah, in a home use environment it doesn't make much of a difference IMO.

#450 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The problem there is that they likely ordered all the parts for the full manufacturing run. Now they're stuck with all the components to finish the run - money wasted.

Also the plate numbers are all gonna be wrong.. lol

3 weeks later
#625 11 years ago

I'd love to see the rest of your PF, those toy mods look pretty awesome

#669 11 years ago

Teaching your sons to double flip, eh Benaar!! Bad father!

Kiddin.. congrats dude.

#712 11 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

For people who may not know or have forgotten, here are the differences the LE has over the pro in one complete list:
1 - Daft Punk Multiball
2 - Silver around PF inserts
3 - Drop targets instead of standups
4 - Moving Recognizer
5 - Lighted ramps
6 - LED insert PCBs
7 - Chrome trim
8 - Metal apron with blue windows w/ flashers
9 - Metal under PF rails
10 - Traditional lockdown bar and receiver
11 - LE numbered plaque on backbox and signed certificate of authentisity

Thankfully the only gameplay differences are the drop targets and extra multiball.. (unlike the newer LE games). I can live without the rest of it, and almost all can be added to your pro if you really wanted to do so.

You did forget the alternating colour flashers under the spinner though!

I respect that LE owners love their Tron LE's, but I'm quite happy with my pro.

- B

#731 11 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen, B_R.

#753 11 years ago

Looks great! I have the same flipper buttons on my Tron but I need a splitter for my 12v. I have a PIG but have to install it still.. and my Flynn sign.. and my Pinbits protectors.. man, so many mods for this game!

#807 11 years ago

The November run of an extra 100 is still unconfirmed, btw..

1 month later
#1050 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

That is a tough one, sacrifice one portal for another. Hmmm.

They both cost a lot of time and money to reach, too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=pinball_customs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.