IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 11 years ago

Being a "flop" commercially doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game, and commercial success is a much easier thing to measure.

#274 11 years ago

I'd prefer the orange display simply based on the color scheme of the game, but it's not going to cause me too much grief either way. If it IS red, and a blue filter makes it look purple, that still might fit in with the artwork better.

#277 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

That said I will run out and buy a brand new plasma DMD to trade for an LED one straight up

There's instructions on how to do this in PinWiki:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stern_S.A.M._System_Repair#DMD_LED_to_Plasma_conversion

Any idea what all this stuff would cost?

#283 11 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

blue filter will make it green not purple. Only paint mixed will give purple NOT light.

I beg to differ on that. It might look green due to the wavelength of light in the "red" and what the filter will pass, but red and blue light mixed certainly does appear purple. Otherwise, all TV/monitor technology wouldn't work. It is possible that if you had pure red light, and a pure blue filter, nothing in the red wavelength would pass, and you'd end up with black, though.

#340 11 years ago

Blue one was made in 2010. Yellow in 2011.

2 weeks later
#470 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I heard today Oct 4th that Stern has Tron Pro's being assembled on the Lines ... I'm Stoaked !!!

Yeah. I got a call from JJ saying Stern moved them up a couple weeks, asking for the remaining balance on mine.

I was also wondering, was it ever confirmed if these will have the leg plates already installed?

#484 11 years ago

This is my first NIB, and I'm shocked at how fast this happens once the ball starts rolling. I just sent my check for the remaining balance to JJ yesterday! FWIW, I don't have a shipping confirmation yet.

#513 11 years ago

BR, now you've managed to get me nervous as well. Of course, your situation is a little different since they've had payment in full the whole time. My check for the balance hasn't been cashed yet.

#519 11 years ago

True, but with WOZ, the buyers knew they would be waiting for the machine to be designed and built. It may be taking longer than expected, but it's not the same thing as a distributor taking pre-orders, then bumping a paying buyer to a later delivery. I'm hoping it's just a misunderstanding.

#540 11 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

New Tron from October run with red DMD.

Dude! Now I'm really getting excited! I still don't have my shipping confirmation, though. Thanks for the pics.

#562 11 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

not sure who would buy a marked up one when they are still available direct for $4-500 cheaper when you factor in shipping.

Gone fishing?

Mine is certainly not for speculation; it's for playing.

#597 11 years ago
Quoted from wescor97:

JJ do you still have some of these inbound? Shoot me a PM...

Why not call or at least PM him? Expecting him to read this thread is a bit passive, IMO.

#629 11 years ago

You guys are killing me! Still no indication that my payment has even been received. I left a message earlier, but I guess I'll try again after work.

#698 11 years ago

Still trying to be patient here.

#709 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

You should have gotten a Ship Notification today, yours leaves Stern Tomorrow on its way direct to you.

Yeah, thanks.

I think a combination of events on my end really delayed it. I had only paid the deposit when JJ called to let me know they were ready to ship. I didn't have the checkbook with me, so I missed the mail deadline that day, the check went out the next day. Columbus Day likely delayed either the mail or the check clearing. I still had to work on CD, though.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Herg will be very happy when he wakes up tomorrow and reads that.

Yes, he will!

#790 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

So have I missed where the best place to wire them on a Pro is?

I'm not sure if this is the best approach, but it's the one I'm going to use.
http://www.cnypinballpleasure.com/tron.html

BTW, has yours shipped yet. I have a bill of lading, but no tracking number yet.

#797 11 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

In case anyone was wondering how the red DMD matches the game, it actually fits really well! Really ties to the recognizer lights, which is a nice touch.

That's good to hear. I was pretty much prepared to not like the red, but I was reserving judgement for when I see it in person.

#814 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I was in on the October run initially but Stern moved some orders including mine to November.

Ugh! That sucks. At least they're still planning a November run, though.

If anyone cares, mine shipped Monday, and I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

#864 11 years ago

Going from memory, it's about 2.5".

1 week later
#905 11 years ago

Sounds like you need a set of combination wrenches. 1/4" and 5/16" are the ones you'll need most often. Pinrestore has a decent set for $14.

#912 11 years ago

Yeah, I got mine for $17 shipped from EBay last month.

#915 11 years ago

There was a ton of Hallmark ornaments (not Tron) at a local store for $1 each a couple months ago. I think there's money to be made flipping anything if you're savvy about it.

#938 11 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Well said - Please let us enjoy our experience. Ahhh the Ignore button never used it! Gosh I love Robin!!! Great idea!

+1

1 week later
#992 11 years ago

Wow, that sucks. You've really had some terrible luck with that machine.

#1000 11 years ago

I think that's just the size of the box, not including the pallet.

2 weeks later
#1079 11 years ago

I'd be interested in whether there are options to quiet the disk as well. Mine doesn't really bother me that much, but it's loud enough that I'd put it on my list of projects if there was something to quiet it.

#1100 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'd bet it was there all along and you just got a chance to notice it.

+1

#1108 11 years ago

I have a scope and a Tron, but it will be weekend before I'll have time to measure anything.

#1111 11 years ago

Your measurement, sir. Notice that I'm set to 200 mV/div, though, so unless you have a x10 probe and x1 on your scope, mine is way worse than yours. I can't hear any noise coming from the speaker until I get about a foot away from it.

audio.JPGaudio.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=herg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.