IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't understand. If Stern has a popular machine and can sell 100 in a day...why not make 500 or more? Why does there have to be a limit. If he can sell 2,000...why not make em'?

Easy answer here.
You say your are making 500 more...what's the rush the rush to buy one? Result is Stern is sitting on inventory. Sitting on inventory does not generate money...sales do.

So you say your making only 100...and they all sell out fast. Keeping the production #'s low results in impulsive purchases (ie: I better buy one or I'll miss the boat, like last time).

That has been their whole concept with these LE's all along. Now your having to pay a premium for a full featured game, and paying big money to have a metal tag on your game that says what number yours is, along with the mentality...I better get one before they sell out. Look how limited Avatar LE and Transformers LE are.....I could still order one from my distributor and it would ship from Stern. Doesn't sound too limited to me?

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm not saying you have to make all 500. You know the machine is popular. It sold out once. Now, instead of just making another 100, you take pre-orders. If 200 are ordered, you make 200, if 600, 600. Why leave money on the table if they could have sold 300. They sold 100 in a day. Just sayin'.

I hear ya..but if they don't put a number to it..there is no rush. Sterns trend has been limited editions...get one or you won't to increase instant pre-sales. To put a low number like 100 being made, results in a mad rush that will sell out.

However in reality who's to say behind the table they are "really only making 100"???

These aren't numbered. I'm not saying this is the case...but it's possible and there is nothing wrong with it. Gary could very well send the same form letter to all of his distributors and say something to the extend of "Based off the popularity of the Stern Tron Pinball, we have decided to make a small run of 100 machines, we have allocated a small number of 10 per distributor at this special one time run. Please contact us as soon as possible to place your order." However the catch to this is that "if" they were to send this letter to 30 distributors. The reality is that they are really could potentially make 300+ more TRON's. It all matters on how many distributors they have world wide.

The end result it's all about hype and getting one while we do this last run. I think it all matters on the pre-orders. I mean if they are not running them until October and it's early September right now, Stern has plenty of time to know how many they need to make whether it be 100 or 1000, based off of their pre-sales here in September.

My thoughts on the hype.

#228 11 years ago

Clean the disc with rubbing alcohol will keep it grippy.

#365 11 years ago

Glad to see pics of my purdy Blue TRON LE (aka Encom Edition) I took to the Texas Pinball Festival 2012 made it in this thread. The blue DMD I was displaying at the Festival was a prototype for XPin I was showing before it was released. Some issues were addressed that I noticed in it while at the show, that have since been resolved.

I've since purchased an XPin Blue DMD for my TRON LE and it looks awesome in that game. TRON deserves a blue DMD. It's so fitting to that title.

B_R thanks for attaching those pics of my game from the festival. I haven't seen those before.

#396 11 years ago

B_R I bought my blue DMD directly from XPin (Brett Davis). Send him an e-mail and ask when more will be available.

#397 11 years ago

If you've got extra funds laying around. I highly recommend Kimball's Pinball's backbox LED insert board. It brings the backglass to life. I added it to mine, which could be seen at the TPF.

Here is a video of it (this was taken prior to me receiving the finished blue DMD, thus ol' faithful orange in there)

2 weeks later
#495 11 years ago

B_R, LED displays should be compatible from one game to the next.

Only thing to consider is that if it came factory with LED, it probably can't be fitted with a gas plasma display as they require High Voltage that to my understanding is not on games that come from the factory with LED's.

#607 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks a bit overkill to me. I usually love all of Pinbits stuff, but the Zen plastic looks very "aftermarket" and I'm not sure I get the big orange plastic over the 3-bank...that combined with the blue Recognizer base totally blocks the player view of the lit spinning disc. I don't really get the blue bumper caps either...they cover up the artwork. I've got the white frosted CT LEDs in my pops and they look really cool pretty much as-is.

Agreed.

I added the Tron colored plastic protector set available from Curly "Little House of Pinball". His are just enough to add some color to the existing plastics, which shine well with colored LED's. While I think the pinbits are a bit much.

Pop Bumper "DEVO" Caps....WHIP IT...WHIP IT GOOD!
Nah I'll pass....I like to see GEM

1 week later
#832 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I just wired JJ the money for one in November. So......

Welcome to the tron club.

Don't even tell me you got rid of lotr? If so, I'm entitled to give you a rashin' of shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=hassellcastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.