IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#361 11 years ago

I bought Tron because I wanted a Tron, I was not going to be a buyer of TF or Avatar. If they are sitting on inventory, I don't know what it would take to move some of those older titles.

3 weeks later
#586 11 years ago

Almost all the mods would be needed on an LE as well (assuming you are into them), with the exception of the ramps. So the price difference between the 2 is pretty significant.

Putting the mods in is all part of the fun of owning Tron. So it is not a negative as far as I'm concerned.

#663 11 years ago

wow. some bad luck there. Let us know how Stern treats you.

No problems with my NIB Tron that I got last month, so it was just bad luck i guess.

#710 11 years ago

I saw the movie in imax 3d when first released and that was certainly an experience. I watched it again at home with my kids. The story is still convoluted but it is a spectacle to see and hear even on a smaller screen.

It does make for a better pin than movie. The movie assets translated over to the game very well.

#798 11 years ago

Just in case it helps anyone out with production forensics... I'll throw my serial # into the mix. This is from the last run of 3D, but with decal and lightrunner. #235432. That is almost 2000 under these current ones, if Stern produced 2000 games between now and then (Xmen and ACDC i would guess), they seem to be doing just fine.

#804 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have no idea if Stern works this way or not, but it was standard practice with some companies to change numbers regularly and skip numbers to mask how many they are really making.
It could mean 2000. It could also be that Xmen was 236XXX and this run of Tron Pro is 237XXX with a totally random starting number. They also might be skipping a number for every machine that comes off the row, and skipping two here and there too.
I'm not saying that Stern does this, but I've heard stories of at least one other manufacturer who did something very similar.

Oh for sure, we can only guess.

But it also makes sense that they produced 2000 games over x months. If it is less than 2000 because they are skipping numbers, then they aren't selling much at all.

#842 11 years ago

Mine was not a first run. It was a 2nd run, with decal and light runner (but with 3D).

I am in Canada but mine was bought in the US.

2 weeks later
#910 11 years ago

What are the Flynn cycles selling for nowadays?

#913 11 years ago

I just checked and 2 months ago I paid $18 for CLU and $15 for Flynn + shipping.

I keep wonder when the modders will have finally exhausted all the availability .

#917 11 years ago

Same goes for the Tron figures... they were all discounted into dollar store bins at the end of their run, now selling for good money on ebay. The Gem figure in particular.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.