IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 11 years ago
Quoted from PeteM:

So, they're all gone already?

I think you can still get them from distributors. The distributors have probably bought all that Stern will make, but I seriously doubt they have sold them all.

#240 11 years ago

Anybody know if they will have the decal protectors where the legs attach?

#294 11 years ago

I saw that the Blue DMD's at XPin have grid lines and also are out of stock. I don't think I would be happy with the noticeable gaps in the display.

#301 11 years ago

Here is the link to the Blue cover that supposedly works with LED displays but not plasma. It would be nice if they would post a picture of it installed in a machine.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544

#313 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

What does this have to do with pinball? From what I understand, Stern can say that they don't want a price advertised below $X,XXX for a particular machine. If a retailer advertises it below that point, Stern can simply choose not to sell them any more machines in the future. They aren't banning them from selling them lower, just from listing them lower.

You are missing the point. The issue is that Stern does indeed appear to be telling distributors that they cannot sell the latest run of TRON for less than $4700 shipped.

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

A Higher Price and the Lose of some mod's ,, I Personally Dig the New Trans- 3D Big deal !!
But the Light cycles better be on the P/F for what i'm pay-n for this pin .. Don't Go Cheap on us Stern ..

Most are just taking the Stern light cycles off and putting the lighted hallmark cycles on anyway. I don't see the big deal with that being omitted. I would be more disappointed with the lockdown latch and playfield pegs if those are used. The slider rails for the playfield costs about $60 and the latch issue is just being plain cheap! They at least need to include the decal protectors for the legs.

#320 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I keep seeing folks talk about this as if it were new. There are no Tron Pros that have rails and a standard lockdown bar. The pegs and latch-down bar have been in use for over 2 years on all Pro models. I think there is confusion that this run will be the first to have these items.

My SM has the regular lockdown system and was built in late 2010. It is a very new thing to have the latch.
What will be the next cost cutting measure be, plastic side rails and a plastic lockdown bar itself? It is not good to keep on cheaping out the machines. One of these days you are going to get a NIB machine and play a game on it, and after the game you will look down and realize the game moved a foot from when you started because it is so darn light weight.

#323 11 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

I got one to would love to know where to buy some mods or the hallmark lite cycles everyone's talking about

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2

#345 11 years ago

I would love to know what this blue DMD cover does on a red LED display, Isn't the new batch of Tron going to have the Red LED display? That is what this product from pinbits is made for:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Or orange? Are all the Sterns 2003 - 2008 plasma? How does blue impact the traditional orange?
I'd love to be able to make CSI green...does blue over orange do that? Someone here says it does over the red. Which isn't help me...unless I put both a red AND blue cove over orange....??? Yes, no? Stupid?

The cover is only for the newer LED displays and I still do not know what it looks like. It does not work on the older plasma for sure.

I sent an e-mail to pinbits asking for pictures.

#353 11 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

A blue cover will do nothing to a red or orange display, no matter if it's plasma or LED. The blue cover blocks all light except blue, there is no blue in red or orange.
You're not dealing with paint where mixing colors changes things by adding pigment. You're dealing with removing colors through filtering, very different.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

The question then is why is pinbits selling a blue cover. I put an e-mail in to them to ask for pictures.

#367 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

So those who've decided to get one, who's got the best price? I've gotten quotes from 3 different places and all were the same....

$4700 shipped is the Stern fixed lowest price for this batch

#373 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

What's the pickup price? $350 less?

Quoted from kwiKimart:

Might have to contact a So-Cal distributor now....

In-state purchases would be subject to that State's sales tax at the time of purchase so it is typically not a good idea to buy local.

Just about everybody that said they were getting one from the October run of TRON said they were paying $4700-4800.

#375 11 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

As soon as someone can do $4450 shipped for a NIB Tron (which I *know* they were offered for recently), I'll buy one today. Cash.
You can PM me.

I don't think the distributors are allowed to do it for that price. They seem to have been given a mandate from Stern on this October run. Maybe the TRONs that were made months ago could be sold for a cheaper price?

#381 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I don't know why people are so surprised that the price is up. The game is in high demand, why would they pump out not enough games to cover the market demand at a vastly lower price? If Stern makes 100 games and sells them for $4200 instead of $4600 to distributors, they are leaving $40,000 on the table.
The games sold out to distributors at the higher price point in what, a day?
Seems like an easy $40k to me.

I am not complaining, the price is reasonable when you compare it to ACDC and XMEN.
It makes sense that the distributors have to make up for the losses on all the Avatar, Nascar, TRS, and TF they still have in stock and Stern is essentially throwing them a bone.

A proven top 25 game NIB for less than $5000 shipped these days is a good deal. Plus it is going to get even better if the controlled ramp lighting mod works out.

#385 11 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Again another reason for a Stern MSRP. I could give a s**t that a distributor "lost money" on another transaction. Don't try to "make up for it" by dipping into MY wallet on another sale.

I think this is Stern's MSRP. It is not collusion by the distributors, it is STERN doing this.

#424 11 years ago

Here is the lighted Flynn sign for sale:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2530

#440 11 years ago

Maybe they could just not make the rest of the LE's, and then down the road the LE's that were made would become slightly more valuable.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#485 11 years ago

I think that Stern had most of the parts for TRON on hand, but had a shortage of the 3D backglass and orange DMD. They had the 2D backglass made and are using the in stock red LED displays so it is mostly just a matter of building the games.

#506 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Remember Mark your going to burn a bridge...... A BIG ONE.

Who is Mark? B_R?

#509 11 years ago

Post EDITED per request

Anyway, I hope you get the October delivery.

#549 11 years ago

For those that are getting this game, PBL relisted their shaker motors for $150.

#553 11 years ago

Now it looks like PBL is sold out of the shakers again

#570 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Where do you buy a re-run tron from been looking for hours

Stern distributors sell them, but they have to order it since they will likely be limited to 200 and the demand is fairly high.

#577 11 years ago

Just set the replay credit to extra balls at a couple of scores if extra ball is desired.

#598 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

My dist- called me yesterday and said my Tron should arrive Thurs- ( Oct 11th ) I have No E-mail say-n so from the shipper yet ,, W/ AC/DC I had an E-mail several days ahead ..

I would guess that the shipper will call you and set up a delivery window. That is how my two pins were delivered, but each shipper is different.

#626 11 years ago

Here are the figures for sale:

ebay.com link: sch

#647 11 years ago

jealousy running strong in me right now, will do my best to fight it

congrats

It is funny, but normally the translites with huge faces look like crap. This one looks great!

#651 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jeff Bridges character?
is the movie any good?

I would say that people that like movies like the Matrix, Inception, Contact, and Vanilla Sky would probably have a good chance of liking the original Tron and the newer Tron Legacy.

I recommend watching the movies in order (i.e. Tron then Tron Legacy).

#668 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

On a more positive note, may I present the best part of the NIB experience.

Man, I had that same hairstyle and hair color back in 1974 when I was that age. Brings back a lot of memories.

#704 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

You should have gotten a Ship Notification today, yours leaves Stern Tomorrow on its way direct to you.

Herg will be very happy when he wakes up tomorrow and reads that.

#722 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

OK ,, Where's MY TRON !!! It's Supposed to be Here .. It's almost NOON ...........

Nervous breakdown, nervous breakdown, coo-coo, coo-coo

#817 11 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Tron has arrived! Just set it up, so far so good. Is the motor on the disc supposed to be that loud?
I think some wax is next on the list.

Congrats. Herg I guess Jason beat you by a day.

#825 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

JJ is from Pinball Sales, right?

JJ is Gexchange

2 weeks later
#911 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What are the Flynn cycles selling for nowadays?

Around $20

#947 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Honestly, it is like many things in life.. Like Ice Cream. Some people Want only Vanilla, and that is it. Others like Rocky Road with Whipped cream.. Everyone can do what they like. The cool thing about Tron is that it is fine the way it is.. but it is like a canvas that people can add to if they see fit. It doesn't really get any better than that. If people want to LED out the machine.. GO for it. It is for them. I, like the others, am just ticked pink to have it (no, not setup yet..) I had to get Gorgar working, and didn't have room to set it up yet.. but that is going to happen this week!! =)
BTW, here is a REAL question for the guys here.. As I have not torn into everything yet to find out.. but did Tron come with Leg Protectors? I just ordered some, and if so, then I can use it on my other machines.

Yes, the new batch of Tron's has the metal brackets for protecting the decals.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.