Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.
#301 7 years ago

Here is the link to the Blue cover that supposedly works with LED displays but not plasma. It would be nice if they would post a picture of it installed in a machine.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544

#302 7 years ago

Here's a Tron Le w/ a Blue DMd or Plasma ( what ever it is ) The Regular Orange lOOks Ok ,
Red I think isn't gonna lOOk rite .. The Blue Armor Is Sweet , Oh Myy $$$ ... And CoinTaker's Blue Flipper button led Kit ,, My Tron is Gonna be Sweet when i'm Done w/ it

Also , lOOk at the 1 coin-slot coin Door , What's up w/ that ?

Texas_Pinball_Festival_006.JPG Texas_Pinball_Festival_013.JPG Texas_Pinball_Festival_026.JPG Texas_Pinball_Festival_027.JPG

#303 7 years ago

Can anyone clarify/verify all of this for me? As I understand it, besides the 2d translite the new runs will have red led displays, metal pins, no lightbikes and a 1-slot coindoor?

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Can anyone clarify/verify all of this for me? As I understand it, besides the 2-d translite the new runs will have red led displays, metal pins, no lightbikes and a 1-slot coindoor?

No 1 slot coindoor, that is the LE. There has been no confirmation regarding lightbikes, but if it is like mine from the last run, you should have an orange light bike and the light runner, as opposed to a blue and yellow light bike. Not sure what you mean by metal pins...

#305 7 years ago

Did you mean the Metal leg plates that go between the cab and legs ??

#306 7 years ago

Thanks daley. What I meant was metal leg protectors, which were mentioned earlier in the thread. I guess it would just be nice to know whats actually going to be in that big beautiful box. I ordered one for my first nib. Finally, a Tron for me.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Changing out dmd's to a different color just seems like a waste of money to me personally. But to each his own.

I bought the Blue X-Pin display for my Tron LE and it simply looks like it belong'd there from the factory.

I also pointed Borg in the right direction to snag one since he really likes it as well.

However, like you said, to each their own!

(I think it is awesome but $330 is definitely a bit pricey)

#308 7 years ago

Ok so we know it has a 2d translite, possibly no light cycles, red led dmd, decals vs screening, etc..

But do we know... Will it have a proper lockdown bar like AC/dc or are we back to crappy latches? Please god no..

#309 7 years ago

It will have the "crappy latches", just like every pro, ACDC included.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Anyways I work in a industry that is quite larger then Pinball & its common place for may of the manufactures we buy from to set a minimum retail price we are allowed to sell their product for or risk having our account pulled.

My sister works as a buyer for a major store chain, and they have a very similar thing going on there. Basically, if the store has prices below a certain level for a certain period, the manufacturers will pull the account.

JC Penney created a huge stink this year when they did their "low prices every day" thing, as a bunch of their prices were below that threshold, and I know that my sister's company was telling manufacturers that if they didn't allow them to go that low, they would stop selling the manufacturers products at their chain.

What does this have to do with pinball? From what I understand, Stern can say that they don't want a price advertised below $X,XXX for a particular machine. If a retailer advertises it below that point, Stern can simply choose not to sell them any more machines in the future. They aren't banning them from selling them lower, just from listing them lower.

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

There has been no confirmation regarding lightbikes, but if it is like mine from the last run, you should have an orange light bike and the light runner, as opposed to a blue and yellow light bike.

If you want the "originals", you can always buy them from someone who modded their machine, or you can look online. The online web store that I run has a bunch of Tron toys, and we probably have a half dozen or more of each of these in stock.

SpinMaster overproduced certain toys for the market (including those), so they are still relatively easy to find.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ok so we know it has a 2d translite, possibly no light cycles, red led dmd, decals vs screening, etc..
But do we know... Will it have a proper lockdown bar like AC/dc or are we back to crappy latches? Please god no..

I was told it will have the Light Runner and the Orange Lightcycle. I'll probably stick those in the coinbox and source the white and yellow from the net or someone who did the hallmark mod and doesn't want theirs.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

What does this have to do with pinball? From what I understand, Stern can say that they don't want a price advertised below $X,XXX for a particular machine. If a retailer advertises it below that point, Stern can simply choose not to sell them any more machines in the future. They aren't banning them from selling them lower, just from listing them lower.

You are missing the point. The issue is that Stern does indeed appear to be telling distributors that they cannot sell the latest run of TRON for less than $4700 shipped.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You are missing the point. The issue is that Stern does indeed appear to be telling distributors that they cannot sell the latest run of TRON for less than $4700 shipped.

Why would they do that when you can buy Xmen, AC/DC and TF pros for 4400-4500 shipped?

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Maybe Stern is selling the games to the distributors at a higher price point, like $4,500 (which with shipping would be almost no profit for the distros)?

Maybe the distributors realize that this will sell out, so there is no reason to offer big discounts on it?

Quoted from treborlicec:

Why would they do that when you can buy Xmen, AC/DC and TF pros for 4400-4500 shipped?

Smaller runs equal higher part cost?

Stern wants to pass that cost onto buyers to maximize profit?

This all seems perfectly reasonable to me. Let's face it - if I told a bunch of people on here two weeks ago that they could get a Tron for $4700 shipped NIB, a bunch of people would have jumped on it. Now you can... and if it is too high for you, you can wait until the price is higher again, or until Stern does another run... when the price will probably be even higher than it is now.

#316 7 years ago

A Higher Price and the Lose of some mod's ,, I Personally Dig the New Trans- 3D Big deal !!

But the Light cycles better be on the P/F for what i'm pay-n for this pin .. Don't Go Cheap on us Stern ..

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

A Higher Price and the Lose of some mod's ,, I Personally Dig the New Trans- 3D Big deal !!
But the Light cycles better be on the P/F for what i'm pay-n for this pin .. Don't Go Cheap on us Stern ..

Most are just taking the Stern light cycles off and putting the lighted hallmark cycles on anyway. I don't see the big deal with that being omitted. I would be more disappointed with the lockdown latch and playfield pegs if those are used. The slider rails for the playfield costs about $60 and the latch issue is just being plain cheap! They at least need to include the decal protectors for the legs.

#318 7 years ago

I got one can someone put some links on here to websites that have Tron mods please .

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would be more disappointed with the lockdown latch and playfield pegs if those are used. The slider rails for the playfield costs about $60 and the latch issue is just being plain cheap! They at least need to include the decal protectors for the legs.

I keep seeing folks talk about this as if it were new. There are no Tron Pros that have rails and a standard lockdown bar. The pegs and latch-down bar have been in use for over 2 years on all Pro models. I think there is confusion that this run will be the first to have these items.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I keep seeing folks talk about this as if it were new. There are no Tron Pros that have rails and a standard lockdown bar. The pegs and latch-down bar have been in use for over 2 years on all Pro models. I think there is confusion that this run will be the first to have these items.

My SM has the regular lockdown system and was built in late 2010. It is a very new thing to have the latch.
What will be the next cost cutting measure be, plastic side rails and a plastic lockdown bar itself? It is not good to keep on cheaping out the machines. One of these days you are going to get a NIB machine and play a game on it, and after the game you will look down and realize the game moved a foot from when you started because it is so darn light weight.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My SM has the regular lockdown system and was built in late 2010. It is a very new thing to have the latch.What will be the next cost cutting measure be, plastic side rails and a plastic lockdown bar itself? It is not good to keep on cheaping out the machines. One of these days you are going to get a NIB machine and play a game on it, and after the game you will look down and realize the game moved a foot from when you started because it is so darn light weight.

It started in August of 2010 with Avatar. A tad over 2 years ago. Even if the last run Spideys didn't have that latch down bar, they had plastic aprons and pegs. After 2 years, I'm used to it, but in the grand scheme of things, I guess you could say 2 years ago was recent.

#322 7 years ago

I got one to would love to know where to buy some mods or the hallmark lite cycles everyone's talking about

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

I got one to would love to know where to buy some mods or the hallmark lite cycles everyone's talking about

amazon.com link »

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Most are just taking the Stern light cycles off and putting the lighted hallmark cycles on anyway. I don't see the big deal with that being omitted. I would be more disappointed with the lockdown latch and playfield pegs if those are used. The slider rails for the playfield costs about $60 and the latch issue is just being plain cheap! They at least need to include the decal protectors for the legs.

I went to Shanetastic's Pad to see his Xmen Pro , I saw the Double latch lockdown bar and the Metal pegs on his Pro .. The Pegs ( not a Big Deal ) but the latches dam , How much of a Lesser cost was that for Stern , $ 30.00 maybe .. Stupid call for them and the pegs too if ya want to get rite down to it .. But like treborlicec , these are things that ya could get used too.

#325 7 years ago

BR I ordered the rails already and I'm going to see what's involved in switching to a proper lockdown mechanism. I have a few stern lockdowns I would just need the assembly. Hmm

#326 7 years ago

Someone got a pic of these "latch-bars" versus an old style lockdown? I'm just curious. I've never noticed any issue with the bar on the Trons I have played.

#327 7 years ago

I bought TRON as my first NIB and the pegs and lockbar mech bugged me immediately. I purchased the rails because they make the game much easier to service and safer too (I have had my DE games fall off the rail and I won't have that happen with a NIB.

Now, the lockdown issue. I hate it, but not enough to change the mech and get a new lockdown bar. I added it up and it was over $100. With this money I could get something else or save it. Fast forward to a year later, the lockbar mech doesn't bother me at all. I usually keep the right side locked and left side open and the bar is still very secure but it makes it real simple to pull the lockbar off if I only have to scrape one knuckle My XMEN PRO also has the cheapo lockbar, but again, it really doesn't bother me anymore.

YMMV

Quoted from Pinchroma:

BR I ordered the rails already and I'm going to see what's involved in switching to a proper lockdown mechanism. I have a few stern lockdowns I would just need the assembly. Hmm

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I am curious - is this possible? I would think there are some holes that need to be in the top-front of the cabinet to accept the locking mechanism that grabs the lockdown bar. Do those holes exist on the "pro" cabinets and just don't get used, or would you have to do some serious woodwork to retrofit the latch?

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertG:

I am curious - is this possible? I would think there are some holes that need to be in the top-front of the cabinet to accept the locking mechanism that grabs the lockdown bar. Do those holes exist on the "pro" cabinets and just don't get used, or would you have to do some serious woodwork to retrofit the latch?

No idea. Have to look into it

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Well that answers that, I think you answered your own question

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No idea. Have to look into it

You need to replace the lockdown receiver with this one:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1285

Then, it will accept a standard non latch version.

#332 7 years ago

Here's a Cool video show-n the Pegs and the Lockbar latches ..

#333 7 years ago

Yeah, I can see.. There was an after market company making those "protectors" for under the playfield... and yeah, the "latches" instead of the tradtitional lock down bar.. what a pain.. but I will be getting those replaced.

#334 7 years ago

I really like the latch better. I usually don’t even latch them. Then you can just lift the bar and slide out the glass. When they are latched the bar fits better. It is a better design. Now the pegs I don’t like those.
Give the latch a chance I bet you will like it.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

I really like the latch better. I usually don’t even latch them. Then you can just lift the bar and slide out the glass. When they are latched the bar fits better. It is a better design. Now the pegs I don’t like those.
Give the latch a chance I bet you will like it.

My latch-bar doesn't fit that well, it is very snug and doesn't sit all the way down unless you latch it.

#336 7 years ago

I'm a big tron fan, and if the new backglass looked like this I'd buy a pro and set it next to my LE:

tron_babes_1_by_brackman71-d38ipkl.jpg

#337 7 years ago

Khabbi, do you have a larger source for that pic ? Link(s) ??

#338 7 years ago

Wish I did!

#339 7 years ago

Excuse my ignorance, but why is the yellow Hallmark cycle always cheaper than the blue cycle?

I take it they are the same size etc ...?

Dave

#340 7 years ago

Blue one was made in 2010. Yellow in 2011.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I'm a big tron fan, and if the new backglass looked like this I'd buy a pro and set it next to my LE:

well, you're dead wrong on SM but your taste in art and women is unquestioned!

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from funkeman:

FYI, I didn't see it mentioned here ... I spoke to a distributor earlier today and he said the new run of Tron Pros will also have a RED dot matrix display (like AC/DC). Apparently Stern ran out of orange displays and is using red ones on this run.

TRON definitely needs a blue DMD. Looks so right in that game.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Alternate translate! I am in

#344 7 years ago

Do you pictures of an installed blue DMD with a link where it can be purchased? Thanks.

#345 7 years ago

I would love to know what this blue DMD cover does on a red LED display, Isn't the new batch of Tron going to have the Red LED display? That is what this product from pinbits is made for:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544

#346 7 years ago

Found this video of a blue DMD:

Part sold here: http://www.xpinpinball.com/products/displays/XP-DMD4096

Post edited by bjorg : more information

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Do you pictures of an installed blue DMD with a link where it can be purchased? Thanks.

http://LockWhenLit.com/Products.htm

Blue probably won't appear in stock anywhere for some time. I'm filling orders for them as they come in. Pre-orders get filled first as fast as I can.

Send me an email if you'd like to pre-order. Borygard at gmail dot com

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would love to know what this blue DMD cover does on a red LED display, Isn't the new batch of Tron going to have the Red LED display? That is what this product from pinbits is made for:

Or orange? Are all the Sterns 2003 - 2008 plasma? How does blue impact the traditional orange?

I'd love to be able to make CSI green...does blue over orange do that? Someone here says it does over the red. Which isn't help me...unless I put both a red AND blue cove over orange....??? Yes, no? Stupid?

#349 7 years ago

The Blue DMD 4-Sure ,, and the 2D Trans is Cool .. I'm Ready 4 mine !!

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Or orange? Are all the Sterns 2003 - 2008 plasma? How does blue impact the traditional orange?
I'd love to be able to make CSI green...does blue over orange do that? Someone here says it does over the red. Which isn't help me...unless I put both a red AND blue cove over orange....??? Yes, no? Stupid?

The cover is only for the newer LED displays and I still do not know what it looks like. It does not work on the older plasma for sure.

I sent an e-mail to pinbits asking for pictures.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside