Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.
#251 7 years ago

If they put the red led you can get the blue pinbits shield for it. If they go with the orange plasma, no Sheild. Doesn't fit. So let's hope it's the led

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If they put the red led you can get the blue pinbits shield for it. If they go with the orange plasma, no Sheild. Doesn't fit. So let's hope it's the led

I don't follow. I don't see a blue DMD shield on their site and I also don't think a blue shield would make a red LED look blue.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I don't follow. I don't see a blue DMD shield on their site and I also don't think a blue shield would make a red LED look blue.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544

I agree, don't think this would make a red or orange dmd look blue.

blue + red = purple
blue + orange = brown

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544
I agree, don't think this would make a red or orange dmd look blue.
red + blue = purpleorange + blue = brown

Thanks for the link. I wonder if anyone has any experience with it. I guess I don't care what kind of display the game has. I just want some Tron action.

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I guess I don't care what kind of display the game has

In the near future they are going to quit making plasma displays.
LED would be better and last longer.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Huh?

#257 7 years ago

My understanding is that this run will be coming with the metal leg protectors as well.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

My understanding is that this run will be coming with the metal leg protectors as well.

Are they going to start including them on the Pro’s? I hope so.
I recently got a AC/DC pro and I was disappointed it did not have them.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Are they going to start including them on the Pro’s? I hope so.
I recently got a AC/DC pro and I was disappointed it did not have them.

You can get them for about 25-30 shipped...

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

You can get them for about 25-30 shipped...

I need to do that I just went with felt protectors for now. I should order a set.
That just does not seem like a LE only feature.

#261 7 years ago

OK, where can preorder the 3rd run of Tron?

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'd like to know as well. If you're a distributor pm me if you have any available. Thanks

#263 7 years ago

trent @ tilt amusements has some of the best prices and best service out there. im guessing he'll have some fo' sho'

Trent

Tilt Amusements
6001 Moore Rd
Delaware, Oh 43015

740-803-2276

Quoted from kwiKimart:

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

If you're a distributor pm me if you have any available.

Nope, not a distributor.

#265 7 years ago

I am hearing Red led dmd as well, Just heard that today. So I'm getting two conflicting stories on that.. I gotta do some more looking into this

#266 7 years ago

I wasnt asking if you were a distributor kwikimart just looking for one same as you

#267 7 years ago

I wasnt asking if you were a distributor kwikimart just looking for one same as you

I know, but if I was a distributor, the PM messages would be CRAZY!!!!!!

#268 7 years ago

Gexchange I sent you another pm

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I am hearing Red led dmd as well, Just heard that today. So I'm getting two conflicting stories on that.. I gotta do some more looking into this

I've seen the red LED in Tron on the machines I played in France last Xmas.

IMO the red really suits the game. Looks more modern, more "futuristic"

I'd be disappointed if my new Tron (from this shipment) doesn't have a red LED in it ....

Dave.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'd be disappointed if my new Tron (from this shipment) doesn't have a red LED in it ....

Dave.

All the overseas Tron’s will have LED display. All the exports have them.

#271 7 years ago

Gexchange I sent you another pm

Should have a reply.. Sorry got a ton of Pm's today and was playing mechanic all day on my one of my toys.

#272 7 years ago

Don't they have orange LED displays? Whatever is fine as long as it works.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Don't they have orange LED displays? Whatever is fine as long as it works.

I'm getting mixed answers on this I will ask again

#274 7 years ago

I'd prefer the orange display simply based on the color scheme of the game, but it's not going to cause me too much grief either way. If it IS red, and a blue filter makes it look purple, that still might fit in with the artwork better.

#275 7 years ago

Pinbits should make a yellow cover to turn the LED DMD colour to orange.

That said I will run out and buy a brand new plasma DMD to trade for an LED one straight up

#276 7 years ago

I like the LED display, just prefer orange on Tron, like herg says. Remember rule #1. There is no red in Tron.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

That said I will run out and buy a brand new plasma DMD to trade for an LED one straight up

There's instructions on how to do this in PinWiki:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Stern_S.A.M._System_Repair#DMD_LED_to_Plasma_conversion

Any idea what all this stuff would cost?

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I like the LED display, just prefer orange on Tron, like herg says. Remember rule #1. There is no red in Tron.

Unless you're Sark or the MCP?

#279 7 years ago

I have Confirmed it will be a red LED Display.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Thanks, JJ.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'd prefer the orange display simply based on the color scheme of the game, but it's not going to cause me too much grief either way. If it IS red, and a blue filter makes it look purple, that still might fit in with the artwork better.

blue filter will make it green not purple. Only paint mixed will give purple NOT light.

#282 7 years ago

Can you confirm the price fixing going on with the new Tron Pro?

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

blue filter will make it green not purple. Only paint mixed will give purple NOT light.

I beg to differ on that. It might look green due to the wavelength of light in the "red" and what the filter will pass, but red and blue light mixed certainly does appear purple. Otherwise, all TV/monitor technology wouldn't work. It is possible that if you had pure red light, and a pure blue filter, nothing in the red wavelength would pass, and you'd end up with black, though.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I beg to differ on that. It might look green due to the wavelength of light in the "red" and what the filter will pass, but red and blue light mixed certainly does appear purple. Otherwise, all TV/monitor technology wouldn't work. It is possible that if you had pure red light, and a pure blue filter, nothing in the red wavelength would pass, and you'd end up with black, though.

Differ away. I'm going on what's on t'interwebs and am happy if it's wrong as it's a shed load cheaper to put a filter in there than a blue DMD.
Cleverest comment recently was why don't they just make white and use any colour filter?

#285 7 years ago

mis-post, sorry!

#286 7 years ago

Well, I guess you could say the game has changed!

.... and what do you call this version - Tron PRO v2?

Quoted from Gexchange:

#287 7 years ago

Ewwww... @ red led display on a predominantly BLUE movie and pin.... That makes me sad.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ewwww... @ red led display on a predominantly BLUE movie and pin.... That makes me sad.

Sell your red display & order a Blue DMD from Xpin....Have one on the way for my LE.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Can you confirm the price fixing going on with the new Tron Pro?

You just confirmed it....Now what are you gonna do about it? Nothing Illegal about it if Stern sets a minimum price allowed to sell their product.

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Sell your red display & order a Blue DMD from Xpin....Have one on the way for my LE.

how much are they?

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

You just confirmed it....Now what are you gonna do about it? Nothing Illegal about it if Stern sets a minimum price allowed to sell their product.

Actually, it could be illegal if they set a minimum price. However, i doubt that is what Stern or any other company mentioned is doing. Usually they accomplish the same result through different methods.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Actually, it would be illegal if they set a minimum price. Distributors/resellers need to be free to set their own prices. However, i doubt that is what Stern or any other company mentioned is doing. Usually they accomplish the same result through different methods.

No its not illegal. ....."Price fixing is permitted in some markets but not others; where allowed, it is often known as resale price maintenance or retail price maintenance."

Thats a direct quote from Wiki on the matter. I really doubt the pinball industry falls under the area of concern for congress on the matter.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

how much are they?

A lil over $300

#294 7 years ago

I saw that the Blue DMD's at XPin have grid lines and also are out of stock. I don't think I would be happy with the noticeable gaps in the display.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

No its not illegal. ....."Price fixing is permitted in some markets but not others; where allowed, it is often known as resale price maintenance or retail price maintenance."
Thats a direct quote from Wiki on the matter. I really doubt the pinball industry falls under the area of concern for congress on the matter.

Wow, wikipedia is your source. It must be right. My source is the Sherman Act and the 2007 US Supreme Court Decision in Leegin Creative Leather Products. If you want a wikipedia article to read, at least read this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resale_price_maintenance

I will concede that it is not ALWAYS illegal, however even legal scholars are not sure where you are and aren't allowed to do it now. So my point is still valid. Most companies, do not blatantly set a minimum price, they use other methods.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Wow, wikipedia is your source. It must be right. My source is the Sherman Act and the 2007 US Supreme Court Decision in Leegin Creative Leather Products. If you want a wikipedia article to read, at least read this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resale_price_maintenance
I will concede that it is not ALWAYS illegal, however even legal scholars are not sure where you are and aren't allowed to do it now. So my point is still valid. Most companies, do not blatantly set a minimum price, they use other methods.

Well sure seemed like a reputable source to me. Anyways I work in a industry that is quite larger then Pinball & its common place for may of the manufactures we buy from to set a minimum retail price we are allowed to sell their product for or risk having our account pulled.

Sure seems like price fixing & its quite legal.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I'm sure that will be the case as every new Stern machine is using the red LED DMD's now. I believe that even later editions of TF are using these now as the TF Pro at GameWorks in Schaumburg/Chicago has a red LED DMD in it. (or maybe the vendor switched it out, but why if not broken?)

BTW - the red display in the TF looks perfectly matched to the game and is much clearer when animation is happening. As I own a TF LE w/ the original orange plasma display, if given a choice I would absolutely go for the red! With Tron, the orange is better suited for the machine IMO, but the clarity of the reds vs. the plasma's is obvious.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

BTW - the red display in the TF looks perfectly matched to the game and is much clearer when animation is happening. As I own a TF LE w/ the original orange plasma display, if given a choice I would absolutely go for the red!

Hm, that's an interesting idea. Maybe I'll see about swapping the plasma display into my new Tron when it arrives and put the red LED display into TF-LE.

#299 7 years ago

People wanted a Blue DMD. Pinbits makes a BLUE Shield for Stern LED DMD's. Not sure how it will look but they do make one. That same shield won't fit the plasma DMD.

#300 7 years ago

Changing out dmd's to a different color just seems like a waste of money to me personally. But to each his own.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside