IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Blank coin door or single chute door, flat translite, think Costco version. God, I hope not! Only $4500 for a stripped down version! These will go fast! :p
Software will be Pro version.
Was informed by known insider, but my informant is not in the George Gomez circle...yet.

I don't think a flat coin door, not
Route friendly. Single shoot may be possible but I hadnt heard the coin door was different. It's plausible the toys may be a bit different (cycles).

#152 11 years ago

I Hope the the Coin door lOoks like the 2011 Version . Single coin slot ( BS ) And decal's , No Problem for me .. I'm Just Happy to be 1 of the 100 . I played Rawleigh D's LE , and I've played the Pro ,, both are Great Pin's . I'll mod & Bling the Pro out myself ..

Tron_Pro_2011_cab-.jpgTron_Pro_2011_cab-.jpg

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Why not order from another distributor and have it shipped... No tax if out of state...

So many of my questions left unanswered to give you an answer to your question. LOL!

#154 11 years ago

Just make sure you sell it to me when it goes out the door, BR.

#155 11 years ago

Just make sure you sell it to me when it goes out the door, BR.

AC/DC lasted 1- mth ,, Just Keep Yr eYe's Open , Ya Never know w/ me !! ,, ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#156 11 years ago
Quoted from mccoy2797:

Ok, noob questions. Can we only get Stern pins from a "distributor", or can we get them from Stern alone?
Is a distributor a retailer? If so, I'm boned. The retailer here in Tulsa is selling the new X-Men Magneto for over 10K.
If a distributor is not a retailer, what is a distributor?
Thank you.
Long live pinball.

Let me see If I can Answer this for you..

A Distributor is a seller of pinballs but dosn't have to be a retailer.. but most of the time is. Stern Only Sells through Authorized Distributors like ford only sells through Car Dealers.. Distributors are Pinball dealers.
10k For a Magneto is very high. I am a Distributor for Stern feel free to PM me for pricing.. Most of my pricing is below Sterns Min Price so I can't post it publicly.

#157 11 years ago

I'm in! I actually like the new translight and can't wait to get mine and start modding the hell out of it!

And this will be my 2nd NIB purchase (so far) from JJ...great guy!

#158 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If you can find one sure you could. I'm betting some guys will sell there 3d and swap to the 2d as its pretty cool looking.

FS: 3D Tron Translite... $600

#159 11 years ago

Nice pb custom...only reason I would actually like to find a 3d for my new 2d machine is because of the backbox led kit. Not worth $600 to me though

Cant wait for my second NIB this year...who knows maybe a third!

#160 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Cant wait for my second NIB this year..

Same Here . It's takes about 3 week's for that NIB smell to Slowly dissipate

#161 11 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

since only 100 of these trons are gonna be made..... do you guys think its gonna be hard to find this version translite? or will stern make a ton of them?

Stern will likely make many extra.. the cost difference between 100pcs and 500pcs is minimal.

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Nice pb custom...only reason I would actually like to find a 3d for my new 2d machine is because of the backbox led kit. Not worth $600 to me though

lol it was more a prediction really.. I wouldn't sell mine personally, but I'm sure others will.. and for stupid cash.

#163 11 years ago

And you didn't get Portal? Come on man.....
SoS was lit at the scoop and most inserts were solid, too....I flubbed it!!!

the real prob is NOT to get the portal, but to fully finish it !

#164 11 years ago

I only see the Dude once on the new translite. Ergo, two Dudes translite is better.

The 3D translite really brings the pin together.

#165 11 years ago

I don't understand. If Stern has a popular machine and can sell 100 in a day...why not make 500 or more? Why does there have to be a limit. If he can sell 2,000...why not make em'?

#166 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't understand. If Stern has a popular machine and can sell 100 in a day...why not make 500 or more? Why does there have to be a limit. If he can sell 2,000...why not make em'?

Could be parts. Could be an upcoming 3 or 4 day empty block in the schedule they needed to fill. I was told that the yellow Clu light cycle could not be sourced, so we will get the orange Sentry light cycle. Since the last run came with the 4 wheel light runner and Clu's cycle, I assume this run will have the light runner and the orange cycle. Most don't care as they will add the hallmark cycles anyway.

#167 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, no joke. Retailers knew the demand was there but apparently Stern didn't.

#168 11 years ago

I think in a way for every Tron from the new run that Stern sells they probably figure it will take
away from the sales of the pins released after it. I agree spfxted, it doesn't make much sense.

I know when I bought my Tron several months ago, the salesmen at the distributor I deal with
tried really hard to steer me away from Tron and onto one of the Transformers LE's that they had
there. While I was there playing Tron he asked me several times if I'd put in any time on TFLE and
told me he could give me a really good price on one.

#169 11 years ago

So you are saying they had toys made and cannot get them made again?

#170 11 years ago

they used off the shelf toys from Spinmaster. They've been out of production for a LONG time....

#171 11 years ago

I heard that Stern had 100 p/f's left over ,, this Could be the Reason .. Could be Just Hear say .

#172 11 years ago

Well hopefully they do another run sometime next year, then I can probably jump on one.

#173 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

they used off the shelf toys from Spinmaster. They've been out of production for a LONG time....

ACtually, I see now how this has screwed us all out of more Trons... I can live with a Tron machine without all the toys, except one:

The recognizer. And oh yeah, it was made by Spinmaster too. WE'RE SCREWED!!

#174 11 years ago

Yeah, RJW, I understand. I just can't see throwing away business. If you can sell 500 of these suckers...find a way!

#175 11 years ago

What if they make 500 more Pro's, and only sell 120?

Would you, as a business, make more product and not sell some (take a loss), or make less product and sell them all (make a profit)?

#176 11 years ago

That's why you take pre-orders. You make what you need.

#177 11 years ago

I agree spfxted, why throw away sales? If this 100 sold out to distributors in a day, I'm sure 500
wouldn't take much longer than a week to move.

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's why you take pre-orders. You make what you need.

I think what you're saying is the model JJP is using. Sell as many of one pin as you can until demand dries up. Then move on. Stern seems to plan 3 or 4 machines a year.

It's going to be interesting to see which strategy is most effective.

#179 11 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I'm sure 500

Would you, as a business, make a large $$$ investment on that?

#180 11 years ago

I like the never say never model Stern uses. I was way late to Tron, but am happy they are running more, so I can grab one. My Simpsons was from the 3rd run (glad they kept revisiting that title).

#181 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Let me see If I can Answer this for you..
A Distributor is a seller of pinballs but dosn't have to be a retailer.. but most of the time is. Stern Only Sells through Authorized Distributors like ford only sells through Car Dealers.. Distributors are Pinball dealers.10k For a Magneto is very high. I am a Distributor for Stern feel free to PM me for pricing.. Most of my pricing is below Sterns Min Price so I can't post it publicly.

Thank you.

#182 11 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I agree spfxted, why throw away sales? If this 100 sold out to distributors in a day, I'm sure 500

But how long would they take to make? And how far would it push back their next machine? I'm not sure Stern is set up to run like a boutique. They have a schedule to keep. But if demand stays high I wouldn't be surprised to see them run more down the road when time opens up.

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, no joke. Retailers knew the demand was there but apparently Stern didn't.

It's a gamble for Stern.. they kinda roll the dice with every title. Look at Transformers.. rumour has it they've still got plenty of them on their warehouse floor, and that they haven't even produced all of the LE games yet (and possibly never will). Transformers was a sure-fire theme, but a flop of a game.. whether you like the game or not, the numbers don't lie.

#184 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The recognizer. And oh yeah, it was made by Spinmaster too. WE'RE SCREWED!!

You can blame it on the fact that they're Canadian if it makes you feel any better They were probably all stoned on the production lines..

#185 11 years ago

Oh, I know they were hammered on the production of those toys. Look at all the factory errors in that toy line. It's crazy. I've got boxed toys with misprints on them from the Tron line, the whole Castor/Zuse thing, etc etc.

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

But how long would they take to make?

I *THINK* I recall hearing they try to move ~30 games out the door per day, but don't quote me on that.

#187 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Would you, as a business, make a large $$$ investment on that?

Betting on making money in the pinball industry, not a chance.

I also understand that they have a schedule to keep with new games etc. but I find it hard to believe
that their factory is running at full capacity and they couldn't sneak a few extra runs of Tron in.
It's basically the same factory that used to pump out considerably more units back in the DE and
SEGA days.

After all, a large portion of the cost of a game has to come from design and development, I can't
see how running more units (if the factory has the capability) wouldn't be cost effective.

I guess if producing and selling more Trons comes at the expensive of selling a new title then it
doesn't make much sense. This is assuming that the guy that misses out on Tron is gonna run out
and buy an X-Men, ACDC, Avengers etc. Unfortunately there is no real way of knowing the
answer to that question.

#188 11 years ago

Got mine. Thanks JJ

#189 11 years ago

Does anyone know the production run up to now? Just wonder how diluted the population will get with the extra 100?
Al

#190 11 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Unfortunately there is no real way of knowing the
answer to that question.

And therein lies the rub.

If they did end up making 300 Trons, and only 103 collectors really had to have them, they just boned themselves.

Tron is not making anymore money on route than any other game. He is selling this run to collectors. No one knows how many more people want a Tron. And really, if you really, really wanted one, I'm sure there are a few guys who would part with theirs. Money talks.

#191 11 years ago

Not a fan of either backglass designs. Who wants to see a bunch of dudes?

Someone please make a nice looking translite with just the girls. Count me in for $100. What happened to pinball backglass art? Need more hot women.

#192 11 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Does anyone know the production run up to now? Just wonder how diluted the population will get with the extra 100?
Al

I think someone said ½ were going overseas.

#193 11 years ago

Is the new batch with plastic apron and pegs?

#194 11 years ago

Pro always had that

#195 11 years ago

Not a fan of either backglass designs. Who wants to see a bunch of dudes?
Someone please make a nice looking translite with just the girls. Count me in for $100. What happened to pinball backglass art? Need more hot women.

Tron-Playboy-12.jpgTron-Playboy-12.jpg

#196 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

It's a gamble for Stern.. they kinda roll the dice with every title. Look at Transformers.. rumour has it they've still got plenty of them on their warehouse floor, and that they haven't even produced all of the LE games yet (and possibly never will). Transformers was a sure-fire theme, but a flop of a game.. whether you like the game or not, the numbers don't lie.

Couldn't be said any better. Although there are a few here that would argue that "fact".

#197 11 years ago

Lets hope the PF's are not 2nd's I have full light cycles if people want them. about 20 of each. The toys they sold in stores. I believe they are the same as Hallmark. they light up have noise etc. Airbrakes extended out. I got them super cheap but looks like they can still be had online for cheap

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=tron+light+cycle&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS492US492&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D14&um=1&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1857&bih=1019&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5790946365117741068&sa=X&ei=pcFQUO-tFZDW8gTW9ICIDQ&ved=0CGEQ8wIwAQ

#198 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I believe they are the same as Hallmark.

Stern and Hallmark light cycles are different- just to be clear.

#199 11 years ago

Being a "flop" commercially doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game, and commercial success is a much easier thing to measure.

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern and Hallmark light cycles are different- just to be clear.

I was comparing to what i have and Hallmark What i have is what i linked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.