IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.
#102 11 years ago

Its a actor collage that dates the machine....... No need to hype the sh*t translite for sales. Per a person at Stern there all sold out as of 3:52pm cst.

Post edited by SealClubber : Language

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Its a actor collage that dates the machine....... No need to hype the shit translite for sales. Per a person at Stern there all sold out as of 3:52pm cst.

That is actually a pretty cool translight for an actor collage. I like it!

#104 11 years ago

It would be nice if Stern threw new buyers a bone and gave them something extra. If it's the same as previous Pros but with a 2d translite then I don't see the point from a buyer's perspective. Plenty of Pros have been on the market the past few weeks either NIB or nicely modded.

#105 11 years ago

Ha! They will be gone lickity split. This is one you must own. Believe it or not it's stil an awesome game. Even with a 2d translite it still will play the same ; )

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I think the new Translight looks awesome Its up on there facebook page!

Agreed! i'm gonna grab one for my Tron and swap the 3D one out.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Not sure but, its only 25th on your list putting you in the sandbagger group. Perhaps you were being sarcastic.

I was.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Agreed! i'm gonna grab one for my Tron and swap the 3D one out.

Yah, that new translite looks pretty pimp. I don't see how you can be too disappointed with it.

#109 11 years ago

From Gary:

Subject: Tron Pro

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

In early October we will make approximately 100 more Tron Pro pinball machines.  These will be the same game as before, with a few exceptions.  The cabinet art will be decals.  The games will have a 2 dimensional  backglass with different, new art.  The backglass art is attached for you to view.

Please let me know right away if you want any Tron.  These games will be gone fast.  We ask that you take shipment as the games are built.

Best regards

Gary

Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.

#110 11 years ago

I'm sorry but that translite looks like shit, that's the value of the 3D translite up in my eyes. Great to have more trons produced for more people to own the game and play it and even get that nib expericene but that translite just looks crappy to me.

#111 11 years ago

I for one would rather have the original 3D backglass, but hey, if I can get a Pro at a sweet price due to the re-run, I'm all over it!

#112 11 years ago

This should lower the price RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

#113 11 years ago

The translights were both made back in the day. There is nothing "new" about it. One was to be for the pro and the other was to be for the LE. Problem was they needed to start shipping games and Disney, which takes their own sweet ass time to approve things, couldn't get the other art approved. In the end, all Trons shipped with the same Translight.

#114 11 years ago

How much is this bad boy going to run us??? Kind of sucks that certain distributors were trying to fire sell them last week for decent prices on here...............They knew what was coming. Depending on the prices of this run, they could have f'cked some people who bought.

#115 11 years ago

Right and the 3d unit was supposed to be 230 bucks STERNS cost. It also seems like there plugging the line because avengers is delayed. Wonder how many dealers will sell these at low prices like original or hell even xmen pro price of 4400 shipped.

Gary has said time and time again and the distros know this....The pro cannot go up anymore than it is. Now he is not talking about what the distros sell them for rather what he sells them to distros for.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

all Trons shipped with the same Translight.

Wow I am sure glad this happened

#117 11 years ago

I am excited 100 more people with get to experience TRON PRO. I am even more excited that there are 100 more people that could experience Elis color changing ramps. Best mod EVER!

#118 11 years ago

I'd only get a Tron with lit ramps and the full code ie the LE....otherwise I'd just feel like I had a game that was 2nd best....

The lit ramps alone make the game IMO...and yes I know you can "try" and do aftermarket lit ramps, but it's not the same...

If they did a PRO, with the LE code, and lit ramps..I'd be first in line...

#119 11 years ago

Sorry you'll never see lit ramps on a PRO from Stern. They must protect their LE customers. If you want fiber optic lit ramps on a PRO you'll have to go aftermarket.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'd only get a Tron with lit ramps and the full code ie the LE....otherwise I'd just feel like I had a game that was 2nd best....
The lit ramps alone make the game IMO...and yes I know you can "try" and do aftermarket lit ramps, but it's not the same...
If they did a PRO, with the LE code, and lit ramps..I'd be first in line...

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I for one would rather have the original 3D backglass, but hey, if I can get a Pro at a sweet price due to the re-run, I'm all over it!

+1. But will like to get the new one to frame for wall art like i did on SM.

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

This should lower the price RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Did the opposite on re-runs of SM and BDK. If they ran a lot it probably would but 100 is not that many.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sorry you'll never see lit ramps on a PRO from Stern. They must protect their LE customers. If you want fiber optic lit ramps on a PRO you'll have to go aftermarket.

Yep, and that's why I'm out

My buddy owns the LE in town, so I still get to play it alot, but it'd look nicer in my own basement haha

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

The translights were both made back in the day. There is nothing "new" about it. One was to be for the pro and the other was to be for the LE. Problem was they needed to start shipping games and Disney, which takes their own sweet ass time to approve things, couldn't get the other art approved. In the end, all Trons shipped with the same Translight.

For a minute I actually thought Gary had listened to a comment I made him a few years ago. At the time it was about rerunning POTC with a new translite when the 4th movie came out. But he didn't want to do that because it would cost too much (doing an alternative translite that is). Then I read your comment, which explains a lot...

#124 11 years ago

NFW, this is great news

#125 11 years ago

I think you are missing out.
Eli’s Game controlled Fiber ramps

IMG_0042.jpgIMG_0042.jpg TronMB.JPGTronMB.JPG

#126 11 years ago

Those ramps do look nice!

Do they act the EXACT same way the LE ones do based on modes etc??

#127 11 years ago

I tried telling everyone a few days ago they were doing another Tron run but most doubted me

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-next-production-run#post-394053

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

For a minute I actually thought Gary had listened to a comment I made him a few years ago. At the time it was about rerunning POTC with a new translite when the 4th movie came out. But he didn't want to do that because it would cost too much. Then I read your comment, which explains a lot...

I talked to Borg about this Tron translight issue for a while back when they were made. Disney just came back too late with approving it. You honestly think stern would have new art drawn up, then sent for approval, just to run 100 more games? I think not. LOL.

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Those ramps do look nice!

Do they act the EXACT same way the LE ones do based on modes etc??

Thanks I really like them! (Thanks Eli)

They will not be exactly the same right now they are blue and orange for light cycle MB.
You can customize the colors to your liking.

Eli’s new interface boards are coming this week or next week. The current board the beta testers have now works but it is just not fast enough at certain times. The new one will have a buffer to be able to keep up.
Eli's post.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

From Gary:
Subject: Tron Pro

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

In early October we will make approximately 100 more Tron Pro pinball machines.  These will be the same game as before, with a few exceptions.  The cabinet art will be decals.  The games will have a 2 dimensional  backglass with different, new art.  The backglass art is attached for you to view.

You could just put a NOS 3D translite in if so desired, correct?

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from kdhunter:

You could just put a NOS 3D translite in if so desired, correct?

If you can find one sure you could. I'm betting some guys will sell there 3d and swap to the 2d as its pretty cool looking.

#132 11 years ago

Hmmm, didn't Stern give out a bunch of signed 3D translites during the launch (gifts, prizes, etc)? Looks like the price of those just went up!

#133 11 years ago

So, what is the price point for these? Is it cheaper than the $5200-$5400 that's been popping up for NIBs?

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

So, what is the price point for these? Is it cheaper than the $5200-$5400 that's been popping up for NIBs?

Less.. I sent you PM.

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

BEST POST EVER ON STERNS FB!!!!!
Sean Lind: I would be excited, if I could believe for a second you wouldn't find a way to be as cheap as possible and completely ruin a re-release. At what point did you decide quality no longer mattered to your customers?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

CLASSIC!

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

I think you are missing out.
Eli’s Game controlled Fiber ramps

Nice pics Mark
Can't wait for the updated board.

#137 11 years ago

/me fail @ Tron.

/me go jump off a bridge. ¬_¬

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

You honestly think stern would have new art drawn up, then sent for approval, just to run 100 more games? I think not. LOL.

No, but I do see the potential of reviving an 'old' game with a new translite and new software. Basically you could give an existing game a second life. Sure that may not be what Stern wants, but I can see operators being interested. Home users as well. You would then just buy a new art package with a software update. But that's probably financially not very interesting for Stern. Still I wonder how many people will order such a Tron translite (if they are available). There should be some sort of a market for that...

#139 11 years ago

i bet they sell for msrp of 4795

#140 11 years ago

i really like the new translite. i am mos def gonna pick one of these up for my le.

since only 100 of these trons are gonna be made..... do you guys think its gonna be hard to find this version translite? or will stern make a ton of them?

ok.... here is my new name for this run of trons........ TRON LO PRO

#141 11 years ago

50/50

50 US 50 Europe...snatch them up fast boys....I did

#142 11 years ago

tron391627_10151148257754244_730825401.jpgtron391627_10151148257754244_730825401.jpg tronbackglass-1.jpgtronbackglass-1.jpg

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Hmmm, didn't Stern give out a bunch of signed 3D translites during the launch (gifts, prizes, etc)? Looks like the price of those just went up!

True, (but I would Not say there were a bunch given away)
I bought the one that was given out to the winner of the Tron Seattle launch party and had it shipped. Just to have an extra, and possibly light frame it.

I wasnt planning on selling it, but you could never say never.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

#144 11 years ago

Still like the original. The whole big centred headshot with others in behind thing has been done to death on so many pins. Besides, what would I do with my animated FF backboard kit?

Besides, the 3D effect is probably one of my favorite parts of the entire art package. Flat art is so last Tuesday

#145 11 years ago

What's the estimate for number of trons produced?

#146 11 years ago

I said when everyone was claiming them to be worth a mint that if there was enough money in it, Stern would definitely do another run. They reran LOTR years after the initial release because of that.

If there is enough money in it, licensing and parts can always be overcome. Generally, the later releases are more expensive and also relatively cost cut... but that makes sense again - if you order 1,000 parts versus 100 parts, your part cost is going to be WAY higher on the smaller run.

They don't do smaller runs to break even, they do them because they know they can make some easy money on them. I don't oppose this at all -- in fact, I kind of like it. I have a NIB Tron in storage right now - waiting for space to put it, probably in about 6 months - and this will make me not feel nearly as guilty about opening it up when the time comes

I wonder if you'll be able to buy the 2D translites. I wouldn't replace it - I like the 3D one much better - but it would be neat to put on the wall beside it, and it's still pretty darn good.

#147 11 years ago

I just ordered one. I have a feeling all 100 are going to be us only. If they come with a standard dmd which I suspect they will they can't be sent to europe. I won't say exactly what I paid but call JJ. < 5k shipped.

#148 11 years ago

Blank coin door or single chute door, flat translite, think Costco version. God, I hope not! Only $4500 for a stripped down version! These will go fast! :p
Software will be Pro version.
Was informed by known insider, but my informant is not in the George Gomez circle...yet.

#149 11 years ago

Ok, noob questions. Can we only get Stern pins from a "distributor", or can we get them from Stern alone?

Is a distributor a retailer? If so, I'm boned. The retailer here in Tulsa is selling the new X-Men Magneto for over 10K.

If a distributor is not a retailer, what is a distributor?

Thank you.

Long live pinball.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from mccoy2797:

Ok, noob questions. Can we only get Stern pins from a "distributor", or can we get them from Stern alone?
Is a distributor a retailer? If so, I'm boned. The retailer here in Tulsa is selling the new X-Men Magneto for over 10K.
If a distributor is not a retailer, what is a distributor?
Thank you.
Long live pinball.

Why not order from another distributor and have it shipped... No tax if out of state...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.