Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's just a part of LED dmd's unfortunately. Since it's a grid of blocks, even small things out of a very tight tolerance will lead to misalignment of the dot grid and leave gaps like this. You could contact Stern or your distrib and see if they feel like replacing it, but it shouldn't change over time.
The only reason I'd be concerned is that you said it didn't look like that at first....not sure what would cause the blocks to move. I'd personally go out on a limb and chalk it up to "ignorance by virtue of exitement" . I'd bet it was there all along and you just got a chance to notice it.

Your right when your unboxing and excited small things don't jump out at you, just checked unboxing video and it was there when first turned on(I know sad I videoed unboxing lol) so if they don't get worse I can live with it thanks guys for help.

#1102 6 years ago

Anyone fixed there loud spinning disk yet? Annoying as sin, almost ruining this game for me.

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

This little red line appeared under the 88 after 50 games what is it? Do I need to worry?

This could also be light from the back box getting in the gap between display and black cover it has on it. Easy to test that theory out just take off back glass then put hand over gap between cover & display in that area (on top and to the side) and see if it eliminates the line. If it does then simply put some tape down near the edge of cover in that area and problem is solved. I had a similar line at top of my display and these steps eliminated it. May not be in your case but easy enough to try it out.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Anyone fixed there loud spinning disk yet? Annoying as sin, almost ruining this game for me.

Run the sound at 36-40 and you won't notice the noise at all.

#1105 6 years ago

The spinning disc on mine quieted down considerably after a few hundred games. I honestly dont even think about it unless I happen to have it powered up with the glass off.

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

The spinning disc on mine quieted down considerably after a few hundred games. I honestly dont even think about it unless I happen to have it powered up with the glass off.

I would say the same thing, my drove me nuts in the beginning but now I don't notice it much at all. Maybe I'm just used to it or maybe it's because of the amazing sound from the FF system, either way, it's something that used to bug me but not anymore.

#1107 6 years ago

Anyone own an oscilloscope? I spoke with Stern on a sound issue and they're suggesting we swap the CPU board, but I'd like to compare notes against other Tron owners (or any other SAM based pin)

TJWkv.jpg

This is power on state during attract. I would expect a flat wave or fairly close, but I'm getting this, straight off the board.

#1108 6 years ago

I have a scope and a Tron, but it will be weekend before I'll have time to measure anything.

#1109 6 years ago

When it rains...

Now getting a service alert on switch 22. Did the trough test and the switch never lights, so I'll have to dig in there next.

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from FireSlash:

When it rains...
Now getting a service alert on switch 22. Did the trough test and the switch never lights, so I'll have to dig in there next.

Oh man, Sorry FireSlash!
I used their tech support and they were great. Have you gone that route yet?

#1111 6 years ago

Your measurement, sir. Notice that I'm set to 200 mV/div, though, so unless you have a x10 probe and x1 on your scope, mine is way worse than yours. I can't hear any noise coming from the speaker until I get about a foot away from it.

audio.JPG

#1112 6 years ago

Well, my Tron has been home since Wed. I have been playing the ever loving life out of it since I got it set up late Wed night. First impressions, it's really loud in general, never really thought a pin would make so much noise.(Not sure why it never occured to me...) My disc motor is loud, but does seem to be getting quiter by the game. The game is great. Amazing what a difference playing a new machine is compared to the one I was playing on route(that has over 10,000 plays on it.)

Game is super fast, and so much fun at this point. Have had people over almost every night since we got it. Good times all around. Couple of my buddies thought I was nuts spending that kinda $$ on a pinball machine. By the end of the night, they both understood why I bought it. And where both thinking they would like to get a pin in the future.

Going to buy some cliffy's and been reading up on LED's and thinking I'm going to order some up. Also need something to clean it with. Have all the black marks that everyone has mentioned. High score so far is a paultry $65 million. I cant count how many times I have said, just one more game, in the last 5 days. As a first pin, and a NIB at that, it's been an awesome first 5 days with my new machine.

Think I'm going to go have a quick game right now!!

#1113 6 years ago

When I first got my NIB I couldn't here the disc motor but after 100 games I can now hear it so mines getting louder the more I play it wtf, as I have the volume on 35 the music over powers it so I'm ok with it.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

When I first got my NIB I couldn't here the disc motor but after 100 games I can now hear it so mines getting louder the more I play it wtf, as I have the volume on 35 the music over powers it so I'm ok with it.

This reminds me of my first car in high school. The longer I owned it the more noises it would make. To battle that I would just turn up the radio

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

This reminds me of my first car in high school. The longer I owned it the more noises it would make. To battle that I was just turn up the radio

Me to I had a similar car lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside