Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Hey BR, I have been following your Bragn thread and I ended up buying a bunch of the items on the list. I have a question though, I think the stock speakers sound pretty damn good, do the FF speakers really make much of an improvement? Does it go to 11?

The Stock Speaker's SUCK ,, Compared to Flipper Fidelity's Kit .. Most of the Sound comes from the Cab- Stock ,, FF's -- Oh Man,,, Major Difference for what Lil- they cost .. You Need to do it !!!!

#1052 6 years ago

I have speaker upgrades in 2 other machines and they sound great. I'll take your word and go for the FF upgrade. Thanks!
Cheers,
Brad

#1053 6 years ago

Mine is slated to arrive today. Truck should be here in the next 2h or so assuming it doesn't get delayed or rescheduled!

Now we'll see if I ever play my poor Flash Gordon again

#1054 6 years ago

aaand driver's truck broke down, rescheduled for tomorrow.

#1055 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that FireSlash! Hopefully you will be playing it by this time tomorrow.

#1056 6 years ago

How much for the FF upgrade?

#1057 6 years ago

Got my tron set up and running. Everything's OK so far except the disc motor is really loud, it sounds like it might be off balance but I don't have any thing to reference it against.

So quick poll: How loud is your disc motor and can you feel it spinning in the cabinet?

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from FireSlash:

So quick poll: How loud is your disc motor and can you feel it spinning in the cabinet?

w/ the glass in ,, Barely ,, w/ the glass out ,, Yes . That's a good sized motor turning it ..

#1059 6 years ago

It's pretty loud in a home environment. The only time we have NOT noticed it was when we had our launch party with about 8 people, three pins going, and a megatouch and kids in the background.

And my god, after playing Tron in the arcade, it's great to remember just how crazy fast and all the oddball directions the ball can go out of that thing.

#1060 6 years ago

If my sound is turned way down, I can hear it. Can't feel it though

#1061 6 years ago

Mine is pretty loud.. and I also can feel the vibration.. I too think that it could probably be balanced.. but it is fine for now.

#1062 6 years ago

I didn't hear mine until I had turned the volume down. With the glass off.... I hear it for sure. The vibration isn't consistant...... but not a huge distraction, yet.

#1063 6 years ago

I took the plung, Tron will be my first pin. Wire transfer has been sent to JJ at Gexchange. Now I must learn to patiently WAIT........ for my machine to arrive. This is going to be a long sleepless wait! =)

Cant wait to get it home, and start playing! Woo hoooo!!!!

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I took the plung, Tron will be my first pin. Wire transfer has been sent to JJ at Gexchange. Now I must learn to patiently WAIT........ for my machine to arrive. This is going to be a long sleepless wait! =)
Cant wait to get it home, and start playing! Woo hoooo!!!!

Man, you must've gotten the LAST one, lol. Nice!

#1065 6 years ago

I got mine Sat from a fellow pinhead (BigLaw) who was lucky enough to find a dist wanting to take his money for a reasonable price. I could never find the same deal, but because of him I now have the coveted Tron Pro from the Nov run. I fear the same thing is happening to me on Avengers LE as we have played phone tag the last few days but I am holding out hope I dont get left behind again and orders dont get cut. Lots of mods to work on this week before the LE ships to CA. Can someone make the recoginzer motor mod, didnt realize Pro didnt have one

IMG_4613.JPG IMG_4614.JPG IMG_4578.JPG IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4611.JPG IMG_4603.JPG

#1066 6 years ago

Buddy I have not seen a moving recognizer mod. I think the rest of folks have decided lighting it up is good enough. The Orange Pinbit protector with the light on it is very cool. Hemi has some nice flashing mods.
Smart move causing out on the LE and going PRO it just makes sense.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man, you must've gotten the LAST one, lol. Nice!

It was!

#1068 6 years ago

Is anyone selling prewired light cycle kits?

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Buddy I have not seen a moving recognizer mod. I think the rest of folks have decided lighting it up is good enough. The Orange Pinbit protector with the light on it is very cool. Hemi has some nice flashing mods.

I am going to meet Hemi in the future and get some, talked with him last night, he so excited me with his enthauism and skills cant wait to see in person.

#1070 6 years ago

Where are you guys finding these amazing deals for the Tron Pros?

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

I took the plung, Tron will be my first pin. Wire transfer has been sent to JJ at Gexchange.

Nice to see that it worked out, JJ is a great guy to deal with. Bet you can't wait for it to arrive!

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

A guy had a thread on it recently

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Nice to see that it worked out, JJ is a great guy

Plus 1000. The guy to buy Stern from without a doubt!!

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I just find I enjoy playing some other pins way more but didnt want to give up on Tron all together so Pro was the best choice for me. Your look sweet and that Spiderman looks great with mirrors, just wow!

#1075 6 years ago

Well my Tron from the first batch of re-runs have finally made it to Australia can't wait to open it.

image.jpg

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Got mine from HOOKED, they look great!

#1077 6 years ago

Mine was made on Nov 14th and arrived about a week later. I do have the very loud rinzler spinning disc and hope I can modify it to be quiter with a fiber washer. Hopefully it will work similar to my x-men disc. Really don't think I should be able to hear it over the music when its up but I do, bummer.

Really enjoying it so far and one of my favorites. A keeper if I ever had one. Hope it stays.

#1078 6 years ago

Mine Tron is in transit. What is this washer mod to quite down the recognizer? Hoping I wont have to do it, but it seems probable.....

#1079 6 years ago

I'd be interested in whether there are options to quiet the disk as well. Mine doesn't really bother me that much, but it's loud enough that I'd put it on my list of projects if there was something to quiet it.

#1080 6 years ago

I ordered Tron Pro (my first NIB pin) from BMI 4 weeks back and their invoice indicated the FOB point to be “manufacture”. They’re still taking orders on their site (http://www.bmigaming.com/games-pinball-new.htm) so evidently some still remain at Stern today.

Side note: Still waiting for delivery to be scheduled. Long shipping times to the Washington State and apparently you have to be smart and *ask* BMI to provide shipment tracking information or none is provided. …If I buy a $5 item on ebay the seller provides me tracking info by defau… Okay I won’t start that war here. I’ll be patient.

I’ll post the serial number when it comes… And check for a loud disk motor.

#1081 6 years ago

Just got my tron in yesterday.. Installed blue dmd , LEDs and Undercab lighting so far looks great. Only concern is a dimple or small indent like the nose of a screw made just next to the left slingshot.. Just annoys me to look at lol

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Just got my tron in yesterday.. Installed blue dmd , LEDs and Undercab lighting so far looks great. Only concern is a dimple or small indent like the nose of a screw made just next to the left slingshot.. Just annoys me to look at lol

There never 100% are they? But congrats and enjoy

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from Sgtmax:

Where did you buy your blue DMD from?

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Where did you buy your blue DMD from?

If you’re curious who has them for sale, I just found one here: http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Tron_Page.html#

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from ryguy:

If you’re curious who has them for sale, I just found one here: http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/Tron_Page.html#

Holy crap $599.99 for a blue DMD! I know Ive seen them someplace in the $300 range. I did like the Recognizer & Zuse target decals. I may have to order thoes.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Holy crap $599.99 for a blue DMD! I know Ive seen them someplace in the $300 range. I did like the Recognizer & Zuse target decals. I may have to order thoes.

X-Pin. Check their site.

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Holy crap $599.99 for a blue DMD!

Highway robbery.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

X-Pin. Check their site.

Last time I looked they were sold out.

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Last time I looked they were sold out.

Yep, but if you want one at anything approaching reasonable.... gotta keep an eye on it. If you email Brett, he may be able to tell you when more are coming in. If I had known you were looking for one, there was a stupid-good deal locally on one a few days ago... =P

#1090 6 years ago

Drop a line to Borygard for a Blue DMD. He might still have some laying around.

#1091 6 years ago

I got mine from k'sarcade I'm pretty sure they get them from xpin. Only problem is blue dmd isn't as sharp or clear as red one in my acdc almost like its a bit weak any ideas?

#1092 6 years ago

This little red line appeared under the 88 after 50 games what is it? Do I need to worry?

image.jpg

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

This little red line appeared under the 88 after 50 games what is it? Do I need to worry?

I'd suggest you call your distributer. That shouldn't be there...as you have guessed.

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

Pretty much try to hit Quorra whenever the ball is on the right flipper.

I only aim for Quorra when coming off hitting another ramp shot; I find the extra ball speed helps to hit her for some reason.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I only aim for Quorra when coming off hitting another ramp shot; I find the extra ball speed helps to hit her for some reason.

She likes it fast.

#1096 6 years ago

The red line is because there's a gap between the blocks and you're seeing the red light reflected around, into the gap, and back out. If you look under the '870' and the 8 there, you can see something similar. I would guess it's pretty noticeable but that's a pretty close up pic there...is it that bad from playing perspective?

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The red line is because there's a gap between the blocks and you're seeing the red light reflected around, into the gap, and back out. If you look under the '870' and the 8 there, you can see something similar. I would guess it's pretty noticeable but that's a pretty close up pic there...is it that bad from playing perspective?

You can see it while playing and it's not really that noticible but I'm worried its a problem that will get worse am I right or will it stay like it is now? My acdc doesnt have it at all ..

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

This is not a display issue, per say. You can see that one LED grid is slightly more protruding and the red light is bouncing from the display lens back to the top of that grid. It won't get worse, I wouldn't think, but it seems like it should have always been there unless that grid is loose on the board. I'd bet you can't see it if viewing from below that point of view.

#1099 6 years ago

It's just a part of LED dmd's unfortunately. Since it's a grid of blocks, even small things out of a very tight tolerance will lead to misalignment of the dot grid and leave gaps like this. You could contact Stern or your distrib and see if they feel like replacing it, but it shouldn't change over time.

The only reason I'd be concerned is that you said it didn't look like that at first....not sure what would cause the blocks to move. I'd personally go out on a limb and chalk it up to "ignorance by virtue of exitement" . I'd bet it was there all along and you just got a chance to notice it.

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'd bet it was there all along and you just got a chance to notice it.

+1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside