Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Awesome! its a great game... let my LE go a little too soon but always said a pro would be the game to have!
The Flipout tournament set up is a little tough, but makes it a challenge. Nice that I have some real high scores to try to beat a least

So, was it yours in the tourney with the new software? If so, we need to talk.

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

The Flipout tournament set up is a little tough, but makes it a challenge. Nice that I have some real high scores to try to beat a least

Hopefully you put rubbers back on those mean outlane posts

#903 6 years ago

Got mine tonight. YES!!! Only had one tiny nick in the front decal near the coindoor. These are assembled by humans, so things happen. Having a hell of a time getting the side ramp cliffy protector on, or rather getting the screws out, so I can attach it where the swith is mounted. Dang nuts underneath are impossible to grab with the tools I have handy. Got all other cliffy's installed. More playing is in order.

#904 6 years ago

Serial number is 237233 for that list that was floating around if anyone still cares. Mfgr date Oct 2nd. Big shout out to Jason Cain (not sure if he is on pinside) for bringing it out to me on a Sunday.

#905 6 years ago

Sounds like you need a set of combination wrenches. 1/4" and 5/16" are the ones you'll need most often. Pinrestore has a decent set for $14.

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Word I'm hearing is middle of the month, but at this time thats unconfirmed.

I can't wait! This month is going to be the longest and feel like forever to get to the middle of...

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

I can't wait! This month is going to be the longest and feel like forever to get to the middle of...

I feel the same way scuba_steve.....

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Word..

I'm still keeping an eye out for some Flynn cycles for us, dude.

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Word..
I'm still keeping an eye out for some Flynn cycles for us, dude.

I’ve been scoping out eBay and those Hallmark Flynn lightcycles are insane! It might be easier to mod a Clu LOL!

#910 6 years ago

What are the Flynn cycles selling for nowadays?

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What are the Flynn cycles selling for nowadays?

Around $20

#912 6 years ago

Yeah, I got mine for $17 shipped from EBay last month.

#913 6 years ago

I just checked and 2 months ago I paid $18 for CLU and $15 for Flynn + shipping.

I keep wonder when the modders will have finally exhausted all the availability .

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just checked and 2 months ago I paid $18 for CLU and $15 for Flynn + shipping.
I keep wonder when the modders will have finally exhausted all the availability .

Wow, I paid around $4-$5 for mine at the Hallmark store after Christmas when they were marked down. Imagine the people on ebay paid the same and who would have thought there was money to be made flipping ornaments.

#915 6 years ago

There was a ton of Hallmark ornaments (not Tron) at a local store for $1 each a couple months ago. I think there's money to be made flipping anything if you're savvy about it.

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

who would have thought there was money to be made flipping ornaments.

People with more patience than us. Storing stuff for 2+ years to make a 25-30$ profit? =|

#917 6 years ago

Same goes for the Tron figures... they were all discounted into dollar store bins at the end of their run, now selling for good money on ebay. The Gem figure in particular.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

. The Gem figure in particular.

Geeee I wonder why? I'd love a life-size Gem figure...

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Hopefully you put rubbers back on those mean outlane posts

Yep, Put the rubbers back on.... That was the one change from the tourny setup.

#920 6 years ago

Just got the best words in the history of my pinball experience - November run is upon us please send in your final payments!!!!

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Just got the best words in the history of my pinball experience - November run is upon us please send in your final payments!!!!

ROFL.. geeeeee wonder who sent that =)

#922 6 years ago

Dan,
I bet JJ has one left with your name on it ; )
Call him…Do it!

#923 6 years ago

Market saturation sequence is lit...

Collect to start price decline multiball...

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You act like Stern has just released like 10000 units.

If you look at the serial #'s that have been reported for the latest batches.. we are not even talking about 500 units.. When talking about a standard run of machines, that is nothing.

The LE's well, those are the LE machines. And will always be LE machines.

#925 6 years ago

Awww. Somebody want a Tron real bad : (

#926 6 years ago

Troll alert

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Funny I was thinking the same with Avengers and all the different limited characters if true as it didnt help with the three Transformers versions

#928 6 years ago

What day are they starting production on these?

#929 6 years ago

Pump and dump alert?

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Pump and dump alert?

Someone should pump and dump you, because you seem to be full of it...

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I was all paid up but I got a similar email. SUPER excited, gonna take a day off to have a party when it gets here (Assuming it doesn't get here before thanksgiving.....if it does then I will have three very awesome days to play with it before starting the insanity, and will be having TWO parties!)

#932 6 years ago

Stern Corporate Management Power Point Meeting

"Lessons learned on Tron"

Sell simplistic base models for a cheaper price, with higher margin. Check
Users spends thousands in add-ons with 3rd party vendors after purchase. (whoops)
Lost revenue on add-ons. $$$$$.$$ (whoops)
Additional runs, additional revenue received. Check
Addtional lost revenue on add-ons. $$$$$.$$ (whoops)

"Adjustment to be made based on lesson learned"

Do nothing

#933 6 years ago

Seriously.. go away. You don't need to crap on folks thread about a game they are excited to get. Start your own Stern bashing thread. Thats fine but this crap is old.

#934 6 years ago

I own 2 Sterns. I like Stern machines. I can criticize Stern if I want. You go away or ignore me.

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Seriously.. go away. You don't need to crap on folks thread about a game they are excited to get. Start your own Stern bashing thread. Thats fine but this crap is old.

Well said - Please let us enjoy our experience. Ahhh the Ignore button never used it! Gosh I love Robin!!! Great idea!

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Wow imagine that, Stern sees a demand for a game and reruns it.

You own a TSPP and a LOTR, how many times did they rerun those titles.

I guess since they reran those titles it makes them worth less.

And if you have no intention of getting a Tron, why do you care about the
resale value of Tron?

Crapping on someone else's excitement is pathetic and makes you look jealous.

#937 6 years ago

It's entertaining and humorous to me to see all users heavily modding after Stern's mistake.

If you can't see that, you are obviously either oblivious or in total denial.

It's a fair assessement of the Tron Pinball product.

You should not try to cover that up or stop statements of other posters.

Also, try to make a more focused post. You are all over the board. No way I am going to address all those random statements.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Well said - Please let us enjoy our experience. Ahhh the Ignore button never used it! Gosh I love Robin!!! Great idea!

+1

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You go away or ignore me.

WIsh granted. Thanks for the reminder of that feature existing. See ya later, Frank-wannabe!

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

See ya later

Mommy! That man said something that is different than I think!

I'm going call him a bad name and run away! Waaaaaa !!!

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It's entertaining and humorous to me to see all users heavily modding after Stern's mistake. If you can't see that, you are obviously either oblivious or in total denial. It's a fair assessement of the Tron Pinball product. You should not try to cover that up or stop statements of other posters. Also, try to make a more focused post. You are all over the board. No way I am going to address all those random statements.

Quoted from Propaganda:

Mommy! That man said something that is different than I think!
I'm going call him a bad name and run away! Waaaaaa !!!

You have stated your opinion on this subject please allow others to discuss their opinions as well. There is no need to continue with back and forth negative exchanges.

#942 6 years ago

And another ignored.

Future Tron owners, you're going to like your game. The decals look really sharp, the metal leg protectors are nice, and the new translite also looks great.

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

It's entertaining and humorous to me to see all users heavily modding after Stern's mistake.

Hey it’s a (somewhat) open forum and you can type what you want. It isn’t going to affect my feelings on my new Tron.

One thing I will disagree with you on is a pin can’t be judge based on its abundance in mods. TZ is considered to be one of the most popular pins and it has a sh!tload of em. I would argue that the large number of mods for Tron show the excitement & pride of its owner. I personally am not going to go crazy on modding mine out but I will add a few. I look forward to tinkering with my pins and this will be no exception. It’s like a home owner who wants to add landscaping to accentuate the home.

#944 6 years ago

Scuba - Way to maintain yourself. Highest praise.

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

If you can't see that, you are obviously either oblivious or in total denial.
It's a fair assessement of the Tron Pinball product.
You should not try to cover that up or stop statements of other posters.
Also, try to make a more focused post. You are all over the board. No way I am going to address all those random statements.

I find this odd.. I bough my Car 2005 Subaru for 25 Grand. Its Turbo Charged Legacy GT, I then Added Exhaust, HID Headlights, Bluetooth System, Touch Screen DVD player, Aftermarket Struts, Strut Cross Members, Slotted Rotors, Steel Braided brake lines, Custom Tune.........

Not once did I complain that Subaru should have done this stuff to the car. Secondly I like Personalize my toys for how I like them. MOD's are just that Personalizing your pinball to be the way you want it.

Furthermore If Subaru had done this from the Factory the car would have been 30k+. In mass production you can only do so much before the price no longer justifies what you are doing to it .

#946 6 years ago

Honestly, it is like many things in life.. Like Ice Cream. Some people Want only Vanilla, and that is it. Others like Rocky Road with Whipped cream.. Everyone can do what they like. The cool thing about Tron is that it is fine the way it is.. but it is like a canvas that people can add to if they see fit. It doesn't really get any better than that. If people want to LED out the machine.. GO for it. It is for them. I, like the others, am just ticked pink to have it (no, not setup yet..) I had to get Gorgar working, and didn't have room to set it up yet.. but that is going to happen this week!! =)

BTW, here is a REAL question for the guys here.. As I have not torn into everything yet to find out.. but did Tron come with Leg Protectors? I just ordered some, and if so, then I can use it on my other machines.

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Honestly, it is like many things in life.. Like Ice Cream. Some people Want only Vanilla, and that is it. Others like Rocky Road with Whipped cream.. Everyone can do what they like. The cool thing about Tron is that it is fine the way it is.. but it is like a canvas that people can add to if they see fit. It doesn't really get any better than that. If people want to LED out the machine.. GO for it. It is for them. I, like the others, am just ticked pink to have it (no, not setup yet..) I had to get Gorgar working, and didn't have room to set it up yet.. but that is going to happen this week!! =)
BTW, here is a REAL question for the guys here.. As I have not torn into everything yet to find out.. but did Tron come with Leg Protectors? I just ordered some, and if so, then I can use it on my other machines.

Yes, the new batch of Tron's has the metal brackets for protecting the decals.

#948 6 years ago

So does anybody know if they are on the line and when they will be shipping ?

#949 6 years ago

The legs are Well away from the cab-- I Hope the Protectors are a Permanent Feature for Future Stern Pins .

Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_008.JPG Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_015.JPG

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Car 2005 Subaru for 25 Grand. Its Turbo Charged Legacy GT

And you are proud of that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside