IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.
#852 11 years ago

I'll update the database as well.... but for the time being, my first NIB pinball is finally here.
Tron 2D backglass..... Serial # 237282

It's hidden in the garage for now and will be a surprise for the kids come Sunday morning when I have time to set it up.

2012-10-19_18.10.56.jpg2012-10-19_18.10.56.jpg

#853 11 years ago

new in the garage #237206

Worked late today and have to work tomorrow, have to pay for this pin somehow but have to wait until later tomorrow to set it up.

#854 11 years ago

Congrats to the first nib buyers, i can imagine how exciting that must be.

Enjoy your runs!

#856 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

If anyone knows a distributor who still has some of these available, could you let me know? I needed to get some financial stuff sorted out before ordering and looks like I've just barely missed out, based on the guys I've talked to so far.

I still have some left for November Run.

#857 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I still have some left for November Run.

The more the merrier!

I, for one, welcome my new Stern Thanksgiving Overlords, but hope it gets here a little before then so I can have a unboxing party that people might actually show up to.

#858 11 years ago

Is the November run is a confirmed thing or not? I hope everybody gets a chance to pick this game up. I for one thought I'd never get (be able to afford) a NIB pin. Luckily I could pick up some overtime at work and generate the cash I needed.
If there's anybody sitting on the fence about it.... just do it. I'm really tight with my money and after I told Bobby ('benepinballs' here on Pinside) to order one for me.....I was thinking after getting on the phone --- 'what the hell did I just do'?

I frickin' love this machine... and I would have kicked myself later if I hadn't pulled the trigger. No regrets what-so-ever.
I'm going to post a 'Good Guy alert' for Benepinballs later.... I had a hell of a time with getting anytime off of work to pick up my machine (that damn overtime), and he bent over backwards to see it got to me safely.

If you haven't puchased one yet and you're reading this... get ahold of Gexchange for the November run. I do know that Bobby has one from this latest one NIB for sale available. Probably still on CL in Omaha.

Cliffy's are on now and I just need the pinbits protectors and the arcade mod to come in.
Downside: my RBION looks so old now.

#859 11 years ago

Glad Stern made a new batch, I really like the new back glass

Just noticed almost the exact same score. I don't really understand the rules yet but got to SOS promptly drained.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#860 11 years ago

I agree. The only thing I didn't like about the Tron pin was the backglass.....but I love the new one! Rai, how did you get yours to stay on the ceiling?

2012-10-22_21.04.55.jpg2012-10-22_21.04.55.jpg

#861 11 years ago

Does the new backglass also have the 3D effect like the previous one? It looks quite awesome!

#862 11 years ago

It does not.

#863 11 years ago

I’m curious, how long is the stock Clu lightcycle in the Pro? I’ve got some Tron Legacy toys lying around and wonder if it’s the same dimensions.

#864 11 years ago

Going from memory, it's about 2.5".

#865 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Going from memory, it's about 2.5".

Cool thanks! What I have should be the same scale.

#866 11 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Cool thanks! What I have should be the same scale.

If you have the diecast Spinmaster toys, that's what's already on there. If you have the lighted cycles from the stores, they're MUCH bigger. The Hallmark ornaments are a little bit bigger than the diecast, but not ludicrous-large like the store toys.

#867 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you have the diecast Spinmaster toys, that's what's already on there. If you have the lighted cycles from the stores, they're MUCH bigger. The Hallmark ornaments are a little bit bigger than the diecast, but not ludicrous-large like the store toys.

It is the diecast stuff. Is it wrong of me to sort through my kids toys looking for these to decorate a pin???

#868 11 years ago

Scuba_Steve: It is not wrong at all!

#869 11 years ago

Brought a Tron pro home from expo this weekend. Now to decide what gets folded up as I am completely out of room.... That or a machine ends up in the kitchen...

#870 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Brought a Tron pro home from expo this weekend. Now to decide what gets folded up as I am completely out of room.... That or a machine ends up in the kitchen...

You can store the Autobot here, dude. I'll even do all the driving. You can get it back next Louisville Expo. Sound good?

#871 11 years ago

what are the options for LED'ing the new 2 backbox...also what color leg protectors would you recommend for TRon?

#872 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

what are the options for LED'ing the new 2 backbox...also what color leg protectors would you recommend for TRon?

No leg protectors needed on the new batch. They come preinstalled like AC/DC and Xmen.

#873 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Just Bling Tron out .. I've already spent close to $ 1000.00 since receiving mine 3-weeks ago

and add Yr mod Pict's to Tron mod's, The Brag-n Thread ..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mods-the-bragn-thread

#874 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

what are the options for LED'ing the new 2 backbox

I just mailed my 2D translite to Kim at http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html and he's going to be making up an LED backbox kit for it. He should have my translite by this Friday and I'm sure he'll be working on the backbox kit soon. He's got a video for his other Tron backbox kits and I'm sure he'll have one up for the 2D translite once it's ready to roll.

#875 11 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I just mailed my 2D translite to Kim at http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html and he's going to be making up an LED backbox kit for it.

Well played sir!

#876 11 years ago

"That's it Buckles, you're really on the ball!"

#877 11 years ago

Well if we didn’t have guys like Kim in the pinball world we wouldn’t have things such as cool backbox kits, lit recognizer mods, Iron Man mods, etc... and I’m more than happy to help someone like him if I can.

I'm sure he'll do up a cool backbox kit and that in turn will benefit all of us, so it's all good!

#878 11 years ago

Anyone in on the Nov. run heard any rumors about timeframes yet? Getting extremely antsy. I have fixed one of my three broken pins and promised my local friends to get them all running before it's delivered.

#879 11 years ago

Rumors I'm Hearing is Middle of Nov +/- a few days

#880 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You can store the Autobot here, dude. I'll even do all the driving. You can get it back next Louisville Expo. Sound good?

We ended up just putting BSD in the kitchen... its halloween decoration.

1 week later
#881 11 years ago

Well, for whatever reason on why it took so long to get to me.. but my First NIB Pinball arrived today!!

2d backglass (Second) run(s):
237149 - Mateui (Canada)
237155 - rockinanker (Canada)
237160 - DareDevyl (Canada)
237206 - rai
237224 - Buckles (Canada)
237230 - silverballer
237232 - drbond
237237 - kdhunter
237240 - PinballCharlie
237246 - Benaar
237261 - potf77
237272 - herbertsharp
237282 - jedimojo
237285 - justjoe13 <-- ME!!!!
237294 - herg
237307 - BlackRose

20121102_231323.jpg20121102_231323.jpg

#882 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Well, for whatever reason on why it took so long to get to me.. but my First NIB Pinball arrived today!!
2d backglass (Second) run(s):
237149 - Mateui (Canada)
237155 - rockinanker (Canada)
237160 - DareDevyl (Canada)
237206 - rai
237224 - Buckles (Canada)
237230 - silverballer
237232 - drbond
237237 - kdhunter
237240 - PinballCharlie
237246 - Benaar
237261 - potf77
237272 - herbertsharp
237282 - jedimojo
237285 - justjoe13 <-- ME!!!!
237294 - herg
237307 - BlackRose

234989 - Underspin

#883 11 years ago

Looks like I'll be getting mine this coming week. It will be from the October run. Yay!

#884 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Where in Dallas are you? Was it just a long time from when they said it shipped to when it got to you? =P

I think Dallas must have more Trons per Capita than any city on the planet...

#885 11 years ago

I think Dallas must have more Trons per Capita than any city on the planet.

Hmm, I wonder why...

3601607617_14c07bf993.jpg3601607617_14c07bf993.jpg

#886 11 years ago

know of any suppliers that have some in Canada?

#887 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Where in Dallas are you? Was it just a long time from when they said it shipped to when it got to you? =P

Josh, I am in North Dallas.. for whatever reason, my tron was just sitting there in the wherehouse ready to be shipped.. it was to be shipped Monday, but it finally was picked up on Tuesday.. and was delivered on Friday.

If you look at my list, black_rose was # 237307, yet mine was 237285, and he got his Tron like what seemed like 2 weeks ago. I am not going to say who I got mine through, but I paid a premium price from what others have paid.. thinking that I would get a quicker response.. etc. Go figure. I know who not to go through now. I have asked for something from them as I feel I did not get what I have paid for.. but they were located on the east coast.. so we will see.

And yeah, I LOVE that Green building in Downtown Dallas. I think that is the Bank of America building or something.

#888 11 years ago

I still have a few left for November run, but very few. Trons are such a hot item right now, Can't wait for the Fiber optic kit to come out.

#889 11 years ago

Gexchange, any word on when they will start the November run?

#890 11 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Gexchange, any word on when they will start the November run?

Word I'm hearing is middle of the month, but at this time thats unconfirmed.

#891 11 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Hmm, I wonder why...

LOL. EPIC. WIN.

#892 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Josh, I am in North Dallas.. for whatever reason, my tron was just sitting there in the wherehouse ready to be shipped.. it was to be shipped Monday, but it finally was picked up on Tuesday.. and was delivered on Friday.

Well, at least once they got it out the door it went pretty fast?

Reason I was asking was because some people will call "Plano" or "Denton" "North dallas".....which IMO it's not. To me, "North Dallas" is like where I live... around 635/75...where Dallas butts up into Richardson/Garland!

I am getting one, and someone who posts here a few miles from me is getting one too. We're gonna tag-team the mods LOL.

#893 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

I think that is the Bank of America building or something.

You're right, it's the Bank of America Plaza. The green is argon gas.

#894 11 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

You're right, it's the Bank of America Plaza. The green is argon gas.

AKA neon tubing. GO GO WIKIPEDIA LAWLS...

*edit* Oh, and stop trolling my posts, lady.

#895 11 years ago

I currently live in Carrollton. btw.
Just happy to have it. =)

#896 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

I currently live in Carrollton. btw.
Just happy to have it. =)

Cool. I end up over there all the time. I was at Tanners the other day buying a 1lb solder spool to finish Space Shuttle and transistors for Time Machine that I hopefully won't have to actually use.

#897 11 years ago

Our NIB Tron is #237151 (Canada).

#898 11 years ago

Had a gathering tonight and everyone liked Tron but did get some comments that is was too hard. Apparently the set up from the Chicago expo was a bit unforgiving... I've been enjoying it, but most of the players tonight were not pinball people.....

#899 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Had a gathering tonight and everyone liked Tron but did get some comments that is was too hard. Apparently the set up from the Chicago expo was a bit unforgiving... I've been enjoying it, but most of the players tonight were not pinball people.....

Got the call from Trent today and mine will be delivered tomorrow (or today since it is after midnight). Only hours to go. Oh, and with the rules and objectives being on the light side, harder is better, IMO.

#900 11 years ago

Awesome! its a great game... let my LE go a little too soon but always said a pro would be the game to have!

The Flipout tournament set up is a little tough, but makes it a challenge. Nice that I have some real high scores to try to beat a least

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.