Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.
#801 7 years ago

Mine comes in a few hours....leaving work at 12 to get stuff moved around and fit into its new spot

#802 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

#235432. That is almost 2000 under these current ones, if Stern produced 2000 games between now and then (Xmen and ACDC i would guess), they seem to be doing just fine.

I have no idea if Stern works this way or not, but it was standard practice with some companies to change numbers regularly and skip numbers to mask how many they are really making.

It could mean 2000. It could also be that Xmen was 236XXX and this run of Tron Pro is 237XXX with a totally random starting number. They also might be skipping a number for every machine that comes off the row, and skipping two here and there too.

I'm not saying that Stern does this, but I've heard stories of at least one other manufacturer who did something very similar.

#803 7 years ago

If anyone knows a distributor who still has some of these available, could you let me know? I needed to get some financial stuff sorted out before ordering and looks like I've just barely missed out, based on the guys I've talked to so far.

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have no idea if Stern works this way or not, but it was standard practice with some companies to change numbers regularly and skip numbers to mask how many they are really making.
It could mean 2000. It could also be that Xmen was 236XXX and this run of Tron Pro is 237XXX with a totally random starting number. They also might be skipping a number for every machine that comes off the row, and skipping two here and there too.
I'm not saying that Stern does this, but I've heard stories of at least one other manufacturer who did something very similar.

Oh for sure, we can only guess.

But it also makes sense that they produced 2000 games over x months. If it is less than 2000 because they are skipping numbers, then they aren't selling much at all.

#805 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

This rumor is killing me - I got a November run on order. Have a ton of Mods sitting at my house... Dang I would hate to go to the open market for this game now. I can find it but its going to kill me - for my first experience to go like this. I resisted but e-mail sent to distributor - since I only found out about this run via the rumor mill why not trust it again.

I must of missed this rumor. Where did you read this?

#806 7 years ago

Ebay has them on Sale for $4,995 - Game Room Guys. Go outside of ebay with the - call them and you can get it for what many of us paid via Distribution. (I do not work for them just keep up with Tron on E-bay)

#807 7 years ago

The November run of an extra 100 is still unconfirmed, btw..

#808 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sometimes 3D presentations in theaters isn't that great...maybe I saw it on a mediocre screen. I have a 3D projector/130" screen at home that IMO looks better than the 3D at most theaters...maybe I'll give Tron 3D another go.

The trick to seeing good 3d at an Imax is to only see it at a theater that has dual projectors and only on a full size Imax screen.

Imax took off the 3D ratings from their website, so now you have to call and ask for a manager and ask "Is your 3D movie showing on dual projectors?". Don't ask the girl who answers the phone, she will automatically say "yes" because she does not know anything.

Secondly, Imax took the real screen listings off of their website, so here is a list of the real Imax screens:

http://www.entertainmentgeekly.com/2011/01/01/proper-full-imax-theaters/

#809 7 years ago

Its been in this thread a few times - last one on page 16. I ordered one the first day it was announced on this page have a deposit down, but am getting skittish. If the deal gets killed - I might move on to a AC/DC and have one nice sale for Tron Mod's

Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

I must of missed this rumor. Where did you read this?

#810 7 years ago

I might end up selling my Pro NIB...only because I might be getting a LE. Will be looking to get what I paid for it and will post it FS is that happens....will know soon.

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Mine comes in a few hours....leaving work at 12 to get stuff moved around and fit into its new spot

Mine will also be here this afternoon!

#812 7 years ago
Quoted from ThunderLips:

Mine will also be here this afternoon

I was super excited to open it tonight and get some game play but now looks like it will be FS.....damn this stupid hobby!!!

#813 7 years ago

I was in on the October run initially but Stern moved some orders including mine to November.

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I was in on the October run initially but Stern moved some orders including mine to November.

Ugh! That sucks. At least they're still planning a November run, though.

If anyone cares, mine shipped Monday, and I have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

#815 7 years ago

Congrats Herg!!!!!!! All us soon to be owners care - well hope to soon be owners... that is...

#816 7 years ago

Tron has arrived! Just set it up, so far so good. Is the motor on the disc supposed to be that loud?

I think some wax is next on the list.

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Tron has arrived! Just set it up, so far so good. Is the motor on the disc supposed to be that loud?
I think some wax is next on the list.

Congrats. Herg I guess Jason beat you by a day.

#818 7 years ago

I got mine last week and its plays excellent. Fast, fast, fast and buttery smooth. Tron pegs the fun-o-meter! Love it.

#819 7 years ago

As of 10/8/12 in an email from JJ, he confirmed they were doing a November run. So I believe a November run is confirmed. Hey JJ can you comment on this??

#820 7 years ago

I just wired JJ the money for one in November. So......

#821 7 years ago

November run? I might have a chance after all!!!!

#822 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Congrats! I am happy you are getting one.

#823 7 years ago

JJ is from Pinball Sales, right?

#824 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Who got your LOTR?

#825 7 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

JJ is from Pinball Sales, right?

JJ is Gexchange

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

JJ is Gexchange

D'oh!!!!

#827 7 years ago

Speaking of JJ. He was super cool to deal with and made my first nib purchase very hassle-free. Two discs up!!

#828 7 years ago

JJ Also confirmed with me today my November run is still safe

#829 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Double congrats. I know you were jonesing for this one.

#830 7 years ago

jsalce and others who have gotten it, would you mind posting the serial #??

#831 7 years ago

#237 230 There are now more Trons but this one is mine. tron is my friend. I will love it and hug it and squeeze it. Ok, maybe Im thinking of Gem.

#832 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Welcome to the tron club.

Don't even tell me you got rid of lotr? If so, I'm entitled to give you a rashin' of shit.

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Welcome to the tron club.
Don't even tell me you got rid of lotr? If so, I'm entitled to give you a rashin' of shit.

You're entitled. Poor man's gotta do what a poor man's gotta do to get a NIB, mang. I made a mistake last year by passing on LE's and Pros when I would've had the money, now paying for that mistake.

I made a decent profit on it, had fun playing it for a few months, got good enough to get to TABA most of the time. I can't complain. I've had my fill of LOTR for a while....keep in mind that LOTR has been the only working pinball in my house since I bought it!!! I spend more time getting pissed at the game because I can't SJP Two Towers or Return of the King than I do enjoying it. And I've had several five ball games where that was the only thing separating me from Valinor. Put up two 180 mill plus games this morning before I sold it. I should probably tell the guy to reset scores unless he doesn't want to get frustrated REAL fast trying to beat those suckers... everything on the HS tables is 150 million+.

#835 7 years ago

Congrats!!

#836 7 years ago

Full payment for my Tron was confirmed today.

#837 7 years ago

237224 is in the house!

#838 7 years ago

Nice Frax! Grats on your Tron confirmation. Is that a November run game?

Anyone know when exactly the November run of the game will start to roll out from the Stern factory?

#839 7 years ago

Here are the numbers so far.. this is pretty interesting.. Please people, post your Serial #.. if I have to have a non-official registry here... I am thinking about it.

3d backglass First run(s):
235432 - frolic (Canada)

2d backglass (Second) run(s): (10 so far)
237149 - Mateui (Canada)
237155 - rockinanker (Canada)
237160 - DareDevyl (Canada)
237224 - Buckles (Canada)
237230 - silverballer
237232 - drbond
237246 - Benaar
237272 - herbertsharp
237294 - herg
237307 - BlackRose

Looks like Canada has gotten give or take some 150.. that is a lot more than I thought were going to be sold up there.

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Here are the numbers so far.. this is pretty interesting.. Please people, post your Serial #.. if I have to have a non-official registry here... I am thinking about it.
First run:235432 - frolic (Canada)
Second run: (10 so far)237149 - Mateui (Canada)237155 - rockinanker (Canada)237160 - DareDevyl (Canada)237224 - Buckles (Canada)237230 - silverballer237232 - drbond237246 - Benaar237272 - herbertsharp237294 - herg237307 - BlackRose

I believe the current run is at least the 3rd run. There were 2 previously, at least.

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

The IPSND already tracks pinball serial numbers:

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=5682

It may be more helpful to encourage people to register their serial numbers there.

#842 7 years ago

Mine was not a first run. It was a 2nd run, with decal and light runner (but with 3D).

I am in Canada but mine was bought in the US.

#843 7 years ago

kdhunter 237237 Lakeville PA

#844 7 years ago
Quoted from kdhunter:

kdhunter 237237 Lakeville PA

Sweet serial number. Double 237's.

#845 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I agree, I'm really happy it shipped with the LED DMD instead of the plasma. Looks a lot better. The only problem is that it makes me want to get LED DMDs for the rest of my machines....

I ordered a Blue LCD from Rob Anthony. The red one does look nice, it will go into my BSM...

#846 7 years ago

@wescor97, make sure to get the blue plastic cover (discard the vinyl that included with the blue LED DMD). I installed mine this morning and it looks so much better now!

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544

#847 7 years ago

237261 Lehighton PA

#848 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

@wescor97, make sure to get the blue plastic cover (discard the vinyl that included with the blue LED DMD). I installed mine this morning and it looks so much better now!
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62&products_id=544

How does it improve it? It says that it helps reduce effects of the grid lines? Car to show some pictures?

#849 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Thank you for the tip...

#850 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

The IPSND already tracks pinball serial numbers:
http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=5682
It may be more helpful to encourage people to register their serial numbers there.

I submitted my serial # in the data base ..

http://www.ipsnd.net/view.aspx?id=5682

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside