Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 23.
#751 7 years ago

Here's my 1st video of Tron Pro LE 2D ,, it's Now 12:04 am and me & S.tastic have Tron Led'd out and Pt: 2 is on the way .. I still have a Few mod's Due in the mail 2-morrow ,, Enjoy !!

#752 7 years ago

A couple of Pict's --

Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG Tron_video_#_1_003.JPG Tron_video_#_1_004.JPG

#753 7 years ago

Looks great! I have the same flipper buttons on my Tron but I need a splitter for my 12v. I have a PIG but have to install it still.. and my Flynn sign.. and my Pinbits protectors.. man, so many mods for this game!

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here's my 1st video of Tron Pro LE 2D ,, it's Now 12:04 am and me & S.tastic have Tron Led'd out and Pt: 2 is on the way .. I still have a Few mod's Due in the mail 2-morrow ,, Enjoy !!
ยป YouTube video

Grrr. I'm about a week and a half behind you, BR. I'm gonna LED mine too. I have a few to play around with to see what I like where.

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Looks great! I have the same flipper buttons on my Tron but I need a splitter for my 12v. I have a PIG but have to install it still.. and my Flynn sign.. and my Pinbits protectors.. man, so many mods for this game!

I bought a 3-way splitter from Cointaker on my last order of Led's .. It was $ 7.99 ,, I'm Happy !!

I like Tron Better than AC/DC ( No $hit ) !!

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=813&categoryId=173

#756 7 years ago

I bought a 3-way splitter from Cointaker on my last order of Led's .. It was $ 7.99 ,, I'm Happy !!
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=813&categoryId=173

Wow I thought you like it and I know you sold your ACDC premium but I just dont get it. I like Tron still have the LE version with many mods such as shaker, new Tron LCD 2.1, FF speakers and backbox LED kit, recognizer, topper, 2 slot coin door we had to pay to get on the LE, Flynn sign not installed. The more I think about the prices they sell for I think I would sell as I like ACDC BIBLE way more, even Spiderman or AFM. I even like Borg's Godzilla about the same as Tron. Enjoy the pin glad you got one! I see you at the auction if you coming. Lets see if I can sell Tron LE for plus 9k like the number 91 just did in California
Buddy

100_3776.JPG 100_3713.JPG

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

The more I think about the prices they sell for I think I would sell as I like ACDC BIBLE way more

I totally agree....Thats why my Tron LE is about to hit the market again.

#758 7 years ago

Are all the new batch trons sold out or are there still some from the second run available?

#759 7 years ago

So, I am waiting to hear shipping information for mine..

and decided to write down some serial #'s ( I hope you guys don't mind)
Serial # - owner
237232 - drbond
237246 - Benaar
237307 - BlackRose

So.. less than 100 to the US.. nice range already.. it will be interesting to see exactly where my # fits in there.

Also.. Does anyone have write-ups on installing the Hallmark onraments? I would like to see how others have wired it up. BR, did you get a power splitter from cointaker to do the install?

#760 7 years ago

I just Finished install-n my Hallmark Light cycles , I soldered Each on to a GI .. lOOks Better than those Factory Lil-bitty's !! I'd like to place the car and small cycle somewhere..

I bought a 3-way Splitter from CoinTaker , I have my Flynn sign and Blue Led Flipper buttons plugged into it. Tron is Pre wired for the shaker ...

Now I'm wait-n on my Pop-bumper mods and my Naked Gem & Quorra figures

Tron_Mods_2_001.JPG Tron_Mods_2_002.JPG Tron_Mods_2_003.JPG Tron_Mods_2_004.JPG

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I just Finished install-n my Hallmark Light cycles , I soldered Each on to a GI .. lOOks Better than those Factory Lil-bitty's !!

The voltage on the GI of the pro is too high for the lightcycles.

#762 7 years ago

Gem and Quorra? Where did you get them?

#763 7 years ago

I will be picking up my Tron today. It's about a 2 hour drive and my buddy is coming with me. He'll help me move it in. I save a couple hundred bucks picking it up, that goes back into mods.

Excited!

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

The voltage on the GI of the pro is too high for the lightcycles.

Your 4.5V DC Light Cycles are doomed if you directly soldered them to the 6.3V AC GI.

#765 7 years ago

Took me 3 days to take down the factory CG score, I must be getting rusty!

image.jpg

#766 7 years ago

I just reset the high scores so that my family and I could get on the board quickly and have fun beating our own scores. After 2 days I think the highest score is around the 25 million mark. (But we're all complete newbies to pinball..)

#767 7 years ago

Your 4.5V DC Light Cycles are doomed if you directly soldered them to the 6.3V AC GI.

They are Not Stock ,, crack them open cut all the leds off the board -tie them together-then add wires and reglue it all.
Use two 370ohm resistors and hook it right to the GI string.

Hooked did the work and I Traded my Non-mod'd Hallmark for His set .. They work Fine !!

Tron_Light_cycle_mod_ed.JPG

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

They are Not Stock ,, crack them open cut all the leds off the board -tie them together-then add wires and reglue it all.
Use two 370ohm resistors and hook it right to the GI string.
Hooked did the work and I Traded my Non-mod'd Hallmark for His set .. They work Fine !!

Awesome. How in the world did you crack that thing open?

#769 7 years ago

Nut Cracker !! ,, Hooked did the job , I Traded mine for his . Maybe he will Chime in..

Ya'll Know Hooked , Someone called him Shady because of his SM 4-Sale Thread . Yea right ,,

Hooked is tha Man !!

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ugh oh.... I have them like that on the LE. Where should I connect them in then? oops

#771 7 years ago

On the LE, you can safely solder the Light Cycles directly to the LED inserts.

I recommend soldering the white cycle to the left ramp yellow insert and the yellow light cycle to the right ramp yellow insert. This will make them flash with these inserts.

#772 7 years ago

Thanks Chad. I will make the change. I appreciate that.

#773 7 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

The effects were not over the top as to poke you in the eye but the layering in the foreground, mid ground and background with the use of translucent layering really added to the other world feeling. Not saying the movie takes place off screen but half way out and the other half within. XD/IMAX size screens add to the effect.

Sometimes 3D presentations in theaters isn't that great...maybe I saw it on a mediocre screen. I have a 3D projector/130" screen at home that IMO looks better than the 3D at most theaters...maybe I'll give Tron 3D another go.

#774 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thanks Chad. I will make the change. I appreciate that.

Note the positive (+) and negative (-) on the LED boards and make sure you match them with the light cycle positive and negative.

#775 7 years ago

Is anyone doing the hallmark cycle mod for a fee? I have the cycles but have no time to split them open My tron pro comes next month November run.

#776 7 years ago

You don't have to split them open. It takes a half hour

#777 7 years ago

And whoever owns my Tron pro from the project Tron thread may want to relocate the light cycle connection.

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

So, I am waiting to hear shipping information for mine..
and decided to write down some serial #'s ( I hope you guys don't mind)
Serial # - owner
237232 - drbond
237246 - Benaar
237307 - BlackRose
So.. less than 100 to the US.. nice range already.. it will be interesting to see exactly where my # fits in there.
Also.. Does anyone have write-ups on installing the Hallmark onraments? I would like to see how others have wired it up. BR, did you get a power splitter from cointaker to do the install?

I got 237149, from the latest shipment. This is 1 of the 10 sent up to Canada though.

#779 7 years ago

#781 7 years ago

how many Trons have been produced?

400 LE?

?xxx Pro (first and second run)

100 (or 200) new run.

#782 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

how many Trons have been produced?
400 LE?
?xxx Pro (first and secone run)
100 (or 200) new run.

Not sure that anyone that can answer that question honestly, will. All we can do is estimate, and not even sure that's feasible either unless someone that has a very early 1st run pro can provide their serial number and see if the formatting of these things may give us some kind of idea...

#783 7 years ago

When I tied the light cycles to the LED inserts, it sucked the juice out of one the inserts and made it dim, and the light cycles were also too dim. What I liked was tapping into the 5VDC. The cycles were designed to run at 4.5VDC, so this might be "within spec." If you have the arcade mod, it also taps into the 5V, so you can tap into that connector wire. Maybe the PIG is the best solution for insert triggered lighting to not pull down the LED and also to supply proper voltage to the light cycles.

#784 7 years ago

If the voltage of the GI of the Pro is too high for the light cycle mod, what do you want to solder them to? Is there an insert on the Pro you can solder them to so that they flash?

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

When I tied the light cycles to the LED inserts, it sucked the juice out of one the inserts and made it dim, and the light cycles were also too dim.

Was it the last insert on that Row or column in the matrix? Did it dim any of the OTHER inserts on the row or column?

#786 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

spidey said:

When I tied the light cycles to the LED inserts, it sucked the juice out of one the inserts and made it dim, and the light cycles were also too dim.

Was it the last insert on that Row or column in the matrix? Did it dim any of the OTHER inserts on the row or column?

I tied it directly to the LED board, and it only affected that LC insert. Someone mentioned at the time that there's another place to tap upstream, but I don't remember where that is. I believe the Kimball's Pinballs kit may handle this correctly.

#787 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I tied it directly to the LED board, and it only affected that LC insert. Someone mentioned at the time that there's another place to tap upstream, but I don't remember where that is. I believe the Kimball's Pinballs kit may handle this correctly.

Hrm, okay. I see yours was an LE...maybe that's part of the issue since it is all SMD LED, they may not have been sending as much power down the pipe so it would need to be wired a different place for power, and then use the ground off that insert so that when it switches the insert it would ground out the power for the mod.

#788 7 years ago

So have I missed where the best place to wire them on a Pro is?

#789 7 years ago

"So have I missed where the best place to wire them on a Pro is? "

If you don't mind them on all the time, there is 5VDC available on the wiring harness on the left side feeding up to the backbox if I remember correctly. Very easy to do this and looks great. Maybe a PIG for insert controlled lighting without going all hactical.

#790 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

So have I missed where the best place to wire them on a Pro is?

I'm not sure if this is the best approach, but it's the one I'm going to use.
http://www.cnypinballpleasure.com/tron.html

BTW, has yours shipped yet. I have a bill of lading, but no tracking number yet.

#791 7 years ago

Mine is coming tomorrow morning....along with ACDC premium. Coming early in the morning and then I have to work all day thinking about them sitting in my garage!!!

#792 7 years ago

I have number 237155, Canada.

#793 7 years ago

Thanks everyone for posting their serial #'s.. Please keep posting..
Here is what I have so far.. 7 machines..

237149 - Mateui (Canada)
237155 - rockinanker (Canada)
237160 - DareDevyl (Canada)
237232 - drbond
237246 - Benaar
237272 - herbertsharp
237307 - BlackRose

As soon as I get mine, I will update the thread also.
The range is 149 - 307 = 158 machines.. so far.
Looks like the first part of the builds it was dedicated to Canada.

When I called and talked with Stern about this.. and when I asked about how many machines were in this run, and I was told specifically that it would not be more than 150 machines. So.. depending on how it is all broken down.. 75 to 100 in the US.. 25-50 to Canada.. and random ones overseas.

Now, are they going to make another run for November? Who knows for sure.. I thought I heard that they were running out of ramps.. etc.???
We will have to wait and see.

#794 7 years ago

If there are orders to be filled by customers that have already paid then they better figure it out or Stern and Distributors will have a serious mess on their hands that is for sure. Not covering orders promised to pre paid customers is flat out unacceptable.

#795 7 years ago

In case anyone was wondering how the red DMD matches the game, it actually fits really well! Really ties to the recognizer lights, which is a nice touch.

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

In case anyone was wondering how the red DMD matches the game, it actually fits really well! Really ties to the recognizer lights, which is a nice touch.

I agree, I'm really happy it shipped with the LED DMD instead of the plasma. Looks a lot better. The only problem is that it makes me want to get LED DMDs for the rest of my machines....

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

That's good to hear. I was pretty much prepared to not like the red, but I was reserving judgement for when I see it in person.

#798 7 years ago

Just in case it helps anyone out with production forensics... I'll throw my serial # into the mix. This is from the last run of 3D, but with decal and lightrunner. #235432. That is almost 2000 under these current ones, if Stern produced 2000 games between now and then (Xmen and ACDC i would guess), they seem to be doing just fine.

#799 7 years ago

This rumor is killing me - I got a November run on order. Have a ton of Mods sitting at my house... Dang I would hate to go to the open market for this game now. I can find it but its going to kill me - for my first experience to go like this. I resisted but e-mail sent to distributor - since I only found out about this run via the rumor mill why not trust it again.

#800 7 years ago

Mine is in, but with expo, I can't pick it up till next week

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sinking Spring, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside