Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hey Ben, If you prefer a orange DMD to the look of a red let me know. I took the stock out of my LE when I ordered the Blue Xpin DMD and would trade you it for the Red LED dmd & put that one in my SM. Not sure how the red display looks on Tron.
Let me know.

I'm good with the red thanks. I might try swapping it out with my spiderman if I get curious.

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Still trying to be patient here.

You should have gotten a Ship Notification today, yours leaves Stern Tomorrow on its way direct to you.

#703 7 years ago

When can I come over, TZBen?

kwiKimart

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

You should have gotten a Ship Notification today, yours leaves Stern Tomorrow on its way direct to you.

Herg will be very happy when he wakes up tomorrow and reads that.

#705 7 years ago

R & L is delivering my tron 2-morrow b-tween 11a & 3p .. And since I called them 1st , they Wouldn't have called me for delivery till Monday .. When you get yr E-mail w/ a pro # , make the call and schedule ... Here's how R & L lOOk's ..

http://www.rlcarriers.com/shiptrace.asp

#706 7 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

TRON LE will drop lots when eli's kit goes public. The buss system is better than the le code. The le will never be able to cycle independently unless they code it different. I wouldn't expect it to plumit but i bet it goes down to 6

Then why do LOTR LE's sell for more then standard LOTR's when they were able to crack the code and install a shakers in the standard LOTR's? Can eli's kit function off the game code like the LE or is it based entirely off inserts and switches? I am sure it will amazing but saying that will cause the price to drop on LE's is crazy and just an assumption since there is no proof to back it up. If anything it will likely do the opposite and increase the price on LE's. If anything this mod will likely increase the price of the pro's and if that happens then the LE's will go up I bet, just like BSM did once SM prices increased. I recently sold my Pro to get a LE and I was well aware of eli's kit, but I don't by machines as investments so if it goes down then so be it. The game is a keeper for me so I am not too worried about resale value.

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Then why do LOTR LE's sell for more then standard LOTR's when they were able to crack the code and install a shakers in the standard LOTR's? Can eli's kit function off the game code like the LE or is it based entirely off inserts and switches? I am sure it will amazing but saying that will cause the price to drop on LE's is crazy and just an assumption since there is no proof to back it up. If anything it will likely do the opposite and increase the price on LE's. If anything this mod will likely increase the price of the pro's and if that happens then the LE's will go up I bet, just like BSM did once SM prices increased. I recently sold my Pro to get a LE and I was well aware of eli's kit, but I don't by machines as investments so if it goes down then so be it. The game is a keeper for me so I am not too worried about resale value.

Lets not forget the Daft Punk Muli ball as well.

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jeff Bridges character?
is the movie any good?

I saw it in 3D and in my opinion the film was like a art piece. Story was ok, and if a fan a little worse but the music and the layered 3D texturing made it Visually stunning and blew Avatar out of the water. Best 3D to date in terms of detail and texture.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yeah, thanks.

I think a combination of events on my end really delayed it. I had only paid the deposit when JJ called to let me know they were ready to ship. I didn't have the checkbook with me, so I missed the mail deadline that day, the check went out the next day. Columbus Day likely delayed either the mail or the check clearing. I still had to work on CD, though.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Herg will be very happy when he wakes up tomorrow and reads that.

Yes, he will!

#710 7 years ago

I saw the movie in imax 3d when first released and that was certainly an experience. I watched it again at home with my kids. The story is still convoluted but it is a spectacle to see and hear even on a smaller screen.

It does make for a better pin than movie. The movie assets translated over to the game very well.

#711 7 years ago

For people who may not know or have forgotten, here are the differences the LE has over the pro in one complete list:

1 - Daft Punk Multiball
2 - Silver around PF inserts
3 - Drop targets instead of standups
4 - Moving Recognizer
5 - Lighted ramps
6 - LED insert PCBs
7 - Chrome trim
8 - Metal apron with clear blue windows w/ flashers
9 - Metal under PF rails
10 - Traditional lockdown bar and receiver
11 - LE numbered plaque on backbox and signed certificate of authentisity
12 - Alternating color flashers under the spinner (updated info from pinball_customs)
13 - Individually controlled recognizer inserts in front of the 3 target (updated info from docquest)
14 - Hologram sticker on translite (updated info from docquest)
15 - Free t-shirt promotion for buying the LE (updated info from docquest)

#712 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

For people who may not know or have forgotten, here are the differences the LE has over the pro in one complete list:
1 - Daft Punk Multiball
3 - Drop targets instead of standups
4 - Moving Recognizer
5 - Lighted ramps
6 - LED insert PCBs
7 - Chrome trim
8 - Metal apron with blue windows w/ flashers
9 - Metal under PF rails
10 - Traditional lockdown bar and receiver
11 - LE numbered plaque on backbox and signed certificate of authentisity

Thankfully the only gameplay differences are the drop targets and extra multiball.. (unlike the newer LE games). I can live without the rest of it, and almost all can be added to your pro if you really wanted to do so.

You did forget the alternating colour flashers under the spinner though!

I respect that LE owners love their Tron LE's, but I'm quite happy with my pro.

- B

#713 7 years ago

And for those of us in your November run? Any indication they are going to run them early?

Quoted from Gexchange:

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

1 - Daft Punk Multiball2 - Silver around PF inserts3 - Drop targets instead of standups4 - Moving Recognizer5 - Lighted ramps6 - LED insert PCBs7 - Chrome trim8 - Metal apron with blue windows w/ flashers9 - Metal under PF rails10 - Traditional lockdown bar and receiver11 - LE numbered plaque on backbox and signed certificate of authentisity

I downgraded my LE for a pro so I'm going by memory here, but doesn't the LE also have individually controlled recognizer inserts in front of the 3 targets? They sync with the recognizer movement so if you hit the lit insert it counts more towards dropping the bank vs hitting an unlit target.

Also the 3D translight also has a sticker on it with your LE number. My LE's original translight looked misregistered. When they send me a replacement I had to carefully remove the sticker and attach it to the new translight.

I also got a coupon for a free stern T-shirt with my LE. Not sure if the pro version had that or not.

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Thankfully the only gameplay differences are the drop targets and extra multiball.. (unlike the newer LE games). I can live without the rest of it, and almost all can be added to your pro if you really wanted to do so.
I respect that LE owners love their TRON LE's, but I'm quite happy with my pro.
- B

Thanks for the info and I updated the list.

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I downgraded my LE for a pro so I'm going by memory here, but doesn't the LE also have individually controlled recognizer inserts in front of the 3 targets? They sync with the recognizer movement so if you hit the lit insert it counts more towards dropping the bank vs hitting an unlit target.
Also the 3D translight also has a sticker on it with your LE number. My LE's original translight looked misregistered. When they send me a replacement I had to carefully remove the sticker and attach it to the new translight.
I also got a coupon for a free stern T-shirt with my LE. Not sure if the pro version had that or not.

Yep, I forgot the inserts move with the Recognizer. Updated the list.

#717 7 years ago

- B

Yes I agree with you.

The standups make it Pro play even better but Daft Punk MB would be nice add for the pro.

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Yes I agree with you.
The standups make it Pro play even better but Daft Punk MB would be nice add for the pro.

I've never played the pro, but I've been told that you can get a shot at Gem with a bounce off the standups.

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I've never played the pro, but I've been told that you can get a shot at Gem with a bounce off the standups.

It is possible but I don’t ever use that way. It adds some speed to the game. It is only three targets so I don’t think it makes that much of a difference either way. I really like how they did the differences between the Pro and LE with Tron I wish they were still doing it this way. They made enough differences for people really want a LE bout not so many differences that the pro would suck. Both versions have great game play.

#720 7 years ago

Getting our Tron pro on Monday hopefully. The distributor mentioned Stern ran a new run of AC/DC Premiums last week too which is sweet.

#721 7 years ago

OK ,, Where's MY TRON !!! It's Supposed to be Here .. It's almost NOON ...........

#722 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

OK ,, Where's MY TRON !!! It's Supposed to be Here .. It's almost NOON ...........

Nervous breakdown, nervous breakdown, coo-coo, coo-coo

#723 7 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

1 - Daft Punk Multiball
7 - Chrome trim
8 - Metal apron with clear blue windows w/ flashers
12 - Alternating color flashers under the spinner (updated info from pinball_customs)
13 - Individually controlled recognizer inserts in front of the 3 target (updated info from docquest)

The several times I have played an LE, I never noticed *ANY* of this. Not saying that's applicable for everyone, just saying if it didn't stand out enough for me to actively think about it, I don't really feel like it's enough of a standout feature to justify a price increase.

Post edited by Frax : Answered my own question..

#724 7 years ago

daft punk does not stand out too much if you never start the mode

Quoted from Frax:

The several times I have played an LE, I never noticed *ANY* of this. Not saying that's applicable for everyone, just saying if it didn't stand out enough for me to actively think about it, I don't really feel like it's enough of a standout feature to justify a price increase.
Post edited by Frax : Answered my own question..

#725 7 years ago

I got a call from the freight delivery people that they can deliver my Tron in just a few hours. Of course this has to be on the day I'm working 1-9pm. Oh well, will be a nice treat to have when I get back home tonight. I was told mid-to-late next week by Playdium, so this is a nice surprise.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Congrats B_R! So how much did Tron set you back? if you don't mind me asking?

#727 7 years ago

just got portal for the first time! (4 ball) great game.

scored about 108mill

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Congrats B_R! So how much did Tron set you back? if you don't mind me asking?

The Goin rate + $ 273.00 for Ship-n !!!

#729 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Goin rate + $ 273.00 for Ship-n !!!

The R & L driver called 30 minutes ago ,, Tron should be here any Tyme Now !!!

I'll Take a Few Pict-s as proof and Do a Video , then my Next video of Tron will be after the

mods and Led's have been added !!!! I want the Blue Led display too..

#730 7 years ago

Hey BR, time to get excited. This game is fast and fun.

#731 7 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen, B_R.

#732 7 years ago

So far, so good! No problems in shipping and everything is working great so far!

image.jpg

#733 7 years ago

It's all good dude...no need to have a showdown! LIBATIONS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I saw it in 3D and in my opinion the film was like a art piece. Story was ok, and if a fan a little worse but the music and the layered 3D texturing made it Visually stunning and blew Avatar out of the water. Best 3D to date in terms of detail and texture.

SOT Tangent...
I watch a lot of 3D movies and found Tron Legacy's 3D to be reaaaally subtle to the point of almost not seeming 3D. IMO the best "shot in 3D" since Avatar are Harold & Kumar 3D Xmas & Prometheus. Although they were converted to 3D, The Avengers & Titanic are really amazing in 3D! Animated stuff always looks the best in 3D...Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs, Megamind, Tangled, & Despicable Me look amazing!

#734 7 years ago

The translite looks so awesome in person. Much better than the original DVD cover one imo.

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

So far, so good! No problems in shipping and everything is working great so far!

Nice! Enjoy it.

Quoted from Mateui:

The translite looks so awesome in person.

+1

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

SOT Tangent...I watch a lot of 3D movies and found Tron Legacy's 3D to be reaaaally subtle to the point of almost not seeming 3D. IMO the best "shot in 3D" since Avatar are Harold & Kumar 3D Xmas & Prometheus. Although they were converted to 3D, The Avengers & Titanic are really amazing in 3D! Animated stuff always looks the best in 3D...Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs, Megamind, Tangled, & Despicable Me look amazing!

Furhter OT......Although not quite oscar caliber material, I though the 3D in journey to the center of the earth (and the sequel as well) was very entertaining. It has a lot of the gimmicky pop out effects as well as tons of deep depth. I highly recommend it if you are into 3D.

#737 7 years ago

Libations for everyone!! must be heard through a full flipper fid sound system. The first must have mod on Tron.

Now lets see more pics of Gem and Quorra on those new decals.

SAM_0780.JPG 2012-04-19_16.06.00.jpg

#738 7 years ago

Got my Tron in as well , No Problem's and I have the Shaker installed already. Alot of mods , FF speaker Kit , CoinTaker Flipper button Kit and Led's to go . Everyone have FUN !!!!!!! Fast Pin ..

Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_004.JPG Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_006.JPG Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_008.JPG Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_011.JPG Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_015.JPG

#739 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Got my Tron in as well , No Problem's and I have the Shaker installed as Well. Alot of mods , FF speaker Kit , CoinTaker Flipper button Kit and Led's to go

Heck yeah! ShaneTastic is going to have to invite himself over tonight!!!

#740 7 years ago

The Car looks Cool but It has to be Moved so my Hallmark Lighted cycles can be placed . Where have some of you placed yr car ?

Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_017.JPG Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_018.JPG

#741 7 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

Heck yeah! ShaneTastic is going to have to invite himself over tonight!!!

I know yr on call @ Work , but bring a few Beers and we'll Play a few games then install a Few mods.. FF 1st ..

6:30 7p is Cool

#742 7 years ago

I love R and L 18 wheelers. Nice. Good luck getting to Portal. Bounce ball off standup targets to hit Gem.

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Where have some of you placed yr car ?

In the trash : )

#744 7 years ago

I love R and L 18 wheelers. Nice. Good luck getting to Portal. Bounce ball off standup targets to hit Gem.

Good lOOk-n Trucks !! I'll try ,, I'm Like-n this Pin so Far !!

In the trash : )

Yea right !!

Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_001.JPG

#745 7 years ago

On these new runs, are the ramps protected or are the Cliffy ramp protectors the way to go? My IM had ramp protectors installed from the factory, and it was a later run.

#746 7 years ago

On these new runs, are the ramps protected or are the Cliffy ramp protectors the way to go? My IM had ramp protectors installed from the factory, and it was a later run.

No protectors installed ,, but I have my Own from Cliffy .. Everything !!

Tron_mods_021.JPG

#747 7 years ago

Thanks BR

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

SOT Tangent...
I watch a lot of 3D movies and found Tron Legacy's 3D to be reaaaally subtle to the point of almost not seeming 3D. IMO the best "shot in 3D" since Avatar are Harold & Kumar 3D Xmas & Prometheus. Although they were converted to 3D, The Avengers & Titanic are really amazing in 3D! Animated stuff always looks the best in 3D...Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs, Megamind, Tangled, & Despicable Me look amazing!

The effects were not over the top as to poke you in the eye but the layering in the foreground, mid ground and background with the use of translucent layering really added to the other world feeling. Not saying the movie takes place off screen but half way out and the other half within. XD/IMAX size screens add to the effect.

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Car looks Cool but It has to be Moved so my Hallmark Lighted cycles can be placed . Where have some of you placed yr car ?

I put a car over the right ramp

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Where have some of you placed yr car ?

B_R, I'm going to give this a shot when mine comes in next week.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-mod-quorra-light-runner-with-led-lights

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside