IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.
#651 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jeff Bridges character?
is the movie any good?

I would say that people that like movies like the Matrix, Inception, Contact, and Vanilla Sky would probably have a good chance of liking the original Tron and the newer Tron Legacy.

I recommend watching the movies in order (i.e. Tron then Tron Legacy).

#652 11 years ago

Yr Tron looK''s Great TZben !! Rock On !!

I got a call 2-day , My Tron ship'd out 2-day also , It Should be in the GRG by Friday ...

I got my FF speaker Kit 2-day , Led's have been here , New hallmark Light cycles , Custom Pop bumper covers , lighted Flynn Sign from PBL , Neon plastic dress up Kit , Full Cliffy protector kit and the Ramp Protectors etc ,, I Want a Blue LED display but maybe Later .. The supplier is Sold out .

I'm Ready to mod this Pin to the Maxxxxxxxxxx !!!

#653 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I got a call 2-day , My Tron ship'd out 2-day also , It Should be in the GRG by Friday ... [8)]

I got my FF speaker Kit 2-day , Led's have been here , New hallmark Light cycles , Custom Pop bumper covers , lighted Flynn Sign from PBL , Neon plastic dress up Kit etc ,, I Want a Blue LED display .

I'm Ready to mod this Pin to the Maxxxxxxxxxx !!!

how much are you getting the FF speaker kit for B_R? Im also looking at buying a shaker motor in bulk for my 4 Stern pins.

#654 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

new translite looks dope.. better than the 3d layout

Agreed. I'm thinking of getting one of those to put on my LE. Awesome translite.

#655 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. I'm thinking of getting one of those to put on my LE. Awesome translite.

Personally I like the 3d one better but also like the 2d and will grab one for wall art.

#656 11 years ago

I'd love to see the rest of your PF, those toy mods look pretty awesome

here's quorra fig over the quora spinner and wider shot showing gem, castor and the bumpers figs. I have some other figures PM if interested.

quorramod.jpgquorramod.jpg bumpermods1.jpgbumpermods1.jpg

#657 11 years ago

Sigh, less than 20 games in and the disc opto stopped working.

#658 11 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

here's quorra fig over the quora spinner and wider shot showing gem, castor and the bumpers figs. I have some other figures PM if interested.

Why are yr Pop Covers yellow , ? Weren't they Blue from factory ?

Quoted from Benaar:

Man that Suck's !! Keep us informed How you handle this .. Good Luck

Quoted from drbond:

how much are you getting the FF speaker kit for B_R

I think it was $ 135.00 ship'd ,, ,,

#659 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Man that Suck's !! Keep us informed How you handle this .. Good Luck

A friend came over and we took the opto assembly apart. A trace on the mini transmitter board was bad so we just connected with a little bit of wire and it started working. I'm still going to ask Stern if they'll send me replacement optos though. No idea how long our little "hack" will hold.

#660 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Nooo! Don't say that, at least you got a temp fix, but ugh...

#661 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetfire:

Nooo! Don't say that, at least you got a temp fix, but ugh...

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but unfortunately it appears yet again that the final step in Stern's quality control process is "Delivery to Customer".

At least it's a simple fix.

#662 11 years ago

Oh and of course this morning the left slingshot stops working!

Coil fires in coil test though so it may be just a broken wire.

BUT STILL!!!!

#663 11 years ago

wow. some bad luck there. Let us know how Stern treats you.

No problems with my NIB Tron that I got last month, so it was just bad luck i guess.

#664 11 years ago

That sucks Benaar - really kills the entire NIB purchase experience.

#665 11 years ago

Slingshot issue was in fact simply a snapped wire. 2 minutes w/ the soldering iron & I'm back in business. Makes me wonder what else is gonna break though…

#666 11 years ago

On a more positive note, may I present the best part of the NIB experience.

tron_goofballs.jpgtron_goofballs.jpg tron_concentration.jpgtron_concentration.jpg

#667 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Those nuts at Stern packed some kids in the box!?!!?!?

#668 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Man, I had that same hairstyle and hair color back in 1974 when I was that age. Brings back a lot of memories.

#669 11 years ago

Teaching your sons to double flip, eh Benaar!! Bad father!

Kiddin.. congrats dude.

#670 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Gotta love it! I can relate to what you're saying, my kids (9 and 7) can't wait for Tron to show up next week.

#671 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Teaching your sons to double flip, eh Benaar!! Bad father!

Heh, you can't see it in the picture, but he actually has the ball cradled on the left flipper. He tends to just hold both flippers up and wait for the ball to come to rest before shooting and to be honest I'm quite amazed how often that works for him!

#672 11 years ago

People are dumping LE's now.

#673 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Please....

#674 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

One person selling for $10K+ is "everybody"? Keep dreaming.

#675 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Kimball's Pinballs Backbox LED mod v.2

Have a quick vid showing this backbox led kit?

#676 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

What, no Pinbits plastic set and pop bumper kits? Come on dude! This video shows both, among some other mods.
» YouTube video
Pappy

Really like the look of the white cliffy post sleeves.

#677 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

One person selling for $10K+ is "everybody"? Keep dreaming.

I didn't say everybody, so you should work on your comprehension.

#678 11 years ago

Tron Le will drop lots when eli's kit goes public. The buss system is better than the le code. The le will never be able to cycle independently unless they code it different. I wouldn't expect it to plumit but i bet it goes down to 6

#679 11 years ago

I know that if I bought an LE, I would cash in right now, before it's too late. $$$

#680 11 years ago

It's a $1k pin by christmas

#681 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Have a quick vid showing this backbox led kit?

There is one on his website. Look at the Products page at Kimballspinballs.com

#683 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Here's another one that was just up for sale..

One every two weeks really isn't that odd at all. At that rate, it would take 16 years for everyone who owned one to flip them.

If another 10 go up for sale tonight, I'll start to believe that people are dumping them... but why would they when you could get the Pros NIB when the LEs were drawing $8k+ anyway?

#684 11 years ago

I remembered this thread but decided no to bring it up in the face of all the "not less than 10K" etc. posts...

I am not sure where the market is for this pin at the moment due to the factors above... good luck with the sale but it seems like it may be a slightly harder sell than it was a few months ago.

You might have to wait a bit for the right buyer, not shocking for a 10K luxury "toy" in a niche market... even if it as awesome as this one!

#685 11 years ago

Open your eyes. Don't listen to the people who own them...they are protecting their assets, you know?

Notice how when I post the same person thumbs down my post, regardless. I have a creep-o stalker now. Keep and eye out for him. You will see how he is obsessing on me. Yikes. He lets you know who he is....what a sicko.

#686 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I wouldn't expect it to plumit but i bet it goes down to 6

Only if someone were to sell it for 6...do you see that happening? If people wanted to the cash, they'd sell it now....the game is so fun, people won't even sell it for big money.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the new mod is like. There are 500 Black Spideys which have nothing special besides art compared to the original. So, if that's gonna stay up in the 8's, so will Tron LE. The LE is 1 of 400, the ramp lights work with the code, it has other things the Pro doesn't have - Silver accents on the playfield, drop targets, different TRON inserts, moving Recognizer w/ individual inserts per 3-bank target...and as far as we know - Daft Punk multiball is exclusive to the LE.

#687 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

I know that if I bought an LE, I would cash in right now, before it's too late. $$$

This is total BS and totally your narrow minded opinion!

#688 11 years ago

Notice how when I post the same person thumbs down my post, regardless. I have a creep-o stalker now. Keep and eye out for him, it's creepy shit. You will see how he is obsessing on me. Yikes. Get a life. He lets you know who he is every time he does this.......what a sicko.

#689 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Notice how when I post the same person thumbs down my post, regardless. I have a creep-o stalker now. Keep and eye out for him, it's creepy shit. You will see how he is obsessing on me. Yikes. Get a life. He lets you know who he is every time he does this.......what a sicko.

Oops! Sorry! I did not mean to give you a thumbs down. I was actually curious who it was you were referring to so I clicked the thumbs down button thinking it would show me, but it actually tallied that I was electing to thumbs down your post (this shows that i never use the option I guess). I am sorry about that! So to balance my error, I gave you a thumbs up!

#690 11 years ago

I am hoping for some Lyman code polish.

#691 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Someone should ask him if he plans to work on it at expo. I imagine he will be there.

#693 11 years ago

I dunno, ChadH, I went to type up a FS ad, but the market value was dropping so rapidly I couldn't edit my price fast enough to keep up. Finally I said forget it, I'm parting this mf'er out. Look for my upcoming part out thread in the market place!

#694 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I dunno, ChadH, I went to type up a FS ad, but the market value was dropping so rapidly I couldn't edit my price fast enough to keep up. Finally I said forget it, I'm parting this mf'er out. Look for my upcoming part out thread in the market place!

Dibs on ramps.

#695 11 years ago

Dang! Too fast for me!

#696 11 years ago

Sales threads from 6 months ago? Really? Who is this guy?

#697 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Hey Ben, If you prefer a orange DMD to the look of a red let me know. I took the stock out of my LE when I ordered the Blue Xpin DMD and would trade you it for the Red LED dmd & put that one in my SM. Not sure how the red display looks on Tron.

Let me know.

#698 11 years ago

Still trying to be patient here.

#699 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Sales threads from 6 months ago? Really? Who is this guy?

Clearly a jerk.

Dave.

#700 11 years ago

In the end who gives a shit how many are for sale or if its worth 50 cents. If its fun its fun and people wont even care what its worth because they wont be selling it.

Prop Sounds allot like 3 people. Frank, Gary, and Expat all rolled into one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.