IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.
#551 11 years ago

Shaker already sold out again? I don't see it.

#552 11 years ago

Looks awesome can you post one showing the whole machine and how it looks?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#553 11 years ago

Now it looks like PBL is sold out of the shakers again

#554 11 years ago

Version 1.7! Thats a good thing. Hope they fixed the x-ball problem

#555 11 years ago

1.7 has been out for Tron PRO since 11/2011. No, they didn't fix the extra ball.

Quoted from coz6:

Version 1.7! Thats a good thing. Hope they fixed the x-ball problem

#556 11 years ago

darn it - some reason I thought it was version 1.6 grrrr..... Oh well still excited first NIB purchase even if its not perfect.

#557 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For those that are getting this game, PBL relisted their shaker motors for $150.

I bought Shaker's a month in advance for myself and to those Gett-n The 2012 Tron near me ..

Not from PBL ,,, and still at $ 150.00 each !!

Shakers_for_Tron.JPGShakers_for_Tron.JPG

#558 11 years ago

If all you want is an earnable extra ball:

Set your replay to EXTRA BALL and set a replay value of something higher than your average game. Voila, earnable extra ball.

This has helped me curb my yearning for an earnable extra ball in my Tron PRO.

Quoted from coz6:

darn it - some reason I thought it was version 1.6 grrrr..... Oh well still excited first NIB purchase even if its not perfect.

#559 11 years ago

Too bad that we're seeing today that it appears that a good chunk of these were bought for no reason other than to speculate and make a quick buck.

#560 11 years ago

Not me...I have $2k in mods sitting waiting for it to arrive!

#561 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Too bad that we're seeing today that it appears that a good chunk of these were bought for no reason other than to speculate and make a quick buck.

What's the deal with these? Are distros completely sold out of both runs? I thought I saw JJ still had some for November's batch. I have no problem with the market dictating the price but not sure who would buy a marked up one when they are still available direct for $4-500 cheaper when you factor in shipping.

#562 11 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

not sure who would buy a marked up one when they are still available direct for $4-500 cheaper when you factor in shipping.

Gone fishing?

Mine is certainly not for speculation; it's for playing.

#563 11 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

What's the deal with these? Are distros completely sold out of both runs? I thought I saw JJ still had some for November's batch. I have no problem with the market dictating the price but not sure who would buy a marked up one when they are still available direct for $4-500 cheaper when you factor in shipping.

I don't know. If I had the money to get one I'd have already put down a deposit. I figured they were all sold out, both just by estimating demand and by the fact that rumors are that some distros are getting their allotments cut, etc etc...

#564 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Where do you see that. Everyone I know that is buying is doing so to play. I know 3 buyers and not one of them is keeping it in the box.

#565 11 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tron-pro-nib-w-3d-translite Sold already.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-tron-pro-with-shaker-motor-mi-5375 I may be wrong on this one, to be fair. Just says it's from the "latest run" so to me, that would mean the 2d translite run...

#566 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Now it looks like PBL is sold out of the shakers again

What did you expect after you posted it here?

#567 11 years ago

Today is Columbus Day !! Is Stern Closed ? I know Most of the Federal Business are ( mail , Banks )

#568 11 years ago
Quoted from justjoe13:

Cointaker was cheaper than that.. but I have heard stories of some places selling a "spot", getting your down payment.. and then .. OOps, we didn't really have one to sell you... sorry.
Still have to wait to hear about the status of mine.

Happened to me earlier this year before a member here hooked me up with my Tron. Took a while to get the money refunded but all worked out in the end. Lessoned learned, always go with a trusted seller!

#569 11 years ago

Where do you buy a re-run tron from been looking for hours

#570 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Stern distributors sell them, but they have to order it since they will likely be limited to 200 and the demand is fairly high.

#571 11 years ago

Game Exchange is where I got my game - he said 6 days ago he still had some for the November run. He posted in this thread just take a look and send him a PM

#572 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Today is Columbus Day !! Is Stern Closed ? I know Most of the Federal Business are ( mail , Banks )

I am also curious...mine was supposed to ship today and I havent heard a peep but the day is not over yet. Come to papa.

#573 11 years ago

I think (hope) mine is supposed to ship this week... /crosses fingers

#574 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Gameroom Guys have 5 coming for 5K shipped.

ebay.com link: itm

Decent price for ebay and they might go cheaper if you contact them directly.

#575 11 years ago

TRON – is a real mixed bag of good and bad

here are my thoughts. Like your input, I am not a hater, just an analyst.

– available NIB right NOW from an additional couple runs. That shows it is desired by others or they would not be running more. Tempting. Tron came out in 2011, so it is not that old really.
The sound and theme are good
It is (or can be) a very pretty pin. I think it is the looks and sounds more than the game play that attracts people.
(issue is that it is not an LE) - which the main thing is the lighted ramps. That is the real draw. The lighted ramps are very theme related. Missing that, it is not as good. Clearly.
From pinside: LE has lit ramps, drop targets, silver artwork on playfield, LED's in inserts, moving recognizer, chrome package, daft punk multiball,
New pro gets - crappy latches, PEGS NOT RAILS UNDER THE PLAYFIELD! Red LED Dot Matrix.
The LE has TRON DROP targets. The pro has standups.
LE’s are crazy expensive – only due to relative scarcity! Only 400 made worldwide. If half are US, that is only 200 in the US. So, 4 per state. Yikes. I don’t think anyone will sell theirs.
People are always talking about lighted ramps. Not on the Pro.
Pro is missing a mode – Daft Punk – that’s game play that is missing
Nice mods are available, like the Tron Video game thing (which is awesome), and the flynns arcade sign, those colored pops and pinbits dress up kit.
However, the most important mod is the ramp lighting. Someone is making that right now. And he said it would be in the 400 cost range. So that is some big bucks for lights! I would say if that became available, it would be like having the LE without Daft Punk. So,
If you don’t have the lighted ramps, it is really a lesser pin
“More style than substance”
“Simple layout”
Since it has a movie DMD that knocks it down another notch. PLUS it has that 1/3 to 2/3 Display!
There are complaints about not getting extra balls. (that seems pretty serious)
The next run does not have the 3D back glass, and has that group of men (women smaller) with that faceless CLU character that is sort of plain looking. Another hit on its desirability.
And yet, still popular.

#576 11 years ago

And yet, still fun to play.

#577 11 years ago

Just set the replay credit to extra balls at a couple of scores if extra ball is desired.

#578 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

TRON – is a real mixed bag of good and bad
here are my thoughts. Like your input, I am not a hater, just an analyst.
– available NIB right NOW from an additional couple runs. That shows it is desired by others or they would not be running more. Tempting. Tron came out in 2011, so it is not that old really.
The sound and theme are good
It is (or can be) a very pretty pin. I think it is the looks and sounds more than the game play that attracts people.
(issue is that it is not an LE) - which the main thing is the lighted ramps. That is the real draw. The lighted ramps are very theme related. Missing that, it is not as good. Clearly.
From pinside: LE has lit ramps, drop targets, silver artwork on playfield, LED's in inserts, moving recognizer, chrome package, daft punk multiball,
New pro gets - crappy latches, PEGS NOT RAILS UNDER THE PLAYFIELD! Red LED Dot Matrix.
The LE has TRON DROP targets. The pro has standups.
LE’s are crazy expensive – only due to relative scarcity! Only 400 made worldwide. If half are US, that is only 200 in the US. So, 4 per state. Yikes. I don’t think anyone will sell theirs.
People are always talking about lighted ramps. Not on the Pro.
Pro is missing a mode – Daft Punk – that’s game play that is missing
Nice mods are available, like the Tron Video game thing (which is awesome), and the flynns arcade sign, those colored pops and pinbits dress up kit.
However, the most important mod is the ramp lighting. Someone is making that right now. And he said it would be in the 400 cost range. So that is some big bucks for lights! I would say if that became available, it would be like having the LE without Daft Punk. So,
If you don’t have the lighted ramps, it is really a lesser pin
“More style than substance”
“Simple layout”
Since it has a movie DMD that knocks it down another notch. PLUS it has that 1/3 to 2/3 Display!
There are complaints about not getting extra balls. (that seems pretty serious)
The next run does not have the 3D back glass, and has that group of men (women smaller) with that faceless CLU character that is sort of plain looking. Another hit on its desirability.
And yet, still popular.

Hmmm. So the flow and speed of the game has nothing to do with anything?

Both models, then, have a good theme, excellent art package, great sound, good rules (perhaps not deep though), and well lauded flow and speed, yes? What was the issue again?

#579 11 years ago

Add to its benefits that it has flow and speed then.

#580 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Okay, yet I am honestly curious and not arguing against your position. However what more would you like in a pin besides a good theme, excellent art package, great sound, good rules, flow, and speed? Is this not at least some substance or is it still "more style than substance”?

#581 11 years ago

Maybe some more complexity (depth), better dots, less add-ons required to make it "right".
Not being in the shadow of the LE. I think this addtional run may also drop the price of the 2nd hand market for the pro.

#582 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Not me...I have $2k in mods sitting waiting for it to arrive!

This is what I mean by mods to make it right. Care to break that down?

#583 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Maybe some more complexity (depth), better dots, less add-ons required to make it "right".
Not being in The Shadow of the LE. I think this addtional run may also drop the price of the 2nd hand market for the pro.

Yes, I like depth as well which is why I noted this in my first post the potential lack of depth in TRON. Sometimes, though, depth is not what one might be after (LoTR or TSPP might fit that bill) and just playing a fun and beautiful pin might be.

I am also curious about the future prices of both the TRON LE and Pro. The LE has had an astronomical increase while the Pro has seemed to level off. Most DMD pins have not really depreciated in price, though, and I would be surprised if TRON Pro does. As noted, we shall see and I am not saying you are incorrect as I do not know what will happen. Interesting either way.

Quoted from Propaganda:

This is what I mean by mods to make it right. Care to break that down?

I cannot say for anyone else but for my TRON Pro I have ~$5340 in the machine itself before the ~$400 fiber optic mod when it is released (and this includes shaker motor kit, Flipper Fidelity speakers and subwoofer, full LEDs, TRON arcade mod v.2, Hallmark cycles, etched lightcycle topper, recognizer mod, Cliffys, etc.). For me ~$5740, with the fiber optic mod, is a far cry from ~$8500+ for an LE if I bought one now. However, if one is comparing this Pro to the original selling price of an LE then I would think that different.

Again, just different views thus no worries...

#584 11 years ago

What a silly argument. If you have a Tron or have played it you fall in love. Who cares about the values and the mods are just extra fun and adoration for the coolest toy. If someone is not on board just let him go away and enjoy the game ..I do!

#585 11 years ago

Also a silly argument as if

Quoted from Propaganda:

What's the problem, you are saying no pin is perfect, in fact TZ one of the top rated pins of all time, has flaws such as it could take mods, it's not cheap, etc...

What's the problem? If you are suggesting you can get two older pins for the cost of one nib than do so if you wish no one is stopping you. If you are saying Tron pro is not as good as Tron LE or as good as MM you are missing the discount that a Tron Pro costs half the price of those pins so what do you expect?

If you dislike Tron or think its not a good value than buy something else or don't. I did not hear you say what new pin is better for $4700 or that in the future Tron will be looked for by buyers much like any A/B list pin is and will sell for a good price likely.

#586 11 years ago

Almost all the mods would be needed on an LE as well (assuming you are into them), with the exception of the ramps. So the price difference between the 2 is pretty significant.

Putting the mods in is all part of the fun of owning Tron. So it is not a negative as far as I'm concerned.

#587 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I am also curious...mine was supposed to ship today and I havent heard a peep but the day is not over yet. Come to papa.

My dist- called me yesterday and said my Tron should arrive Thurs- ( Oct 11th ) I have No E-mail say-n so from the shipper yet ,, W/ AC/DC I had an E-mail several days ahead ..

#588 11 years ago

#589 11 years ago

I just got another TRON LE last week. Worst pinball mistake I ever made was selling the first one. This one had been in storage and only opened for the first time in July 2012, so it is immaculate. But it had absolutely no mods. I have so far installed:

CT LEDs in GI & Flashers
Flipper Fidelity Sub
Kimball's Pinballs Recognizer Mod
Kimball's Pinballs Backbox LED mod v.2
Pinhacks v.2 Arcade Mod
Cliffy Ramp Protectors
Mantis Scoop Protector
Pinball Customs Target Bank Decal
Laseriffic Topper
Diecast 1-man, 3-man, Flynn's Cycle and Quora Car Vehicles
Draino's Black Mirror Blades

Still need to add a shaker, blue DMD and Invisiglass.

#590 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I think (hope) mine is supposed to ship this week... /crosses fingers

Confirmed delivery for Thursday morning! Pretty stoked......

#591 11 years ago

@gambit3113, I have a few questions for you:
* What CoinTaker GI/Flashers did you install?
* Why both the Mantis and Cliffy scoop protectors?
* Is Invisiglass worth it?

#592 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

No I still have some for November

JJ do you still have some of these inbound? Shoot me a PM...

#593 11 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

@gambit3113, I have a few questions for you:
* What CoinTaker GI/Flashers did you install?
* Why both the Mantis and Cliffy scoop protectors?
* Is Invisiglass worth it?

Cointaker Super 44s for the GI. 4 Blue under the right sling and ball guide. 4 Orange under the left sling and ball guide. Cool Whites everywhere else.

The Cliffy portectors are the Ramp Protectors. The Mantis is the Scoop Protector. Also installed the Cliffy Shooter Lane Protector.

I love Invisiglass. It is a ton of money for glass, but looks amazing. TRON LE needs it more than any other game, IMO - because you have a ton of light reflecting from above and below in that game.

#594 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Cointaker Super 44s for the GI. 4 Blue under the right sling and ball guide. 4 Orange under the left sling and ball guide. Cool Whites everywhere else.
The Cliffy portectors are the Ramp Protectors. The Mantis is the Scoop Protector. Also installed the Cliffy Shooter Lane Protector.
I love Invisiglass. It is a ton of money for glass, but looks amazing. TRON LE needs it more than any other game, IMO - because you have a ton of light reflecting from above and below in that game.

Dang! I was afraid of that! Ah, well, I will have to save up and get a sheet of invisiglass for my Pro then...

#595 11 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

Dang! I was afraid of that! Ah, well, I will have to save up and get a sheet of invisiglass for my Pro then...

If you are doing the ramp light mod to the Pro, I think it is extremely beneficial. Lots of light coming off that PF.

#596 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If you are doing the ramp light mod to the Pro, I think it is extremely beneficial. Lots of light coming off that PF.

Yep. I am hoping to to add the ramp light mod. Well, I may move the one sheet of invisiglass I have from my AFM to my Pro when the fiber optic mod is released.

#597 11 years ago
Quoted from wescor97:

JJ do you still have some of these inbound? Shoot me a PM...

Why not call or at least PM him? Expecting him to read this thread is a bit passive, IMO.

#598 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

My dist- called me yesterday and said my Tron should arrive Thurs- ( Oct 11th ) I have No E-mail say-n so from the shipper yet ,, W/ AC/DC I had an E-mail several days ahead ..

I would guess that the shipper will call you and set up a delivery window. That is how my two pins were delivered, but each shipper is different.

#599 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Why not call or at least PM him? Expecting him to read this thread is a bit passive, IMO.

Herg,
Great observation. I have 15 pins jammed into space for 14. The second i'm not passive, I have to unload something I want to keep. It sucks to be out of real estate. Oh, and I bet he will read the full balance of this thread.

#600 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Still need to add a shaker, blue DMD and Invisiglass.

What, no Pinbits plastic set and pop bumper kits? Come on dude! This video shows both, among some other mods.

Pappy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.