Topic Stats

• 1,115 posts
  • 183 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gorgar1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

audio.JPG
TJWkv.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4603.JPG
IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4601.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG

There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Automakers keep tight price controls on their distributors via MSRP. Stern needs to do the same.

I still don't understand the "need" to fix prices, "desire" is a better word. Would Stern's products be thought of as lesser quality if they sold at $4200 vs $4700? No...they have literally no outside competition at that price point. The only competition going on is amongst distributors, so this pricing floor appears to be driven more by some distributors begging Stern for minimum profit margins to offset competition pressures.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think you need to find another Powdercoater. My Powdercoater charges me $100 New Zealand dollars to do a job like that.
Dave.

Assuming the parts are raw and its a single stage powder yeah $100 is achievable. If they need to be stripped, then no.

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

You need the GasBuddy app...

Meh. I won't drive 15 miles to save $.03 per gallon. The game is rigged. Just pull in and pay them what they want.

OT my buddy has a diesel Jetta that he pulls 48-50 mpg out of. Not too bad!

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think you need to find another Powdercoater. My Powdercoater charges me $100 New Zealand dollars to do a job like that.
Dave.

How about You have a set done for me and send them over and I'll pay you for them. Shipping should be cheap.

I don't know what happens over in NZ but that price is not realistic here in the US unless it's your best friend doing it for you.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just for those who are interested, I took a picture of a TRON in France at Xmas time with the red LED display. I think it looks really good and suited the game great.
Dave

Hi - where was it ?

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Hi - where was it ?

The Tron was at Dream Castle Hotel by EuroDisney.

All the hotels around EuroDisney had plenty of new Sterns.

Most of them were very dirty, some of them needed attention.

The Tron was filthy dirty too, but played well.

Dave.

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

How about You have a set done for me and send them over and I'll pay you for them. Shipping should be cheap.
I don't know what happens over in NZ but that price is not realistic here in the US unless it's your best friend doing it for you.

Single stage powder on Raw parts? Yes 100 is doable.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Single stage powder on Raw parts? Yes 100 is doable.

In California? I doubt it. Shipping these items across the country both ways would be cost prohibitive.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Meh. I won't drive 15 miles to save $.03 per gallon.

I wouldn't either. But it shows me I can save $.10+/gallon by buying gas near my work instead of near my home.

1 week later
#460 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm if these are being built yet?

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

Can anyone confirm if these are being built yet?

Yea ,, It's Oct 3rd , they should be Roll-n off the assembly lines ....

#462 7 years ago

are all the new runs sold out at distribution level?

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

are all the new runs sold out at distribution level?

No I still have some for November

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I bought a Canadian closeout WOF....but I heard they got chewed out for doing that, as it devalued all the other distributors who had stock of those games.

Jack is who flipped his wig over this if i remember right. Because at the time he was Sterns largest us distro.

#465 7 years ago

I heard today Oct 4th that Stern has Tron Pro's being assembled on the Lines ... I'm Stoaked !!!

#466 7 years ago

Are talking about AC DC or Tron : )

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Are talking about AC DC or Tron : )

This is a Tron Thread man What are you Smoke-n

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I heard today Oct 4th that Stern has Tron Pro's being assembled on the Lines ... I'm Stoaked !!!

Indeed, get those bad boys out to us pinheads Stern! Glad they decided to do a few runs.

#469 7 years ago

flux pavillion ftw

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yeah. I got a call from JJ saying Stern moved them up a couple weeks, asking for the remaining balance on mine.

I was also wondering, was it ever confirmed if these will have the leg plates already installed?

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

was it ever confirmed if these will have the leg plates already installed

I thought so. My money was sent yesterday....pumped for #2 NIB this year soon

#472 7 years ago

BR just messing with you

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I thought so. My money was sent yesterday....pumped for #2 NIB this year soon

It would be Great if All the NIB Stern pins would have this as a Permanent feature !!

# 2 NIB for 2012 as 4 me also ... * I feel Good *

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

It would be Great if All the NIB Stern pins would have this as a Permanent feature !!
# 2 NIB for 2012 as 4 me also ... * I feel Good *
» YouTube video

I'm as cool as BR now. This is #2 this year for me. Same games as BR. Maybe I'm a little cooler than him since I still have my ACDC Premium. J/K, BR.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

I'm as cool as BR now. This is #2 this year for me. Same games as BR. Maybe I'm a little cooler than him since I still have my ACDC Premium. J/K, BR.

Rock On treborlicec ,, I Want to Own and Play'em All !! Then make Someone's Else's day !!!

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I was also wondering, was it ever confirmed if these will have the leg plates already installed?

I think the leg plates will be standard on all new Stern releases. X-Men Pro has them and I can't see why they wouldn't put them on all of them. They prevent damage to decals and make the pins feel much more solid. Great design hope they include them on all releases IMO they are a must.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I think the leg plates will be standard on all new Stern releases. X-Men Pro has them and I can't see why they wouldn't put them on all of them. They prevent damage to decals and make the pins feel much more solid. Great design hope they include them on all releases IMO they are a must.

Yeah, it makes sense for them to include them rather than be sending out free decal sets to pissed off homeowners.

#478 7 years ago

Just got shipping confirmation for Tron! Should be here next week. Can't wait!

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Just got shipping confirmation for Tron! Should be here next week. Can't wait!

Looks like we are finally starting to get tracking info sent to us.

Just got mine my shipping confirmation as well for next week.

#480 7 years ago

I haven't heard anything yet on my Purchase !!!

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from drbond:

Just got mine my shipping confirmation as well for next week

Me Too!! Wooo hooo!

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

JJ!! Use JJ ; )

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

You got in for the October run, black_rose? Keep checking your email today. Some of the machines started their transport sometime yesterday according to the tracking info, and I imagine will continue to start shipping today for some orders (in order to go out before the weekend hits).

#484 7 years ago

This is my first NIB, and I'm shocked at how fast this happens once the ball starts rolling. I just sent my check for the remaining balance to JJ yesterday! FWIW, I don't have a shipping confirmation yet.

#485 7 years ago

I think that Stern had most of the parts for TRON on hand, but had a shortage of the 3D backglass and orange DMD. They had the 2D backglass made and are using the in stock red LED displays so it is mostly just a matter of building the games.

#486 7 years ago

I'm still crossing my fingers for nos totally cured playfields for this run.

#487 7 years ago

tron le was my first nib purchase (from trent). love mine, will never sell it, such a great pin!

really stoked for all you guys getting in on this last run. cant wait to see some pics of the new tron pros. post lots of pics once you get yours herg/black rose.

looking forward to seeing those new 2D translites all lit up

Quoted from herg:

This is my first NIB, and I'm shocked at how fast this happens once the ball starts rolling. I just sent my check for the remaining balance to JJ yesterday! FWIW, I don't have a shipping confirmation yet.

#488 7 years ago

This is my first NIB purchase - I have seen the golf balls in the wild - I don't agree that its normal, or that they will even out in years. what should I do - or just pray?

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

This is my first NIB purchase - I have seen the golf balls in the wild - I don't agree that its normal, or that they will even out in years. what should I do - or just pray?

Dimples are going to happen. I got my TSPP new, but it was a layaway. Built 8 months before I opened it. Still got dimples. I have owned the game nearly 8 years. PF looks fine. You can see the dimples turn into an orange peel look as you get more and more of them. That is why alot of 90's games have an orange peel look.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Dimples are going to happen. I got my TSPP new, but it was a layaway. Built 8 months before I opened it. Still got dimples. I have owned the game nearly 8 years. PF looks fine. You can see the dimples turn into an orange peel look as you get more and more of them. That is why alot of 90's games have an orange peel look.

While I agree with that, you would hope techniques would have improved since the 90's...

#491 7 years ago

Is anyone Gonna install a Blue Led display in their Tron ? I have a lead on a Supplier , the More I buy the CHEAPER they are .. I want 1 for Sure !!!!!!

I'm assuming the Red Led display Tron is coming w/ is the same 1 as in AC/DC , Are the connections and Voltage the same ?

Texas_Pinball_Festival_007.JPG Texas_Pinball_Festival_027.JPG Texas_Pinball_Festival_006.JPG

#492 7 years ago

I would love to have a blue DMD, but the $400 they cost is prohibitive for me right now. Maybe in the future...

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I have a lead on a Supplier , the More I buy the CHEAPER they are .. I want 1 for Sure

I would possibly be interested depending on what they would run

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

While I agree with that, you would hope techniques would have improved since the 90's...

All games dimple until every wood fiber is mashed down and it looks even across the playfield.

Even Cliffy protectors dimple under the VUK and they are made of steel that is thicker than most clear coats.

#495 7 years ago

B_R, LED displays should be compatible from one game to the next.

Only thing to consider is that if it came factory with LED, it probably can't be fitted with a gas plasma display as they require High Voltage that to my understanding is not on games that come from the factory with LED's.

#496 7 years ago

I guess the visible grid on the LED displays will be ok since the whole game takes place on "The Grid".

#497 7 years ago

What's the price for one of these new Trons shipped?

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Is anyone Gonna install a Blue Led display in their Tron ?

Yep. I ordered one. Just couldnt resist.

#499 7 years ago

Edit: 4-now .

Never mind ,, It's worked Out !!!

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

What would you improve? You pretty much either have to redesign trees to make wood in a different and harder way, or you have to take away the steel ball.

Buy a pinball, pick *anything*, and drop it from a couple feet up onto whatever it is that you picked. Your material will either break or dimple. You'd have to remove the pinball from the game to stop this from happening.

And, for the record, my VND which actually doesn't exactly use pinballs was all dimply when I got it too, and it was low mileage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 1115 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside