Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Here is a Pinside email that I received yesterday (9/30):

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/68292

Hi Alan! My name is [removed] and I am certain that this is the pinball machine from my Father's Trust. I grew up with this machine and it is very important to me. This was never supposed to be sold, I am heartbroken to see this on the market. My sister has mismanaged the assets of my Father's Trust and there is an open court case. My father was a notable man building many of the machines at The House On The Rock. His nickname was "TheWizard" or just "Wiz" because of this machine. Here is his obituary. https://thedodgevillechronicle.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&ArticleID=7249

I am certain this is the same machine due to the ugly red touch up paint (not his doing!) and the time it came on the market. I am determined to get this machine back to Wisconsin. My question is, will you hold it for me until I can come get it? Also, is shipping it a possibility? I need to figure out if I should drive it back myself or have it shipped to Wisconsin. My cell is 608-[removed] if you would like to talk. I am really hoping you will work with me, and looking forward to your response.
Thank you!
[removed]

The machine in question has spent it's entire life in Maryland and has been home used since 1980.

Is this a new scam? Or is this guy a complete idiot to think that I would let him just stop by and "pick it up"?

Follow up or ignore?

#11 5 years ago

I replied to him asking for the serial number which they should have if it's part of an estate.

I also asked for pics.

I told him that, like Dr. Ford, he is mistaken, after all, Bally made 10,005 of these things.

But I told him if he wanted to bring $950 cash (used US bills), to my house (NO shipping), he should bring three big guys to schlep this anchor up my basement stairs.

I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the input.

#21 5 years ago

The guy finally replied and apologized for the first email. He said that he after my reply he compared the pics of his game to mine and they were very different.

Probably would have been better if he had done that in the first place, but, all's well that ends well. Case closed. Thanks for the input.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-scam-to-me-from-a-pinsider?tu=Alan_L and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.