6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jared
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1229834_10151861059784516_645858259_n..jpg

#1 6 years ago

So this is not really an event, but I could not find a more appropriate place to post this.

There is a new place in DFW to play pinball, and it's called "Main Stage Live". Its off Preston road in far north Dallas.

The owner is a operator who has pins out all over the state. He just bought the bar 30 days ago and is in the process of re-branding and remodeling it. He has moved in several of his pins, and promises to more more in as time goes on. So far we have:

-Twilight Zone
    -Addams Family
    -Metallica Premium
    -Corvette

All the games are on FREE PLAY.

The hours are:
    Wednesday-Saturday 6pm-2am

Address:
    17449 Preston Rd. Dallas, TX 75252
    (214) 377-8330

Ages:
    18+

There is no charge to get in UNLESS there is a large band playing. Check their facebook or all ahead to see. I would suggest going in to play on Wednesday or Thursday night to make sure there will be no live band to distract you.

In the next 30 days the owner has committed to bringing in 5+ more pins to add to these 4. He hopes to host pinball nights, IFPA tournaments, and meet & greets. He has promised a $100 cash prize to the winner of a yet to be organized tournament. This guy is a real pinhead, just not really social media or net savvy. This is why I am making this post on his behalf.

I hope you all decide to stop in, have a drink, and play some free pinball.

1229834_10151861059784516_645858259_n..jpg

#2 6 years ago

This is perfect. In Dallas today visiting from Omaha to see my newborn grandson. Free pinball!!!!! What more could you ask for. I plan on going tonight, it is only about ten minutes from my hotel. Thanks for the heads up.

#4 6 years ago

I'm all for more local IFPA tourneys. I still want to get over to this place but gotta find a time to do it without the kids. Jennifer may have to wear a gas mask if smoking is allowed inside. Pretty sure "bar" rules in Dallas still allow it if their percentage of sales of alcohol is over a certain margin, right?

Can you have an IFPA tourney inside an age-restricted venue? I know there's at least two under-18 players locally that are in the top 2500. I know if it's a "league" as opposed to a "tournament", it can be held pretty much wherever, and it sounds like he's going to have multiple events, so might be classified that way by IFPA anyways. Technicalities, lol.

Good to know about wed/thursday nights.... I can't deal with Icy Hot Stuntaz The Band, but I'll be happy to buy a drink or two with the games on freeplay.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm all for more local IFPA tourneys. I still want to get over to this place but gotta find a time to do it without the kids. Jennifer may have to wear a gas mask if smoking is allowed inside. Pretty sure "bar" rules in Dallas still allow it if their percentage of sales of alcohol is over a certain margin, right?
    Can you have an IFPA tourney inside an age-restricted venue? I know there's at least two under-18 players locally that are in the top 2500. I know if it's a "league" as opposed to a "tournament", it can be held pretty much wherever, and it sounds like he's going to have multiple events, so might be classified that way by IFPA anyways. Technicalities, lol.
    Good to know about wed/thursday nights.... I can't deal with Icy Hot Stuntaz The Band, but I'll be happy to buy a drink or two with the games on freeplay.

No smoking allowed inside. The owner said he would never let his pins be in an environment where smoke was around.

Not sure on IFPA, I think you are right that everyone has to be allowed...

The winning combo here is to come on a week-night with no band playing, enjoy a relaxed atmosphere with cheap drinks at a bar and play some pinball. The downside is that many players have kids and there is no way really to easily accommodate them.

I am very interested into what his other 5 pins will be that he has pledged to add in the coming weeks.

#6 6 years ago

Okay, that's pretty impressive. I can deal with smoke, doesn't bother me that much, but it's like anathema to Jennifer, heh. Cool.

I haven't played MET Premium or Corvette before, and I haven't made a serious attempt at playing AF...um...ever. I guess I should learn it just for tourney reasons but man I really hate that game's callouts lol.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

No smoking allowed inside. The owner said he would never let his pins be in an environment where smoke was around.
    Not sure on IFPA, I think you are right that everyone has to be allowed...
    The winning combo here is to come on a week-night with no band playing, enjoy a relaxed atmosphere with cheap drinks at a bar and play some pinball. The downside is that many players have kids and there is no way really to easily accommodate them.
    I am very interested into what his other 5 pins will be that he has pledged to add in the coming weeks.

On the age limit, it depends on if the bar is actually in dallas city limits or in Plano. Looking at google maps, I think it's technically in Plano. Frisco and Plano seem to allow bars to be treated as restaraunts until 9 pm. This is nice because you can bring your kids to dinner at Holy Grail for some shepards pie. At 9, they become age-restricted to 18+ for entry and 21+ to drink (at the most lax. Most bars voluntarily are 21+ only after 9).

Not sure about laws for dallas city limits, but then again the owner has the right to set whatever policies he wants.

I know my wife and I will most surely be stopping in for a few beers.

#8 6 years ago

So tonight's is Thursday and they show on Facebook that there is a band tonight. I guess I am out of luck tonight.

#9 6 years ago

I hope you guys are entering all this great data on the Pinside map. It would be very helpful, especially now that some are trying to tie some cell phone apps to the map data.

It helps Pinside to keep that map data current. Thanks!

#10 6 years ago

Come on man....

I added it before I even made the thread.

I have added 7 new locations to the DFW pineapple and am pretty anal about keeping it current.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.00
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 289.00
    $ 28.00
    Lighting - Led
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 19.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside