Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bumgahdna
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

The current rating system is unfairly biased towards older games it seems. There needs to be a yearly voting score or perhaps a weighting system dependant on age. Jmo

Cheers! Brad

#2 8 years ago

Or how about having p insiders reevaluate their rating every three years or so?

#3 8 years ago

BS there are way to many new crap games in the list

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

BS there are way to many new crap games in the list

Agreed. Every turd that comes out seemingly automatically makes its way into the top 50

Not a bad idea to reevaluate, my old ratings aren't really all that acurate after playing a wider variety of games

#5 8 years ago

Anyone know when the rating system started?

Is twilight zone really the best game out there or did it get 15 years of high ratings before (enter your favorite new game here) even existed?

I ask because I'm newer to pinball a would have liked to use this as a general guide on pin quality. I'm just assessing it's accuracy of current rating.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from bumgahdna:

I ask because I'm newer to pinball...

So new to the game, mentioning the same old shit, and stirring up trouble eh?

Oh never mind, that sounds like a lifetime member

But honestly, just get over it.

#7 8 years ago

Older games that are in the top have passed the test of time instead of just being the newest game that people are excited about.

#8 8 years ago

Disagree. The list is generally pretty decent IMO. Not a bible, but a guide.

#9 8 years ago

I know the old games are great. That's obvious here. What's not obvious is how good the newer games are. Thanks for the input guys. How about a rating system for games less than 5 years old?

#10 8 years ago

You people get so bent around the axle over that rating system. I am more interested in people's comments than the rating itself. Caucasion2step's reviews are some of the best in that regard.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from bumgahdna:

I know the old games are great. That's obvious here. What's not obvious is how good the newer games are. Thanks for the input guys. How about a rating system for games less than 5 years old?

Just click on "various" and then sort by decade. The problem with the current system is that its biased in favor of dmd era games. Why is a turd like Junkyard rated above classics like Centaur, Pinbot, Space Shuttle, and High Speed? That would be like if they made a list of the top 100 quarterbacks and put Jay Cutler above Joe Montana. They should probably just make the top 100 dmd only and then have a top 100 non DMD solid-state.

#12 8 years ago

I do wish they could redo the rankings as its the only way I know which games to buy.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I do wish they could redo the rankings as its the only way I know which games to buy.

logic again.......how the hell did I end up w a tronle instead of a SS? must be an idiot, I guess.....

#14 8 years ago

I glance over there every now and then, but it's actually pretty predictable.......some titles (TZ, MM) just deserve it because not only stand the test of time, but are actually still fun to play.....most of the newer ones are either 1's or 10's.....I try to vote "11" for all my games, but can't seem to break the code yet.....

#15 8 years ago

The em top 100 is all over the place, and we haven't seen anything new since the late 1970's.

#16 8 years ago

MikeS that's what I wanted roughly. Thanks for pointing that out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-pinball-rating-system and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.