Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

That's absolute bullshit that the township "didn't know about the fish fries and brunches". I've lived in the Hamburg area for over 10 years. They chose to look the other way and understandably so as the VFW was trying to stay open with the revenue.

Politicians....jeez.

#52 10 years ago

Double post...

#53 10 years ago

I'd have to imagine once you are opened, and the dust settles, and the curiosity from the town is over, you could do just about anything short of hanging a neon "open" sign 7 days a week.

#54 10 years ago

Wow! Two days in and we're well on our way to our goal! Thank you all so much for your help with this project, both financially and from the supportive comments. I'm so glad to be a part of this great pinball community, and especially all of the fantastic folks here on Pinside.

Just remember, anything over our goal will go towards other improvements than the roof. If you check out the website, www.vfwpinball.com, you can see that we're tearing down a couple of walls and re-doing some drywall and flooring. Every little bit helps....

Thanks,
    Eric V.

#55 10 years ago

I was just out there tonight. The place will be awesome when it is finished. Clay really wants to do it up right. Now they are working on making more open space. Some paint and it will be really nice.

#56 10 years ago

thx for sharing, sounds great and congrats.

#57 10 years ago

Wow came a long way in a short time. Great to see so much support.

#58 10 years ago

I see the goal was met today, but judging by the pictures of demolition, one would think a few extra bucks couldn't hurt! bump!

#59 10 years ago

Looks like 1 more big backer finished it up way to go!

Quoted from stashyboy:one would think a few extra bucks couldn't hurt! bump!
    They will use all they can get. I hope to give more in the next few weeks.

A big thanks to all you outsiders helping out on this for all of us that live here in Michigan.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Another thread on this topic has more details; basically, the city will only let him be open that much (same for PAPA!).
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/clay-and-ann-arbor-pinball-museum
    I guess they are just not "zoned" for commercial use; I wonder if the owners of either have thought about applying for a SUP, though. Are these heavily residential areas?

So make it a club... like the VFW. I'm sure they got to be open more than 4 days a year. The VFW club near me serves lunch every day for members.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Thank you all for your comments and support!
    i'm hoping more michigan guys will do the kickstarter thing, since clearly this venue benefits them the most. But i'm amazed by the outside-the-area support we've been receiving. It truly is humbling that so many people whom don't live even close have contributed. Thank you all again!

It's karma Clay. Wish I was closer. Probably never make it there. But for all you have done for the community, we all should be donating.

Good luck with it and with your new house.

#62 10 years ago

I'm so happy to see that the Kickstarter project is funded and there's still many days left! Can't wait for the grand opening. Thanks Clay!

#63 10 years ago

Just added to the Kickstarter total. Sure they can use the $.
    Glad to see there's significant progress already.

#64 10 years ago

I'll be adding my 2 cents worth to the campaign soon. Will there be another chance to re-up again after May 2014?

#65 10 years ago

Yes of course everything has to have a time limit, especially Kickstarter rewards. Because there's a firm delivery date required and hence an ending date too. They can't be open ended.

Things are progressing. This week the new drywall should be up and i hope next weekend painted. Some new flooring needs to be installed too, which should be next week.

Starting to get more Michigan kickstarter donations. that's a good thing as we were amiss at the low numbers of michigan people getting involved. The point that is largely missed is that since the township locked us at public openings four weekends a year, the best way to get "private" and weekly visitation rights is to jump on the kickstarter program. So for michigan people, that's the best way to get involved.

The other challenge for the project is getting "traction" (as they say) in the pinball media. Meaning we really haven't been asked any "formal" questions by blogs or websites or other pinball related media. The reason we find this interesting is that we're for real, this IS happening, it's not some wild wide-scope dream. The pieces are coming in place nicely, and by sometime in September, it will be a functional pinball museum.

#66 10 years ago

Have you tried to distribute a press release to media outlets? Especially pinball-related sites and blogs, they'll take what you write and copy/paste it in their news feeds.

#67 10 years ago

The local media has been all over it! at the township media a local radio station was there, and put it on the AP wire. if you googled "green oaks pinball museum" seven pages of unique news outlets showed they carried it. which we thought was pretty cool, everywhere from San Diego to Texas to Kansas City to Miami to Detroit. But that said, no pinball news blogs or websites have contacted us. We find that pretty interesting that the people whom are most effected, seem the least interested. It may just be the state of affairs now with everyone seemingly wanting to open a barcade or museum.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

It may just be the state of affairs now with everyone seemingly wanting to open a barcade or museum.

This has probably more to do with it than anything. even though it is a big country and you are putting this in a new region.

Good luck with everything.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-pinball-museum-pending-in-michigan/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.