6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by JoshuahJacobs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 months ago

Greetings Everyone,

I've started a new pinball podcast titled, This American Pinball. The scope and focus on the podcast are to talk to the community of pinball owners, operators, and enthusiasts and share the stories within our world under glass. You can find episodes on our website at www.thisamericanpinball.com or on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Google Play.

Joshuah Jacobs

#2 6 months ago

Will you talk about how you really feel about the games.....or are you going to have interviews with people in the industry....?!..............Joey

#3 6 months ago

When a game comes about that I like or dislike I will bear the truth on how I feel. As for interviewing people in the industry, it would be very rare. We already have enough podcasts that either talk about news or interview industry people. I am more interested in stories from the pinball community.

#4 6 months ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

When a game comes about that I like or dislike I will bear the truth on how I feel. As for interviewing people in the industry, it would be very rare. We already have enough podcasts that either talk about news or interview industry people. I am more interested in stories from the pinball community.

Isn’t Pinside the continuous 24/7 written story of pinball from enthusiasts, operators, and owners? Do you feel your podcast will open alternate new feedback?

#5 6 months ago

Subscribed. Thanks for podcasting.

#6 6 months ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Isn’t Pinside the continuous 24/7 written story of pinball from enthusiasts, operators, and owners? Do you feel your podcast will open alternate new feedback?

Yes, and to serve as another medium to engage in pinball stories. Truth be told, I am autistic, abet high functioning, and I have a hard time focusing on reading. My main method of learning is auditory, so I can do something with my hands, which keeps me locked in. Thank God for text to speech programs, or I would have never made through college. So, reading via a forum isn't my thing, and I am sure there may be others who may want to listen to stories while in the garage working on their pinball projects or driving to and from work. Thus, my goal is to create an entertaining podcast with engaging sound design elements that are similar to the style of traditional radio programs like This American Life.

#7 6 months ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Subscribed. Thanks for podcasting.

Thank you for subscribing.

#8 6 months ago

Hasn't popped up in my podcast app yet. Not sure what it uses for a search engine. Will keep any eye out for it tho (or figure out how to make it search one of the sites you listed).

Gave a quick listen on the web site - so far, so good!

#9 6 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Hasn't popped up in my podcast app yet. Not sure what it uses for a search engine. Will keep any eye out for it tho (or figure out how to make it search one of the sites you listed).
    Gave a quick listen on the web site - so far, so good!

Thank you, and which podcast app do you use, I will investigate why it isn't showing up.

#10 6 months ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

...which podcast app do you use...

Player FM (Android) I do have the option to add an apple url or an RSS feed.

#11 6 months ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Player FM (Android) I do have the option to add an apple url or an RSS feed.

Okay, here is the RSS feed:

https://www.thisamericanpinball.com/podcast?format=rss

Apple URL:

https://pcr.apple.com/id1485805621

#12 6 months ago

Got it. Thanks Josh!

#13 5 months ago

Listened to Episode 1 and your followup "mini-sode" and enjoyed them! I appreciate your podcast's creative style though some of the dead air segues are a bit long.

Now subscribed. Thanks!

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Listened to Episode 1 and your followup "mini-sode" and enjoyed them! I appreciate your podcast's creative style though some of the dead air segues are a bit long.
    Now subscribed. Thanks!

Thank you for giving the show a listen and subscribing. My podcasting background is in writing and narrating true-crime material, a far cry from pinball. Thus, I am still figuring out the style of narration. Initially, episode one was very straight-laced, very rehearsed, and tight. My buddy listened to the first demo and was like, "Dude, you have to loosen up a bit, it's pinball, have some fun with it." So, since then, that has been the goal to be more organic. It'll take a few to get the right cadence, but it will get there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 36.82
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Habos Arcade
    € 30.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 75.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 234.99
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 70.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside