(Topic ID: 215745)

A new EM

By mrm_4

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DC7DBD1E-383F-4D1F-AE34-D3395F9A0CAB (resized).jpeg
    4622D0C5-6EEF-4914-918C-371C9C30CD7F (resized).jpeg
    2529F910-073D-424F-978B-2823E8741694 (resized).jpeg
    4D397988-66B2-4416-AACD-067B382E17FB (resized).jpeg
    45C8CD8F-E6FA-4C7A-A74B-8AC3DE7121F6 (resized).jpeg
    73FC9E58-A407-4A6C-B41D-4CA070D4BB21 (resized).jpeg
    BEA20863-73B9-482E-9CF3-B32A2C0B092E (resized).jpeg
    966F6CD2-BB37-4A58-8CB8-6D34436D5E19 (resized).jpeg
    6CDD5FC2-BEFF-4BBF-96B9-550DDCAF611B (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6293 (resized).jpg
    000-pinskys4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago

Someone else is building new EMs:

http://backglass.org/williams/tlpdohw/expo2016/

Typhoon has been at the VFW pin museum since that Expo. The second game Firefly will be there for the show this weekend (assuming I finish it up in time, which I have to or Clay will kill me!), and then at Expo in the fall.

#27 5 years ago

Bingopodcast, PM me...

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

I'd love to see and play those games Duncan, but Allentown is the same weekend and Clay seems deadset against moving it.
    Do you have any plans to ever bring those games to any other shows?
    Thanks,
    Sean Kavanagh

Well if a game like Firefly starts out at the VFW just because of the timing when it was completed, I'm expecting Clay to drag it to the next Expo to give it a wider audience. So there's that. Once the stable of unmade Harry games gets a little bigger, I can see taking it on a tour of the big shows. I'm very much for getting these things as much exposure as possible.

ETA: I hope to have the third game (Red Arrow) done in time for this year's Expo too. The playfield is all cut and I have a donor game to build it into. We'll see if I get it done!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Might make sense for Duncan to coordinate with a trusted 'tour guide' for his
    implimentations of another's designs and thoughts. These games finished (full
    artwork package as well) or not need to be played, experienced and reviewed
    by the EM lords that frequent the shows around the US.
    This is the only way to justify long term the project to implement many or some
    of the better designs, to get peer review and considerations along with marveling
    at the 1000s of hours of dedication this man has put into a lot of game designs
    from one genius mind hidden from the world by another genius.

I hope you're not saying it should be done by committee? I don't do committees. I'm not a bullheaded jerk like Clay (I say that as a dear friend!), but I don't do committees. I'm the one pouring the tanker truck full of money and time into this project for no reason other than for the good of pinball history, so I'll be the one steering it along.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

So Duncan, is there any plan to put all these old designs in a book or on-line or IPDB or something where nerds like us could look through them? I know I would love to take a gander through them.

Jay is adding the info on them to ipdb as they come into existence. I should probably get him the drawings to add to those listings. I sometimes have "the binder" with me when I'm at Expo, and at their request I've made copies of that binder for a couple of pinball designers just so they could have Harry inspiration close at hand... but no, the plan is for these to be released to the world in fully-built fully-functional 3 dimensional form, not just trapped as drawings on paper like they have been for so many years.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-em?tu=frobozz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.