Kick Hole Detail (resized).JPG
Front Perpendicular (resized).JPG
IMG_1281 (resized).JPG
IMG_2916 (resized).JPG
20180418_120737_resized (resized).jpg
4D9CB88B-0D65-4F56-8CE6-463C8A426D02 (resized).jpeg
B3D82231-3599-46A2-B49C-918DF0F15682 (resized).jpeg
20171023_163430 (resized).jpg
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

nice job, my recent completed paint

20180418_120737_resized (resized).jpg20180418_120737_resized (resized).jpg

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Not quite. Still had the two blue stripes on the front. Webbing looks great!

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

That is indeed a beautiful webbing/paint job, Ken. You do outstanding work!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

After spraying the red tonight, I’m relieved to see the registration turned out right!

That cabinet is looking great. I think your choice of blue is pretty much spot on.

#56 5 years ago

Really nice, Ken!

1 month later
#57 5 years ago

I installed the coin door hardware a few days ago. If you zoom into the straight-on pic, you can see the serial number stamped below the coin door.

IMG_2916 (resized).JPGIMG_2916 (resized).JPG
IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I installed the coin door hardware a few days ago. If you zoom into the straight-on pic, you can see the serial number stamped below the coin door.

Dude! That thing looks freakin' brand spankin' new!

3 months later
#59 5 years ago

Finally done.

Front Perpendicular (resized).JPGFront Perpendicular (resized).JPG
Left Angle (resized).JPGLeft Angle (resized).JPG
Playfield Detail (resized).JPGPlayfield Detail (resized).JPG
Kick Hole Detail (resized).JPGKick Hole Detail (resized).JPG

#60 5 years ago

awesome work!!!

#61 5 years ago

Who did the playfield?

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

awesome work!!!

Thanks!

Quoted from brenna98:

Who did the playfield?

Gordon Morison.

It was NOS sourced from Ballyop, an eBay seller in Italy.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Thanks!

Gordon Morison.
It was NOS sourced from Ballyop, an eBay seller in Italy.

i think he was asking who cleared the pf not who did the art

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

who cleared the pf

both are good to know.

#65 5 years ago

It's probably the nicest one on planet Earth!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i think he was asking who cleared the pf not who did the art

Yeah, I was kidding with my reply.

Here’s the full story: another Pinsider actually bought this playfield from the guy in Italy. After it was shipped to him, he paid somebody to clear it with 2PAC. Before he could use it, he found another Dimension that came with a NOS playfield, so he sold the extra one to me. I do not know who did the 2PAC job. I would have preferred it remain original, but I’m not going to complain.

1 month later
#67 5 years ago

This thing looks incredible! Can load up more playfield pics to this thread?

11 months later
#68 4 years ago

@leckmeck, did you weaken the kick out coil for the upper holes on your Dimension? Or, did you take any other s rod to protect the playfield from kick out wear? Wondering if I should change the coil in my 2001, although it’s an original playfield and the dams he is pretty much done...

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from calla76759:

leckmeck, did you weaken the kick out coil for the upper holes on your Dimension? Or, did you take any other s rod to protect the playfield from kick out wear? Wondering if I should change the coil in my 2001, although it’s an original playfield and the dams he is pretty much done...

No, the coils are original and unmodified. This playfield was clearcoated with 2PAC, so I’m trusting it’s bullet-proof. Still, I occasionally wince when I hear the ball crashing down.

If it didn’t have that extra layer of protection, I would consider switching to weaker coils. Unlike Jumping Jack / Jack in the Box or Quick Draw / Fast Draw, the ball is heading downhill on 2001 / Dimension, so you only need enough oomph to get out of the hole. Interestingly, Gottlieb switched to weaker coils two years after King Pin came out; the kick-outs on Pin-Up are gentler and that game tends to have less wear.

If you’re thinking about switching coils, this old post might be informative:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-1973-gottlieb-king-pin-reproduction-playfield#post-2893549

#70 4 years ago

Is the Italian NOS PF really a Dimension, or is it possibly an italian export version of same game, Galaxie?

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is the Italian NOS PF really a Dimension, or is it possibly an italian export version of same game, Galaxie?

Gottlieb used the same board for both games. The upper left corner has this text printed on it:

DIMENSION 308
GALAXIE 306

It was around this time that Gottlieb standardized one table design for domestic and export AAB games. Slightly earlier games like Solitaire / Diamond Jack and Bumper Pool / Mini Pool had different tables.

#72 4 years ago

Looks great!

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Slightly earlier games like Solitaire / Diamond Jack and Bumper Pool / Mini Pool had different tables.

The only real differences between the playfields for "Solitaire" and "Diamond Jack" are the additional holes for the Italian ball return and the "ball in play"/"game over" lamp sockets on the apron of "Solitaire". These are not visible with the card tray installed. "Mini Pool"/"Bumper Pool" may have these differences as well, but also have slightly different coloring for the artwork. Otherwise, these foreign version playfields can be used on the domestic add-a-ball games.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The only real differences between the playfields for "Solitaire" and "Diamond Jack" are the additional holes for the Italian ball return and the "ball in play"/"game over" lamp sockets on the apron of "Solitaire". These are not visible with the card tray installed. "Mini Pool"/"Bumper Pool" may have these differences as well, but also have slightly different coloring for the artwork. Otherwise, these foreign version playfields can be used on the domestic add-a-ball games.

Yeah, I was thinking about putting a Bumper Pool playfield in my Mini Pool. I actually prefer the color difference.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Yeah, I was thinking about putting a Bumper Pool playfield in my Mini Pool. I actually prefer the color difference.

I do too. Had a chance to buy a "Bumper Pool" NOS playfield, but missed it. I have a very nice "Mini Pool", but all the inserts are wickedly sunken. That's a lot of inserts too.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I do too. Had a chance to buy a "Bumper Pool" NOS playfield, but missed it. I have a very nice "Mini Pool", but all the inserts are wickedly sunken. That's a lot of inserts too.

I just counted my inserts. 36! Must be a record.

Is Ron Kruzman’s Bumper Pool still available? If you don’t buy it, I will.

https://pinballplayfieldskruzman.com/playfields-for-sale/bumper-pool-gottlieb-nos-575/

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

This thing looks incredible! Can load up more playfield pics to this thread?

Still begging for more

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Still begging for more

I found a couple more pics from that photo session.

Decal Detail (resized).JPGDecal Detail (resized).JPG
Front Closeup (resized).JPGFront Closeup (resized).JPG
Overhead (resized).JPGOverhead (resized).JPG
Overhead Left Angle (resized).JPGOverhead Left Angle (resized).JPG

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I found a couple more pics from that photo session.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No doubt among the top three best restorations ever shown here. Probably #1 actually, considering what the game looked like when it was started.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I just counted my inserts. 36! Must be a record.
Is Ron Kruzman’s Bumper Pool still available? If you don’t buy it, I will.
https://pinballplayfieldskruzman.com/playfields-for-sale/bumper-pool-gottlieb-nos-575/

PM sent.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

No doubt among the top three best restorations ever shown here. Probably #1 actually, considering what the game looked like when it was started.

Wow, thanks!

1 year later
#82 2 years ago

@leckmeck, I'm at the stage of my 2001 paint job where I would paint the serial number on the lightbox, as you did here back in post no. 35. Interestingly, it appears from my "before" photo that my 2001 lightbox is stamped with 04219, the same number on the top of your Dimension earlier in this thread (post 35). Do you think 04219 is a game identifier that was shared between the replay 2001 and AAB Dimension?

0d7961c60b5746c36a8bbd9be42151259112768e (resized).jpg0d7961c60b5746c36a8bbd9be42151259112768e (resized).jpg
#83 2 years ago
Quoted from calla76759:

leckmeck, I'm at the stage of my 2001 paint job where I would paint the serial number on the lightbox, as you did here back in post no. 35. Interestingly, it appears from my "before" photo that my 2001 lightbox is stamped with 04219, the same number on the top of your Dimension earlier in this thread (post 35). Do you think 04219 is a game identifier that was shared between the replay 2001 and AAB Dimension?
[quoted image]

According to the IPSND, 2001 and Dimension had overlapping serial numbers in this range.

But what an amazing coincidence our two games share the same serial number! Those stencils are the stuff of fate.

Pity I threw away the stencil for the serial number. If you want, I can cut you a new one. I still have the file for it.

Serial (resized).pngSerial (resized).png
#84 2 years ago
Quoted from calla76759:

leckmeck, I'm at the stage of my 2001 paint job where I would paint the serial number on the lightbox, as you did here back in post no. 35. Interestingly, it appears from my "before" photo that my 2001 lightbox is stamped with 04219, the same number on the top of your Dimension earlier in this thread (post 35). Do you think 04219 is a game identifier that was shared between the replay 2001 and AAB Dimension?
[quoted image]

That's a crazy coincidence!

#85 2 years ago

That’s unreal. I can’t believe our machines have the same serial number. Maybe that’s the real reason I’ve been so compelled by this thread to repaint my 2001!

Leckmeck, that’d be awesome if I could continue to draft off your efforts. I’ll PM you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn, NY
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-dimension/page/2?hl=calla76759 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.