(Topic ID: 87990)

A modern part list and where to get the parts

By TheRingMaster

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I am doing some restorations and one of the biggest pitas is to find what part I need. If I hold a broken one in my hand, where can I get a new one? First I would look in the manual, then when I have the part number i would look for it online. But many parts are hard to find and even the part number is hard to find nowadays.

So I came to think of something that might be a good thing to create. An interactive, kinda like pinwiki, part list for our beloved games. The users, can add parts and modify the list themselves.

So, when you buy a new part you add, for example, the following to the data base: part name, manufacturers original part number, a picture of it, in what machine(s) it is used, where in the machine it is used, where it was bought and the year it was available and the part number it has in that particular shop.

One can add other things as well as approximate prices and so on. The idea would be to make a list of new parts or new old stock and a separate one for used parts. The latter will probably generate a lot of out of stock but at least one knows where it was last spotted.

Is it just that i am lazy or would this be a good idea? I might look into it..

#2 9 years ago

Might be a good idea, but might also be a huge amount of work to keep up with. There are a bajillion (technical term) different parts out there.

#3 9 years ago

Yes that would be an understatement.
    But if people would add stuff during time it could work. An idea at least!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-modern-part-list-and-where-to-get-the-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.