(Topic ID: 243101)

A million ways they could have ended the Big Bang Theory ( Possible spoilers)

By Jasontaps

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by DaWezl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Was anyone thrilled with the ending of the series?

#2 9 months ago

No, it was a big disappointment!

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Was anyone thrilled with the ending of the series?

I am cause I hate it and maybe my wife will stop having it on now!

#4 9 months ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I knew if I waited it out a little someone else would say it. Thanks.

John

#5 9 months ago

Me too. I hate that show.

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Not a chance. TBBT will be in re-runs for years and years.

Now! What year will the pinball machine be made?

#7 9 months ago

Was disappointing.

Cheers, Family Ties and Office were 3 shows that ended properly.

Big Bang should’ve been 90 minutes long.

#8 9 months ago

Ending of TBBT was boring.
    The best ending of a series ever for me was Newhart.

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from P2K:

Ending of TBBT was boring.

I agree, the Newhart ending was the best!

#10 9 months ago

They should’ve had it along the lines of Penny getting a promotion, thus moving her and Leonard somewhere.

Howard should’ve been recruited to work directly at NASA.

I forgot to mention Dawson’s Creek as a great way to end a show. I liked the time jump to show where everyone ended up.

#11 9 months ago

I haven't seen it yet, but did they mess it up like they did with How I Met Your Mother?

#12 9 months ago
    Quoted from NovaPin:

I haven't seen it yet, but did they mess it up like they did with How I Met Your Mother?

They played it extremely safe.

I'm sure others feel the way I do, but I wanted to see where the characters end up.

#13 9 months ago

The ending with the cast sitting around, was kind of like the (after the credits) ending of the Marvel Comic movie, Iron Man, or was it the Avengers.

#14 9 months ago

Show was on autopilot this year.

Too bad they didn’t have more guests like Will Weaton and more big name guest than the vampire slayer.

#15 9 months ago

Watched one episode and didn't laugh. Never watched it again.

#16 9 months ago

Oh, it wasn't that bad. Tied most of the relationships up with a bow, and the Buffy appearances were funny to me. I guess the main thing was that Sheldon finally realized the importance of friendship and having other people in his life, to the point of moving him to express it to the world. The very end I guess was to build unity among the group, but I do have to say that I didn't care for the slowed down version of the theme by BNL - should have ended up-beat.

#17 9 months ago

Hate to say it but to me the show stopped being funny once the guys got girlfriends..

Still think The show would make a great theme for a pinball machine..Especially when you hit the jackpots

and hear Sheldon say "Bazinga!"

#18 9 months ago
    Quoted from Mercury:

Hate to say it but to me the show stopped being funny once the guys got girlfriends..
    Still think The show would make a great theme for a pinball machine..Especially when you hit the jackpots
    and hear Sheldon say "Bazinga!"

I was in AC over the weekend. They have a Bing Bang slot machine.

1 episode where they really screwed up a great story line, is when Sheldon and Amy broke up, causing Howard to put together the clues on Craigslist (or a site like it) for a woman to find Sheldon. The woman shows up 10 seconds late and Sheldon dismisses her. They should’ve fleshed out a relationship there, cause the girl was into everything Sheldon was into. They played it too safe and a couple episodes later, Amy and Sheldon we’re back together.

#19 9 months ago
    Quoted from NovaPin:

Best finale for a sit-com for me was Newhart (as others have said). For drama's, MASH is way up there. Worst finale of any show ever was Dexter. I actually liked the How I Met Your Mother finale - not great but better than OK.

So, back on subject. The show has definitely been challenged in the writing department for the last couple seasons. It was probably best that Jim Parsons decided he wanted to exit to force the issue.

I also thought the finale was on the boring side. I will say it was "just OK". Yes they had some good story lines (ie: Sheldon realizing the importance of friendship and how his behavior challenged that regularly, Leonard and Penny awaiting a child, etc) but nothing that I thought was noteworthy. Basically, it was just another episode as far as I was concerned. But given the way the last couple season were, I shouldn't be surprised. Best episode of the entire series was the Christmas episode where Penny gives Sheldon the napkin Leonard Nimoy used.

My 2 cents...
    Jaz

#20 9 months ago

They could have ended the show with a literal big bang. Like blew everyone up. Seriously that show sucked...

#21 9 months ago

I liked how they tied it in to Young Sheldon. The final episode definitely meant more if you also watch Young Sheldon.

#22 9 months ago

I also think the show declined in quality not soon after it became a mega hit in syndication..Maybe success

can lead to failure as you start to rest on your laurels now that you made it big.

#23 9 months ago

I enjoyed it, but they could have done more. I imagine it's hard to wrap up something that has 11 years of storyline.

It's a better ending that Sopranos had, and dare I say could be better than GOT will have.

That said, the Young Sheldon spinoff is a good show. I hope that keeps going to explain some of the stuff that was not explained in BBT. It really fills in the backstories.

Chris

#24 9 months ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I enjoyed it, but they could have done more. I imagine it's hard to wrap up something that has 11 years of storyline.
    It's a better ending that Sopranos had, and dare I say could be better than GOT will have.
    That said, the Young Sheldon spinoff is a good show. I hope that keeps going to explain some of the stuff that was not explained in BBT. It really fills in the backstories.
    Chris

Young Sheldon has already been renewed for at least 2 more seasons (seasons 3-4). The characters in the Young Sheldon show are outstanding.

#25 9 months ago

We enjoyed it here. They fixed the elevator! (And who didn't think they were all going to break it again leaving for the airport?)

#26 9 months ago

Thought it was alright. Nothing special. It's a sitcom so wasn't expecting something dramatic. Felt this season was below subpar coming off a really funny season. Thought Howard turned into the funniest/best written for character the past few seasons. At least they didn't go the Seinfeld disaster ending route and bring back EVERY character for a cameo.

Liked the elevator getting fixed.

#27 9 months ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thought it was alright. Nothing special. It's a sitcom so wasn't expecting something dramatic. Felt this season was below subpar coming off a really funny season. Thought Howard turned into the funniest/best written for character the past few seasons. At least they didn't go the Seinfeld disaster ending route and bring back EVERY character for a cameo.
    Liked the elevator getting fixed.

I thought this season was lackluster as well. Way too much focus on stealing the idea that earned them the Nobel prize. The episode with Shatner was so classic Big Bang. It reminded me of the early episodes.

#28 9 months ago

Won’t be long before Stern cranks out a TBBT pinball.

#29 9 months ago

Think Stewart's character is real funny, would be neat to incorporate a young Stewart into the young Sheldon show...

#30 9 months ago
    Quoted from P2K:

BOTH Newhart shows had the best endings ever!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 399.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 3.70
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 9.95
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside