Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello All! First, we want to thank you all for the love and support you have given us in regard to the Hardtop product. We are finishing High Speed now, and it will be on our site in the next month or so.

We now have hundreds and hundreds of Hardtops on machines that have been revived with our product. While we know and always remind everyone that our product is NOT a new playfield... we are awfully proud of what we have been able to provide as an affordable and durable solution. Also of course, there is the added bonus that they look GREAT installed! I just attended a show last week where I saw several machines outfitted with Hardtops... very gratifying to see!

We are continuing on more titles as well. One challenge that has presented itself is something I would like to cover. That is folks emailing us asking/calling/emailing.... "how soon"... "which titles are next" and "do you have plans to produce XYZ title".

We hope to send this message (at least to those who find this and read) that we work on this product in the background as time permits. While we are making the attempt to add 3-6 new titles annually... sometimes we get busy with our commercial work and progress on Hardtops must wait. We are a rather large commercial graphics company that handles national accounts. That work will ALWAYS come first. Keep in mind though, that it is this type of work that affords us the correct equipment, knowledge and talent to bring you all what we have so far... so it's not all bad, but patience is something we ask for.

Based on what I just explained, please understand that we cannot (regretfully) answer these types of emails all the time:

1. When will XYZ title be ready?
    2. Which titles are next?
    3. Will you do custom Hardtops (answer will always be NO)
    4. I have XYZ title... when will this be available?
    5. Do you have plans to do XYZ title?
    6. I'm thinking about buying XYZ title... what's the scoop on a Hardtop?

Please understand, that we too are collectors and players... and understand the questions. However, we cannot answer the volume of emails (seriously!), and give honest answers sometimes ... as we don't know ourselves!

Please know the following (best we can do for info at this time):
    1. There are more titles coming. Working on some now!
    2. What is available is on our site. www.pinballgifts.com click on "store"
    3. Getting a Hardtop title correct to offer on our site is NOT a fast process
    4. If it's on our site... YES we have them.

We thank all of those who have believed in us so far to help revive your machines, but as I explained last week to a collector... We just offer a product.. YOU are the ones installing and reviving. You all deserve the credit for keeping these machines alive and looking/playing amazing!

THANK YOU.... yes, High Speed soon, promise.

#2 5 years ago

Thanks for the great message providing an in depth perspective on the process!
    Thank you too for the great product!

#3 5 years ago

More info on the XYZ machine? Sounds like something Gottlieb would've made.

#5 5 years ago

Pumped for SOF.

#6 5 years ago

I am super pumped for High Speed. I was hoping it would be a PinFest in a few weeks and I could pick one up. Looks like I will have to wait just a bit longer. I played the Space Shuttle you had on demo last year at Pinfest and that convinced me that these are a good, viable option. Thanks for putting these together.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Outsidedge:

Based on what I just explained, please understand that we cannot (regretfully) answer these types of emails all the time:

This is a very Ringo Starr "peace and love" post.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks outside edge! I have a HT installed on my FG. It’s a wonderful product!

Minor suggestion: you now have three different hardtop threads, including one “official” one. Why not just put announcements and everything in the official thread so everything is in one place?

1 week later
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Its like a paradox! Or Deja Vu?

I just realized that I had posted this in the same thread that I was linking. Embarrassing I meant to post it over on skypilots High Speed Prototype thread as some folks over there are getting a little antsy. Sorry for any confusion!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from ruralcollector:

I just realized that I had posted this in the same thread that I was linking. Embarrassing I meant to post it over on skypilots High Speed Prototype thread as some folks over there are getting a little antsy. Sorry for any confusion!

I figured. I'm just goofin'.

#13 4 years ago

Just realized you are in ACS in Columbus Ohio. I can literally see your building from where I am sitting at now. I am in the neighborhood just north and east.

small world.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-message-from-outside-edge-regarding-hardtops?hl=ruralcollector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.