Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EC052471-51E2-42B8-86F2-C359EB542ADB (resized).jpeg
    vulcan-salute-spock-nimoy (resized).jpeg
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Not sure where to put this message... so I'll put it in announcements.

First - a huge thank you for all the cards, emails and messages of support that I have received after the passing of my wife. All of the support has been greatly appreciated. I cannot possibly reply to everybody so if you don't get a reply, please know that it was appreciated.

Next - Regarding Great Plains Electronics.
    After working long hours every day and being away from my wife and family, I have come to the conclusion that I have wasted too much valuable time that I could have spent with my wife and kids. So 22 years of selling parts on Great Plains Electronics is long enough. Time to hang up my hat and spend every minute possible with my remaining family.

I will be putting Great Plains Electronics up for sale. This includes inventory and the website. It may take a long time to sell my business - so in the meantime, I plan to reopen my website for sales this weekend. As parts sell out, I will not be restocking them.

Thank you
    Ed Krzycki
    Great Plains Electronics

#2 1 year ago

Love all you have done for pinball Ed. You were one of my favorites.

#3 1 year ago

1) Find your happy place - most important!
    2) Sad to hear GPE is sunsetting under you
    3) Have always appreciated what you've done for us on the discussion sites and the crazy amount of energy GPE has saved us by having all that sourcing sorted for us!
    4) I hope you still find enjoyment in this hobby space so we continue to be blessed with your presence!

#4 1 year ago

Thank you Ed, for so many great products for so many years.

I know this has been tough for you. I wish you nothing but the best going forward.

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

Priorities are best, you have them. Thank you for all the great service over the years. You will be missed but enjoy the next chapter of life.

#6 1 year ago

You have to do what is best for you. Thanks for all you have done for the hobby and good luck with the next phase.

Shawn

#7 1 year ago

Ed,

I’ve only been in on the ownership side of this hobby since 2012, but my very first parts purchase was from Great Plains Electronics. Thank you for all of your contributions to pinball, and best wishes for all of your future endeavors.

BTW, your Bally rectifier replacement board, Molex connectors, terminals, and pins were just what that old Mata Hari needed!

#8 1 year ago

Ed - thank you for all you’ve done for the hobby. I know I really appreciated your support.

As others have mentioned, enjoy your time with family. Don’t regret your past, it makes you what you are today, and lamenting about woulda, coulda, shoulda, will only cause depression.

Hug everyone in your family.

Bill C

#9 1 year ago

I think about the parts you have found for me, the help you have given me, and the advise you have shared with me. I would have had a very difficult time of progressing to where I am without your help.

You will be missed.

#10 1 year ago

Be well! Your legacy will live on in the games we have fixed, including my very first machines!

#11 1 year ago

Breaks my heart that you are leaving, but I wish you nothing but the best. You were my go to source for all things electronics related in pinball. Thanks for all the great work.

Quoted from G-P-E:

First - a huge thank you for all the cards, emails and messages of support that I have received after the passing of my wife. All of the support has been greatly appreciated. I cannot possibly reply to everybody so if you don't get a reply, please know that it was appreciated.
    After working long hours every day and being away from my wife and family, I have come to the conclusion that I have wasted too much valuable time that I could have spent with my wife and kids. So 22 years of selling parts on Great Plains Electronics is long enough. Time to hang up my hat and spend every minute possible with my remaining family.
    I will be putting Great Plains Electronics up for sale. This includes inventory and the website. It may take a long time to sell my business - so in the meantime, I plan to reopen my website for sales this weekend. As parts sell out, I will not be restocking them.
    Thank you
    Ed Krzycki
    Great Plains Electronics

#12 1 year ago

Sad to see a truly good one go, but our time on this marble is limited, and you deserve to enjoy it!

Good luck in your future endeavors!

#13 1 year ago

Thanks for the great support back in my early days of pinball many years ago!

#14 1 year ago

I was so sorry to hear about your loss. Cant agree more with your priority to spend time with family.

Thanks for all the education you gave me trying to figure out this pinball thing over the last 17 years. You will be missed not just for the parts but what you contributed on RGP and here.

Please check in once and a while to let us know how youre doing.

I will miss those little white boxes coming to save the day.

Thanks,

Kenny

#15 1 year ago

Certainly understandable, given what you have been through. Time with family is always important and limited, so cherish it!

It will be tough to see GPE change hands, but I wish you happiness with your reduced workload and increased family time! With that said, your vast knowledge and insights will always be appreciated around here, so please don't forget to drop in here every once in a while!

#16 1 year ago

Thanks for supplying much needed parts for many years. Thanks for all the behind-the-scenes efforts for sourcing parts, vetting parts, and getting parts made. I think much of that effort probably goes unnoticed.

I hope this doesn't mean goodbye--even if you are winding down the parts supply aspect of the hobby, your wealth of knowledge has been an invaluable contribution to everyone.

I hope you find brighter days ahead.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Thank you
    Ed Krzycki
    Great Plains Electronics

You are my very favorite person to buy parts from and they way your site is organized actually helped me learn about components over the last dozen years. Thank you for all that you've done for the hobby, I hope you realize the impact you've had. If you ever get this far north in SD the food, beers, and pinball are on me.

#18 1 year ago

Thanks too for your support outside the US. Best wishes.

#19 1 year ago

GPE has been in the hobby just about exactly as long as I've owned games. Placed many an order for all those fixer-uppers back in the bargain days. Having all the pinball-centric electronic parts sourced & sorted was a lifesaver. I'd find what was broken from Clay's guide, and bam, Ed always had what I need a click away.

I hope someone picks up the GPE mantle, if not in name, then at least in functionality. It's a perfect small business; best in class at one important thing, no more no less.

Thanks for treating us like family, Ed. Now enjoy spending time with yours!

#20 1 year ago

Thank you for all the years of help and support with our pinball needs... You've been a positive force in the hobby...Happy retirement.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I think about the parts you have found for me, the help you have given me, and the advise you have shared with me. I would have had a very difficult time of progressing to where I am without your help.
    You will be missed.

What this guy said.

Always enjoyed your postings Ed, can't say I followed it all 100% but always something to be learned from the listening and I'm better for it. Thank you for everything you have contributed to the hobby and my general education.

Gary

#22 1 year ago

Ed,

You are absolutely making the right decision, and I wish you joy in everything you do.

#23 1 year ago

Thank you Ed for your amazing service through all of these years. I always enjoyed placing an order with you and wish you the best going forward.

I can only hope that whoever buys your business is half as knowledgeable and helpful as you. I hope your business turns out like the Comet Pinball sale, where the new owner did a fantastic job of taking over the reigns.

#24 1 year ago

So sad to see you go, you were such a valuable resource to all of us, but I can't knock your logic. I hope you find a ton of enjoyment in life after hanging it up!

#25 1 year ago

Time is precious Ed spend it the way your heart leads you! Thank you for so many years of helping myself and the pinball community you will absolutely be missed.

#26 1 year ago

Like many others, you've always been my go-to for electronics but nobody here can fault you for your decision - family first.

So sorry for your loss Ed - thank you for your contributions to the hobby and the pinball family worldwide that you've helped.

#27 1 year ago

Ed, thank you for what you have done for our hobby, but yes, you need / deserve to spend the precious time left with those most precious.

#28 1 year ago

Thank you Ed, for your years of dedication....Please Enjoy your time with the family.

I did the same....well worth it. Peace.

#29 1 year ago

Gonna miss you Ed. You made it easy.

#30 1 year ago

Thanks for everything, Ed.
    Wally

#31 1 year ago

Thank you for all you have done for the hobby, Ed. I hope you enjoy your well deserved time off and time with family. Take care!

#32 1 year ago

You will be so sorely missed, but it is 100% understandable, and I am happy for your dedication to your family and making sure you put them first. Best of luck in all future endeavors, Ed!

#33 1 year ago

A completely understandable decision Ed, and thank you for all your help and generosity over the years. You've left a hugely positive legacy and will be missed, but not begrudged. Thanks for the heads up and best wishes to you and your family for the future!

#34 1 year ago

Thank you Ed.

Happy trails, wherever you may roam.

#35 1 year ago

Feels like this was inevitable with the constant loss of just the manufacturing of some of these "obsolete" parts. You've done a kick-ass job over the years of keeping hold of the stuff we need in the face of vendors deciding that it wasn't profitable enough to keep making certain things. I'm not looking forward to having to scour ebay and Mouser for knockoff parts that will likely be substandard quality, but nobody in their right mind is going to begrudge you going this direction!

Thanks for everything.

#36 1 year ago

It's not just your parts that will be missed, it is your knowledge!
    I have read many post where you explain what each part does.
    You have helped countless people here and all are very appreciative.
    They don't make too many people like you Ed, so enjoy your life but please check back from time to time.

#37 1 year ago

Ed- Many thanks for your years as an incredible asset to the hobby! Family always comes first, and I wish you the best of luck in this next chapter of your life.

#38 1 year ago

Live long and prosper.

vulcan-salute-spock-nimoy (resized).jpegvulcan-salute-spock-nimoy (resized).jpeg
    #39 1 year ago

Ed, thanks for all the years of support and parts!

Family comes first... but pop in here from time to time. Best wishes!

#40 1 year ago

Ed, thank you.

My GPE orders were infrequent, but every one was invaluable. You always had exactly what I needed and at a great price.

#41 1 year ago

Thank you Ed for the great service! Best wishes to you always!

#42 1 year ago

Thanks Ed! It won’t be the same without GPE. Hopefully you still share your great attitude, knowledge and advice with us from time to time.

#43 1 year ago

Be well, Ed. And thank you for all of the parts and help you've offered over the years. You've always been my first choice for electrical supplies.

#44 1 year ago

So sorry for your loss. Will miss you and our talks about your SVO too. God bless and hope to see you around!

#45 1 year ago

So sorry for your loss, I couldn’t imagine.

#46 1 year ago

Not any easy decision, but family first!

All the best!

Big shoes to fill whoever takes on your business

#47 1 year ago

Thank you Ed. Our pinball family is grateful for all of the goodness that you and GPE have brought to our gamerooms.
    ~Steveo

EC052471-51E2-42B8-86F2-C359EB542ADB (resized).jpegEC052471-51E2-42B8-86F2-C359EB542ADB (resized).jpeg
    #48 1 year ago

I was going through my component parts box last night looking for a part & was seeing all the GPE bags of spare parts I have gradually built up over the years.

Thank you Ed for supplying such high quality & specialized parts & for sending parts to overseas destinations like where I am in Australia, much appreciated.

All the best for the future.

#49 1 year ago

Ed we all appreciate everything you've done for pinball man. For every guy that posts a thank you -- there's another 10 who thank you too...

-mof

#50 1 year ago

Thanks, Ed. I really appreciate what you have done to help keep mine and many other games working reliably. I wish the the best in the next chapter.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-message-from-great-plains-electronics?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.