Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EC052471-51E2-42B8-86F2-C359EB542ADB (resized).jpeg
    vulcan-salute-spock-nimoy (resized).jpeg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Ed, thanks for all you have done for the hobby, with your knowledge and store. I hope you continue contributing with your knowledge. I wish you nothing but the best.

#52 1 year ago

Thanks for your years of hard work.

#53 1 year ago

Big thank you Ed, wish you the best going forward!!

#54 1 year ago

Ed, you've saved me so many hours of frustration! Thank you for all of your contributions to the hobby - you'll be sorely missed from a vendor perspective, but we hope you'll stick around as a fellow enthusiast!

Congratulations on making a great decision!

#55 1 year ago

So sorry for your loss Ed. I believe everyone understands your decision and appreciates all you have done for the hobby all these years. You will be leaving a big void for sure. Thank you for everything, and I wish you all the best going forward.

#56 1 year ago

I've been a GPE customer for 19 years thank you for everything Ed, you've been such a great asset to pinball repair over the years. I hope you enjoy the time with your family.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Not sure where to put this message... so I'll put it in announcements.
    First - a huge thank you for all the cards, emails and messages of support that I have received after the passing of my wife. All of the support has been greatly appreciated. I cannot possibly reply to everybody so if you don't get a reply, please know that it was appreciated.
    Next - Regarding Great Plains Electronics.
    After working long hours every day and being away from my wife and family, I have come to the conclusion that I have wasted too much valuable time that I could have spent with my wife and kids. So 22 years of selling parts on Great Plains Electronics is long enough. Time to hang up my hat and spend every minute possible with my remaining family.
    I will be putting Great Plains Electronics up for sale. This includes inventory and the website. It may take a long time to sell my business - so in the meantime, I plan to reopen my website for sales this weekend. As parts sell out, I will not be restocking them.
    Thank you
    Ed Krzycki
    Great Plains Electronics

Ed,

No one ever said on their deathbed "I wish I had spent more time at work" - glad you have come to a decision on your path forward.

Thank you for your many years of service and wish you and your family all the best.

Cheers,
    Mike

#58 1 year ago

Sorry for your loss Ed, been a customer for years. My wife was hit with a fast moving, very aggressive cancer two years ago. Luckily, after shitty chemo, radiation, and a few surgeries later...She's chugging along(And shes still in her 30's). F work, live your life! Thank you for your many years of service to our hobby community!

#59 1 year ago

You have given so much of your time helping all of us, keeping our passion for pinball alive...your impact on this hobby cannot be overstated.

Thank you and bless you for that

You’ve done enough for others...time to take care of you and your family ❤️

Ed, I know that the wonderful memories of your wife will bless you and comfort you in the future.

Be well!

#60 1 year ago

Ed, I'm glad you're shifting your priorities to what's most important for you. You've done so much for this hobby, great customer service, great packing job on every package I received, great prices, always willing to help people with fixing games. You will not be forgotten, your legacy will live on, and I hope someone can step up and continue the great thing you started.

#61 1 year ago

G-P-E thank you for all you've done for this hobby and being the gold standard for component parts sales.

It will be a shame that the next version of the QS 80 is not going to happen. Do you have a design or parts that can be sold to continue the project?

#62 1 year ago

I'm sorry for your loss.

Your work keeping the pins chugging along has been admirable, with forum post help and parts sales. Keeping the costs down for the hobbyist was very kind.

Best of luck on the sale and I hope that you take more time for yourself and family soon.

#63 1 year ago

Ed,
    First and foremost, I'm sorry for your loss. Second, Thank you for all you have done for this community over the years.
    Take care of yourself.

-John

#64 1 year ago

GPE customer here. Thanks for your help in getting my games working over the years. Much appreciated. Thanks and take care.

#65 1 year ago

Ed, thank you. Whenever I encountered an obscure chip, board, or electronic issue, you had already posted (amazing) insight to Pinside. I was then able to purchase the item or substitute from your site, saving countless hours. Take Care.

#66 1 year ago

Hey Ed,

Take care and enjoy your time the best that you can. Thanks for the great service and help.

Best Regards,
    Phil

#67 1 year ago

Hope you enjoy your retirement, hopefully someone buys your business and keeps it going as a lot of electrical parts are becoming harder to find. Good luck!

#68 1 year ago

I wish you nothing but the best @g-p-e
    You've been a great friend to all of us in pinball for so long. None better.
    Thank you so much.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisHiblerPinball
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#69 1 year ago

We will all miss you Ed. Thanks for being such a great asset to the pinball community!

1 month later
    #70 1 year ago

Anyone know if the business was sold. September 10th was Stating no more orders.

#71 1 year ago

G-P-E Thanks for everything you’ve done to support the pinball community. You will be missed.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from chad:

Anyone know if the business was sold. September 10th was Stating no more orders.

Business has not yet been sold. Got completely away for awhile while painting my mouse. Hoped to get it fully painted before it gets too cold... but I'm way too slow and will have to return in the spring.

As I get back inside the house, I'll actively start working on selling the business again.

Thanks to all the well wishers - this has been very uplifting.
    Ed - GPE

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Business has not yet been sold. Got completely away for awhile while painting my mouse. Hoped to get it fully painted before it gets too cold... but I'm way too slow and will have to return in the spring.
    As I get back inside the house, I'll actively start working on selling the business again.
    Ed - GPE

Thank you!

#74 1 year ago

Ed ,whatever you do best wishes going forward. You are one of my favorite vendors in the hobby!! Thanks for everything!!

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Ed ,whatever you do best wishes going forward. You are one of my favorite vendors in the hobby!! Thanks for everything!!

I could not have said this any better!!

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Ed - GPE

I placed an order a few weeks ago but did not make the cut before you needed to get control of all of your orders. My cart is still sitting there. Will you be opening back up for hanger on orders, or are you finished completely?

Thanks.

** I am sorry for your loss and do appreciate the little "extras" you helped me with the last few years.

1 year later
    #77 43 days ago

Any interested buyers?

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-message-from-great-plains-electronics/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.