(Topic ID: 164755)

A meaningful discussion about buffing wheels.

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grinder (resized).jpg
    pasted_image_(resized).png
    th_(resized).jpeg
    Schultz_IKnowNothing_(resized).jpg
    ring-buff_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    60ced0239fde0404419e39c643efdb0166de0507_(resized).jpg
    e3fd5285d0732c63d23f82c54a6afc2fe547cb17_(resized).jpg
    th_(resized).jpeg
    wheel_chart_(resized).png
    step_03_(resized).jpg
    hand_(resized).jpeg
    2ci8in6_(resized).jpg
    Misc_018_(resized).jpg
    Misc_017_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Topher5000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 7 years ago

Funny that this thread popped up.
    The ramp on my Raven is clouded, broken & missing a piece, so I bought a sheet of polycarbonate & solvent & drew up a template in CAD. I'm going to use a rotary tool with a router attachment & a spiral bit to cut it. I'll use a sanding drum in a drill press to even out & clean up the edges.
    I was thinking last night that I could use 1500 grit sandpaper to get rid of most of the sanding marks & then put a buffing wheel in the drill press & buff out the edges. I've got rouge from back when I had a '79 Trans Am & buffed up the rims.
    What type of wheel & what colour would be best? Vid's table on the first page says to use a 'string' buffer & blue compound. I'll have to make sure I've got blue. What a 'string' buffing wheel?
    Then again, maybe I'm being too anal. The solvent will probably end up making the edges clear anyways.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Topher5000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-meaningful-discussion-about-buffing-wheels?tu=Topher5000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.