(Topic ID: 60579)

a "magic city" followed me home today... :)

By ccotenj

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coilsaw.JPG
msfeb82.JPG
IMG_4116[1].JPG
image-223.jpg
inside door.jpg
door front installed.jpg
door parts.jpg
IMG_3353[1].JPG
image-463.jpg
IMG_3318[1].JPG
IMG_3313[1].JPG
image.jpg
screws.jpeg
image-953.jpg
image-626.jpg
image-480.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago

Great art and I like that low positioned pop bumper. Cool game, congrats.
Alex

2 weeks later
#111 10 years ago

Dang dude, you don't mess around. I've never cleaned a mech panel that way or disassembled that type of score motor before and I've been doing this awhile. You should work for Pinrescue.
Alex

2 weeks later
#172 10 years ago

Yeah, my Serenade lights the one when you reach a thousand. It's sort of a neat feature as getting to that score threshold isn't an easy task. It's like they designed it with the idea that hey your rarely going to get a score this good. So we're not spending the money on a score reel assembly but we'll give you a special illuminated number if you can pull it off. The lighted "one" is sort of warm and nostalgic throwback to the old lighted scoring plus the triumph of getting there is just a nice feeling.
Alex

#174 10 years ago

Haven't you been thinking on that one for awhile. I always thought it looked like a neat game. Last Gottlieb Em with a gobble hole.
Alex

#175 10 years ago

Ooh, Ron Webb still has Sweethearts glass available. http://pinballglass.homestead.com

#181 10 years ago

Looks fun to me. I like the frustratingly fun looking flipper layout, ball eject from the trough and the football scoring. A friend of mine has one in storage that I should pursue. I asked him about it one day and I know he'd probably sell it to me.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i like the "jackson on the pf glass mod"... mine doesn't have that mod...

Ha, I was studying the pictures thinking there was an old Michael Jackson sticker on there or something. Then I saw it...

#184 10 years ago

I really enjoy Big Hit, Sinbad and my Kickoff. It's sort of a compilation of the 3. I bet I'd like it.

#186 10 years ago

Oh yeah, me too. Eye of the Tiger preferably.

#228 10 years ago

I'd run it.
Alex

#240 10 years ago

I think a lot of guys like to replace components like these to achieve the crispness of a new machine. I can certainly understand that but I don't like to spend extra on a likely marginal if even noticeable performance increase. I think most of us would like to go all Pinball Rescue on our machines and replace every sleeve, coil stop and plunger. Pop bumpers are a bit of a pain. I understand the beauty of doing it once and never having to worry about it again. I guess it depends on how budget minded you are on this project. With a limited budget you learn a lot of that isn't always needed to still have a fast and fun playing machine. If you have the luxury of not having to worry about it go for it. I'd like to be the latter but am the former.

7 months later
#538 9 years ago
Quoted from wiseman9986:

One more question I just put all new bulbs behind my backglass and they all light up except the row across the very top it lights up numbers 0-9 I believe do you know what they are for I've only seen one or 2 of them on while playing in the past thanks

Those are your match numbers. Only one should light at the end of game. It's a random sequence. If the lit number matches the last digit of your score you win a free game. Or should if everything is set up that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-magic-city-followed-me-home-today?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.