(Topic ID: 10288)

A machine ever pop up that you don't want but is priced right?

By Jgel

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BoJo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

A Back to the Future just popped up on CL today for $750. I don't have much interest in the game. I love the movies, but the game looks average. But it's $750. But decided to not call and hope that some one else would love it. Was this a mistake. Should I hope on these things for trade bait?

#2 12 years ago

All the time...buy it, clean it, play it for awhile and sell and use the profits for another pinball or trade up.

#3 12 years ago

Just called and left a voice mail ha.

#4 12 years ago

Good, I hope you get it. I was going to call right away, but don't really want it. I hope you get it. If it is in perfect shape just lie to me.

#5 12 years ago

I see this a lot, I am always tempted for a minute, then I realize buying things you don't want is tantamount to hoarding.

#6 12 years ago

This morning there was a gorgar that looked nice with an extra playfield and backglass for 1k. Seems like a real good deal, but I'm sure that the williams collection Gorgar is all the Gorgar I need in my house. I thought hard about it.. If I knew the promo vinyl went along with it, I think I would have no choice but to pull the trigger.

#7 12 years ago

A DE Batman popped up on CL in my area for 1100. With California prices, doesn't seem that bad.

#8 12 years ago

I haven't heard back from the seller yet, will keep you posted.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I see this a lot, I am always tempted for a minute, then I realize buying things you don't want is tantamount to hoarding.

GAWH this happens to me too. Luckily I talk to my roommate first and he talks me down, reminding me I should save and get the pinball of my dreams first.

#10 12 years ago

This always happens. Most of my pins I was not looking for.

#11 12 years ago

I would buy just about anything if the price is right.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

I would buy just about anything if the price is right.

Amen....I've ended up playing alot of games I would have never owned otherwise. Some I liked, some I didn't, but if the price is right and I know it's not a money pit or loser, I always bite. The only time I lost was on an EBC for $350. Total turd and barely got my money back...Lost money on gas and time.

#13 12 years ago

the guy hasn't called me back and now the ad has been pulled off of craigslist, thinking someone else jumped on it. Oh well.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

his morning there was a gorgar that looked nice with an extra playfield and backglass for 1k. Seems like a real good deal, but I'm sure that the williams collection Gorgar is all the Gorgar I need in my house. I thought hard about it.. If I knew the promo vinyl went along with it, I think I would have no choice but to pull the trigger.

Grogar is a 500-600 title in indiana that is high.

#15 12 years ago

A HUO TSPP for 3k with maybe a couple hundred plays and mint all the way around. Sold it 1 week later. Snooze fest game.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

This morning there was a gorgar that looked nice with an extra playfield and backglass for 1k. Seems like a real good deal, but I'm sure that the williams collection Gorgar is all the Gorgar I need in my house. I thought hard about it.. If I knew the promo vinyl went along with it, I think I would have no choice but to pull the trigger.

Personally, I am on my lookout for a first pin, and I do not want to spend too much $$ on the first, mainly so i can get the wife hooked first. I already have her playing sometimes when we go out. Anyways, speaking of gorgar, i saw one recently go for $600.00 around here. I was waiting for 2 days for payday, and doncha know it, it was gone. Maybe not the best choice for a first pin, it may be the first with voice, but it grates on ya a bit. Dont know that the wife would like that in our office next the the living room; she would be selling it as soon as I was gone. LOL! So, I guess that would be one that I dont necessarly really want, but the price was right.

#17 12 years ago

Like a SlugFest , I know where 1 is ... I Really don't want it but i can get it ( maybe ) if someone else was interested.. Like i got TSPP for Robertmee..

#18 12 years ago

never pop up around here

#19 12 years ago

I don't have any yet, but I've certainly tried for a couple. Interestingly enough, BTtF is one I would like to have, simply because I'm such a big fan on the movies. If one had popped up around here at that price, I absolutely would have called about it. I tried to snag a LW3 a bit ago despite the fact that I never considered owning one. I need to get faster, I guess

Good luck

#20 12 years ago

SWE1. Got it because it was local and a good deal. After playing was very glad it was local and a good deal because I would have hated to have driven far or paid a lot for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-machine-ever-pop-up-that-you-dont-want-but-is-priced-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.