1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from r6emperor:

I have a warning for everyone:
Make sure your dehumidifier is working!!!
I went to the garage we rent to play some pinball, and when I walked in, the dehumidifier was off. (Haven't been there for about two weeks) Ran back to the back room where TBL lives, and found this moldy, rusty mess. I want to cry...
The other games there have some light mold on the cabinets, but the mechanisms seems to be in much better shape than Lebowski. I guess the plating isn't as good as it used to be.
Currently disassembling the cabinet for mold removal / sealing the bottom MDF. The graphics / black portions of the cabinet don't have anything on them. Around the outside of the head had some light mold on the edges of the wood where it is painted.
After the mold is taken care of, I have to figure out what I'm going to do with all the mechanisms. Looks like a game that sat next to the ocean for 20 years. I'm absolutely heartbroken
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow what a shame very sorry on such a wonderful example. Dam that would be a sad day.

#46 5 years ago

I'd still buy it! lol So love this title.

3 weeks later
#54 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Someone earlier mentioned an owners forum - did that happen - really appreciate all the info here. Mine is on route and has had a ton of play and we're going to be rebuilding a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed up after so long getting beat up by the public. Thanks! Will update some of the info of things we've found too. Since there's no 'games played' audit all I have is the standard stuff you all get in the reports but did connect it online for a bit where it does actually track games played but haven't had it online for a while and re-connecting it didn't update (assuming something at DP isn't working for that potentially?)

Not asking for numbers but I would Guess TBL does incredible on route! I know I wouldn't be able to pass it without playing and the cult following for the movie is rather large. Congrats for sharing such a rare title.

1 year later
#145 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I had to add a plastics and cardboard to keep the ball from flying into the bottom or off the ramp but it’s still hopping all over and hitting the glass when using the right flipper. (Right green lock light also) This video is with the glass off. Tried all the right flipper coil settings and it’s not helping. What else can be adjusted? I watched Rensh’s video and his doesn’t ball hop like mine.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqoPEeSaU3W1gbUOHDw1BT26JJWxMQ
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqoPEeSaU3W1gbUPVEgCpsfcuuT4rw

Ok the second video clearly hit the standup not the ramp which is a known air all for most games and possible to adjust. The first video that is way wrong. Appears to take off at the ramp flap. Check that the 2 Phillips screws are not to tight pulling the ramp down. The ramp flap should be virtually flat to make a smooth transition to ramp. Good luck.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Are these the 2 screws? There’s not a lot of play there. And yes hitting that right stand off with the right flipper does send the ball airborne a lot. I can manually roll the ball up the ramp which seems smooth. Also making the ramp shot on the left flipper is fine.
[quoted image]

Yes. Sorry it appears DP uses torx head screws. They are primarily there to raise and lower the front lip of the flap. It should touch the playfield but Not be screwed down so much that it bends the flap creating a jump ramp. I can only Guess the reason the right flipper is the primary is that it was a full Swing at the ball making it travel much faster vs a back hand.

#150 4 years ago

Side issue with a HUGE thank you shout out to Mr Awesome #Rensh So as to not look like a dink (which I am doing now) I reached out to Rensh for advice on a flipper issue. During game play (several games) the left flipper if hit twice would hold the flipper up? The only way to clear it was to flip the right flipper. Stupid me I figured hey this must be some Euro pause to drink setting I missed! Nope. As he advised the coil stop was simply magnetized. No drink mode option lol. Anyway, removed and a few taps with a hammer and she is demagnetized and collection White Russians again!! I bow to you Dude Rensh! Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#152 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How did your coil stop get magnetized?

No clue though looking on the forum it does seem like it’s not a new thing. All I know is double tapping to drink or release the flipper was becoming an irritation lol. Checking it removed it did hold a paper clip so it was somehow.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Ok so the suggestions are making a difference. Thanks so much. I was able to get a game in without the ball hitting the glass from that target. The target is now back further than the photo above. Make sure that bowling alley plastic cover is really flush. It wasn’t off by much to throw it off. Now the ramp shots are making it up good.
Next issue for me is sometimes the abides subway hole gets a ball in there and doesn’t eject until I slightly nudge the game. After that it comes right out. I looked but didn’t see what tells the game a ball is present. Anyone know?

Is it possible your game is not level left to right and or pitched correctly so the ball can properly roll to the switch in the subway? What is your game set to and how did you level it?

3 weeks later
#175 4 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Thanks on all counts!
I think I can fix the board, it’s almost certainly a reflow solder situation. But I keep certain parts on hand for less experienced arcade hands to swap in so I don’t have to roll over there and do moderate tech work

Must say it is Way cool that you are sharing this rare title for the masses to enjoy. I Sincerely hope you overflow the cash box!

11 months later
#365 3 years ago

Only long term stand up target I ever found that works in High hit areas is the reinforced ones PBR and Marco sell. Used in Twilight Zone and a few others where the switch takes a pounding. With the back arm Formed it will never bend back.

ttttty (resized).jpgttttty (resized).jpg
#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

All five balls are in the trough, but the game continues to search for balls. Turning the game off/on does not make a difference.
Any guidance appreciated. Thank you!

At any point did you replace the balls with any of those “shiny” ones. It’s possible they are magnetized and grouping in the trough.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Thanks. If you have time, would be very helpful to see a photo of what the audit menu "should" look like. Without the balls in the trough. Thank you!

Give me a call anytime I can get you whatever pictures you need.

1 month later
#447 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Hello. New owner here. My machine is about a year out of the box and I'm having a couple of small issues. Nothing big but I thought I would get some opinions.
A majority of the time the ball does not pop out of the scoop unless I give the cabinet a little shake, very slight. Then it pops right out. If I wait for a ball search it also pops out right away. Also once during multi ball I managed to drop two ball in the scoop and one down the upper playfield hole and all three got stuck in the scoop and would not eject even with adamant shaking of the cab. I waited for the ball search and it never came on. So i powered the game on and off, then all three ball popped out when I tried to start a game.
Thx for any help or thoughts. I think I will save issue #2 for later.

Sounds like you just need to properly adjust the kick out switch which is fairly common with any game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (OBO)
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.