IMG_2626 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2201 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3727 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3729 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 3 years ago

I'm having a problem with the bowling alley opto that detects bowling pin hits. Every shot is a miss.

I've swapped the optos (just in case) and confirmed the optos are getting power, but still don't see switch messages when I move my hand in front of the windows. The optos are aligned with the holes in the alley.

Any other thoughts on how I might fix or debug this?

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Check the plug end - connectors. Push wires into connector with flat blade screw driver - make sure wires are seated.
Not sure if the sender and receiver are on wrong sides? Just a guess not sure it matters?
Maybe post a picture so we can compare to our machines.

So it worked properly for a week and then stopped working with a blown fuse. I replaced fuse, power is okay to optos. Replaced optos.
I'll mess with the connectors...

I've sent a message to Barry, but was just seeking other ideas because short of replacing the main board (please no), I'm not sure what else to test.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Which fuse blew?

The fuse for the bowling alley. This is the picture I took before replacing fuse (with coindoor open).

IMG_2912 (resized).jpgIMG_2912 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#246 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

One other thing to throw out there. The audio coming out of the right speaker is intermittently scratchy / static. Anyone experience any audio issues like this before?

I had this exact issue but it was constant whenever audio played. Speakers and wiring were fine. New audio board fixed it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#248 3 years ago

Anyone else have issues with bowling alley sensor optos?

I've been fighting this on my new game since early March (blown optos, blown fuses, swapped wiring mistake). Barry sent a few replacement optos and each board revision has differed.

I nearly had it working last week but then I think the hole alignment may have been off due the side cardboard sliding down (after 3 months of dicking around with it). While trying to adjust this, I THINK the transmitter resistor may have touched the mounting post, sparked and it's now dead (again). Grrrrrr. Many issues with TBL seem common but is my game special in this regard?

6 months later
#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The game would feel and sound less "clunky" if that subway was molded plastic like the subways of Twilight Zone and other games of that nature. There's just a smoothness to it.
Thanks for the mylar tip!

Speaking of molded plastic, is anyone experiencing issues with the plastic ramps?
The plastic used for my ramps is much 'thinner' than I'm used to seeing in other games.
Anyone know if there is much variance between these ramps as they've made different versions of the games?

4 weeks later
#355 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

How is the car supposed to work? I realize that's a silly question but I've noticed that sometimes the car comes out but never goes back in which blocks the ramp preventing me from starting "lets go bowling" for instance. I guess a better question is how can I validate my car is functioning correctly? It opens and closes smoothly, when I do the test in the settings it opens and closes exactly how you'd expect it to. I had to adjust the handicap targets a bit as one was way too sensitive but other than that... Sometimes I just feel like the car flops open for no reason and then won't close, but that could be me just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.
Thanks,
Jeff

I've had this same issue and attributed it to either a SW bug or my red handicap switches cannot be adjusted properly. I've tried, I can't find a balance. My red switches are too light/thin and bounce so trying to find an optimal gap hasn't worked for me. Barry has been planning to send me improved switches since Sept... still waiting....

9 months later
#870 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hi, it's a known bug that is being tracked but because there is so far no way to 100% reproduce it (and there is no obvious cause looking at the code) it is a hard one to crack.
https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/tbl-102

If we see an issue like this, is there a way for us to dump state or stats and help with root-cause debug?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reznnate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=reznnate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.