1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#722 2 years ago

I think I have read that someone else had the problem with a whining sound, but has there been a resolution to this problem and if so, what is it?

Here is a video after I installed the lighted apron, just listen to the audio. The sound is much less noisy if I open the coin door and seems to be a bit higher as a sound too.

Thanks for any info on how to resolve this!

#724 2 years ago

It seems that the ball has found a nice resting place for itself in my game. Right after the edge of the playfield protector and before starting to go to the curve on the right. Please see the pics. People with similar problem, how have you fixed this?

It seems that the screws are a bit too much up, but they do not seem to move further down. I put some Badger frisket decal on top there, but it does not seem to do much good.

IMG_1209 (resized).jpgIMG_1209 (resized).jpgIMG_1210 (resized).jpgIMG_1210 (resized).jpg
#725 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Sounds like a servo motor.

Thanks! Hmm, it is still working though, so maybe I just have to wait and see, probably will then get broken at some point.

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…of course, not a very good design at this place.
I cut a small piece of 0.5 mm thick Macrolon that fits into this gap between ramp and PF protector. Fixed it with transparent double side tape. Problem solved. Maybe more tricky to solve if no PF protector installed.

Thanks, I will try it too!

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmmmm. I wonder. Below the miniramp there is supposed to be a small thin piece of plastic aligning the ramp to the playfield as far as I know. Is this present I wonder? It looks like the ramp is lower as the playfield? If you move your finger over it how does it feel?

You are right, it is a bit lower... But when I put the playfield protector in, I remember putting the levelling plastic piece also in, but who knows, it really feels being lower and the screw ends are protruding a bit.

EDIT: was there a similar levelling piece for the right side also? I am starting to think that could I have made a mixup and put the left side levelling piece onto the right side...

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Would be interesting to check all stepper motors and see if they work properly. A high pitch sound is normal and is being worked upon but this sounds different. Opening coindoor interrupts power to the stepper motor hence the noise stops

Hmm, strange really! To me the game is functioning ok though, but I may be missing something. The stepper motor tests are included in the test menus?

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yes, they are.
You can see documents I made which also describe these tests at my general folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0
You will see, among others, an official operation manual 054, beta rel 056 (is now with DTP person for making it into official version) and a FAQ where I gather issues and solutions

Thanks! I run the 3 stepper motor tests and they all worked fine. Well, the rug was a bit noisy when moving, almost sounded like it would need some grease somewhere.

1 year later
#1503 1 year ago

This must have been asked and answered before, but I could not find it with a search, so here it goes again:

My right upper flipper (on the mini-playfield) sometimes becomes unresponsive and does not return to its place. Sometimes this I guess is due to the code, but sometimes it happens when the bat should be working. Any solution to this? Thanks for any info!

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

This must have been asked and answered before, but I could not find it with a search, so here it goes again:
My right upper flipper (on the mini-playfield) sometimes becomes unresponsive and does not return to its place. Sometimes this I guess is due to the code, but sometimes it happens when the bat should be working. Any solution to this? Thanks for any info!

Here's a video on how the bat sometimes sticks up and does not return (third strike with the bat shows the sticking).

In the video I pressed the flipper button again and it finally released the bat so that it came down:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.