1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1247 1 year ago

Does anyone else have an issue where the mystery scoop shoots it SDTM sometimes? Seems like 1 out of 5 times. Is the solution just to increase the power there? If so, what do you all set it to?

#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

I put a small piece of velcro tape inside the upper left side of the scoop. you can't even see it. problem solved. I tried changing the kicker power and readjusting the scoop itself but no luck before I went with the tape. mine was draining like more than 50% of the time.

Amazing. Any way you could shoot a quick pic? This sounds like an easy fix. Thank you!

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

This was a photo I shot on my iPhone a while ago so its not to great but I think you can prob see the velcro tape. I can try to shot a better one later when I get home from work. its prob about a inch long and 1/3 of a inch high.[quoted image]

Excellent. Thank you!

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

This was a photo I shot on my iPhone a while ago so its not to great but I think you can prob see the velcro tape. I can try to shot a better one later when I get home from work. its prob about a inch long and 1/3 of a inch high.[quoted image]

Did this today. Works beautifully (right flipper every time). Thank you!

#1266 1 year ago

Turned on TBL this morning and heard a very loud pop from the back box. Now nothing happens when I power on

I don’t see any fuses blown, but looks like no power from the 48v supply.

Does anyone know what to check next?

C691A95A-7540-4C1F-8907-83F0D78C99BE (resized).jpegC691A95A-7540-4C1F-8907-83F0D78C99BE (resized).jpeg
#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry to read about your issue.
If the Pc doesn’t boot also 48V will not be up so what you are seeing is normal. For pc no issue as this is working from a different Power supply.
Check page 117 of current service faq and see if this jumpering does the trick but the loud pop is worrying.

Thanks Rensh - unfortunately nothing happens when i try to jump the PC. Any other ideas?

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from Thedudeabides77:

So second day with Lebowski turned it on this morning blew up no power all fuses good. Anyone have this issue not sure what to do next

See post above. Having same issue. Opened a support ticket with DP, they are super responsive. Looks like my PSU might be bad. Go through the steps starting on page 117.

Do you only see a green LED on the RSP-500-48 (see pic)?

A262863C-B59B-45D4-ADE9-B8FC12CE0991 (resized).jpegA262863C-B59B-45D4-ADE9-B8FC12CE0991 (resized).jpeg
#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

When you went to page 117, you looked at type PC2, right?
There's two ways to jump the game depending on which type you own.

Yep. Looked at the newer version since my game is newer (#673).

#1292 1 year ago

Posted in owners thread, but hoping for some traction here…

Question on music replacement. Does anyone have instructions for the newer builds? When I press esc or even ctrl + esc, it either reloads the pin application or goes to a black screen (I am unable to do anything - tried alt+tab, ctrl+alt+t..nothing)

If I hit ctrl+alt+f6, I see the pic attached

93FA0E61-2FC7-48F1-AF57-C84C5239CA69 (resized).jpeg93FA0E61-2FC7-48F1-AF57-C84C5239CA69 (resized).jpeg
#1294 1 year ago

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I don't have the newer OS so mine doesn't go to that exact prompt. However per the FAQ (Page 233), when troubleshooting via the command line, you can also get to that nxpin login by pressing Alt+F2 at the LOADING screen. But since you've already gotten there try this:
nxpin login:
root <enter>
Password:
pinball <enter>
(you wont see any characters being typed)
Then if that logs you in, at the next prompt type:
nautilus <enter>
For me on the older OS (albeit at a slightly different prompt), that pulls up the File Explorer window.

You are amazing! Thank you!

The login worked, but nautilus did not. I had to do everything via the command line. I know Linux and Bash pretty well, so it wasn’t a huge deal. This could be tough for those not familiar with a command line.

The flash drive was mounted under /media/dp.

Make sure you maintain the correct permissions!!

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Question for those who have updated the music. Are there any updated instructions on how to access Ubuntu? I am running .57 and when I connect the Keyboard and the mouse and press Esc. It shows "Loading" on screen for a few seconds and then goes back to normal screen. Any Help greatly appreciate it.

Yeah, I assume you are on the newer OS (later build). From what I understand, they stripped it down and I was also unable to ever see any UI. I was able to access it only by the command line. I have a bunch of linux/BASH experience, so I was able to replace the music via the command line, but this would be dangerous for those that don't know what they are doing. I debated typing up instructions, but held off in fear that someone would try to update without the proper knowledge. PM me if you have the required skillset.

#1298 1 year ago

Does anyone have the model number of the newer motherboards (serial # > 500 I think)? I would like to get a backup, but haven't gotten around to removing the one in there. Thanks!

#1316 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

insight75 - here is the link to the velcro fix

1 week later
#1357 1 year ago

My right lock target tends to shift often and it causes the switch to not register some of the time. Any good solutions for this one?

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hmmm. Still getting the error and I've opened the coin door.

does the coin door switch activate in switch test?

2 months later
#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the new code.
Has there been a consensus on the easiest fix for the Donny orbit? Autolaunch sends the ball rocketing down and through the left orbit and SDTM. So fast that no nudge or slap save works. Maybe some adjustment to the metal ball guide between the loft orbit and the lets-go-bowling saucer?
Thank you in advance.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/

This works great for the Donny orbit. Message him and he will probably make one for you!

1 month later
#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is it anticipated with any future releases that space could become a larger issue for others? I know I had to delete every previous version to get 1.01 on this most recent time but it did work. Just looking ahead

New OS and bigger SSD help a lot. Shoot me a PM if you need help or don't have access to a burner.

1 month later
#1719 1 year ago
Quoted from ballzach1:

Issues with startup on The Big lebowski. I recently powered the machine on, turned it off before it booted, then powered back on, and now the screen is reading " no signal" and won't startup. New to this game, and new to this thread, so any and all help would be much appreciated, thank you all in advance!

If you open the back box and turn on the machine - does the main power supply fan turn on?

If not, you may need to jump it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/25#post-6985674

4 weeks later
#1760 1 year ago

Anyone else have the issue where the scoop fires SDTM? I tried numerous things including the velcro hack and finally got around to taking apart the subway and scoop today….alas, I discovered that the welds at the top of the scoop are completely broken…

I did a quick test simulating the welds in place with a zip tie (not a long term solution) and boom, scoop fired correctly.

Shot a note to DP, but that seems to be the issue. Check those welds!

Here is the one side. Other side is busted as well.

6E50FCC9-756D-4EC6-9CE3-21805AAE5105 (resized).jpeg6E50FCC9-756D-4EC6-9CE3-21805AAE5105 (resized).jpeg

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Wow, Twilight Zone flashbacks! For TZ, the long term solution was a tab of "L" shaped metal welded over that seam.

DP is the best, they are sending a replacement!

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ya know, the more I keep seeing how DP responds to issues that owners are having, the better I feel about my decision to order TBL in the first place.
A new part sent a day after reporting a problem? Who does this anymore?

The combination of a couple things should make potential buyers feel good about purchasing...because they are special:

1. Rensh is top notch when it comes to support. Not only just email communication (which he is fantastic at), but also understanding the end-user point of view...which is rare. As you can see from my post above, not only did he respond quickly, but he also had a solution that satisfied the customer. A+. In addition, he is also actively updating the support FAQ AND is active on Pinside listening/responding to us here...truly special. I know the playfield issues are a bit more challenging, but even there he has been in communication with those involved and should be providing a solution soon.

2. KoenHeltzel is the lead software engineer on TBL and is also active on Pinside. He responds frequently and is always listening to feedback and incorporating where it makes sense. This is extremely rare and speaks to the pride he takes in the game itself. The 1.0+ code is a game changer and continues to get better!

Seriously, well done on DPs part. Sure they have had struggles and will continue to (all do), but if this was any of the other companies...I think the landscape would be vastly different (not in a good way).

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Does software download work with Mac?

Yep - I use a Mac.

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thx. Makes sense. Spooky has same issue they are in process of fixing.
Have a friend that can do windows download. Will try that too.

If you don’t care about your high scores, you can just plug in the drive I sent…it is already upgraded. If you do, then you will, but just letting you know!

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thx! Trying it now

Can I jump from .53 to 1.10 with your upgrade? That’s easy. I’ll just do that.
Nvm, stupid me. I was putting the usb in the 1st slot by feel. The back 2 I couldn’t see or feel!
On the move now. Excited about this update

Yeah, the drive is already updated. The updating to your current machine is to export the database (scores, etc). Glad it is working!

1 week later
#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

Here you go Pinmonk! Thanks again for all of your help! It was nice to see it finally work after like the 15th iteration. Now that this project is done I'm on to installing your beautiful new, and much needed, ZEN 2 cooling kit.
[quoted image]

what foam did you end up using here?

1 week later
#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from justyn:

Good to know! On that note, where do I get replacement parts for this thing? I haven't seen TBL listed on any of the usual sites. I need some spare screws and clear washers for the plastics as a starting point...

Shoot an email to [email protected]. Rens will help you out!

2 weeks later
#1928 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

Just got my TBL and I go to turn it on and it flashes the lights really quickly and does not do anything after that. See video. Looks like no power is getting to any of the computers, but I am not 100% sure I have it all plugged in in the backbox correctly. Display also does not power up. Any help would be appreciated.
video of me turning it on -> [quoted image]

CPU needs jumped most likely. Check service FAQ page 133:

https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/support/Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf#page133

#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In final stage of development there is a kit which make it 1) more easy to connect mods , 2) clearly indicates where translite has to go, 3) expect to make backbox look more clean, 4) will have intelligence built in to short the 2 pins when PC doesnt boot and 5) audioboard will run on 24V in place of 12V making it more powerfull is the expectation. This board is designed to be used with a new type PSU!
Its in final stage and it will be taken into production soon. Attached is a picture of how it looks. I expect to pick up the parts during my next factory visit end of the week and make a faq on it how to install.
DP fully realizes that TBL isnt perfect (pls do note we have a lot of TBL in the field reporting no issues) but we make (small) steps each time to improve TBL. This is one of those steps, like the last introduced optoscoop, all be it a bigger one.
[quoted image]

Is this new board backwards compatible for older games as an option or only for the new PSU?

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from fabes23:

There is no color LED lit on top of the display at all. Where are the power plug connectors for the display?

They should be on the bottom of the display I believe

1 month later
#2016 11 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Hi guys, I just got TBL in a trade and the ball goes SDTM every time I hit the left orbit and it comes out the spinner lane to the right of Jesus. Is there a fix for this? I spent a bunch of time leveling the game. I'm tempted to put double sided tape to bump it out. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155342
I have the one with ball deflection and works like a charm. Love it.

4 months later
#2124 7 months ago
Quoted from Mato:

Has anyone had an issue of the scoop hole where the cliffy is just shooting the ball out straight down the middle? Does anyone have a fix for it?

Check the welds on the scoop. I had the same issue and there was a broken weld which caused some play on the scoop itself, and was throwing the ball down the middle every time.

#2130 7 months ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Picked one of these up a few weeks ago. Only real issue so far is the cabinet speaker randomly shuts off. It works for an hour or so after turning it on, then I'll walk up to play it and it will be dead. Cycle power and it's back on. Anyone experience this? The backbox speakers still function and the game runs/plays normally otherwise. This issue has me perplexed.[quoted image]

Page 190 on the support FAQ:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/support/Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf#page190

1 week later
#2144 6 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Rensh see pic above of my exploded nihilist target…I was able to find these Williams standups and ordered one, but they appear backwards. The bracket is in the back on these. Skimmed the FAQ repair pdf and didn’t see anything regarding the standups.
Did I order the wrong thing? Or do I have to drill out the rivets and sort of DIY a new one?[quoted image]

You need the front mount targets and remove the diode!

On mobile, but these work:

Green Reinforced:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-2R

White Reinforced:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-5R

Yellow Reinforced:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-6R

1 month later
#2181 5 months ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Does anyone know the wait times for response from Dutch pinball? I have messaged a couple of times now about my back glass but not had any response?
Wondering if anyone has had the issue I am having ? The back glass has stopped lighting up, it was a bit flaky before but a little tap would sort it out. Now it's just blank have checked and it's plugged in ok in the bac.
[quoted image]

Check your spam folder - usually Rensh responds pretty quick. He's the best.

#2184 5 months ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Thanks mate , I have checked and nothing there.

Do you have the newer power board? Maybe post a couple pics of the connections here as well!

4 months later
#2304 13 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Trying to backup my scores and settings and keep getting “[USB stick issue]”. I’ve tried 5 different sticks. All formatted FAT32. I’ve put the update zip file on them, even though the faq says it’s not required after 1.12 (I’m on 1.13). I’ve tried all four USB ports in the backbox.
I used one of these sticks to update from 1.12 to 1.13 and it read the stick no problem. This makes no sense to me.
Any ideas?

Are you formatting the FAT32 with Windows or Mac? The extFAT format doesn’t work well from a Mac, I have had no issue once I format from a Windows VM. That said, it is the most common PM question I get and seems like many have issues with this.

#2307 12 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Paint is coming off the car toy in chunks showing white model underneath after only a few days. Is this a usual problem?

Definitely not. I have had my machine for a couple years with no sign of wear on the car. Definitely reach out to DP Support, Rens will take care of you I am sure

1 week later
#2323 4 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Hmmm I'm suddenly experiencing some lock ups/freezes during play. On the last one, a message appeared saying to to check P-roc connection or something similar. I guessed this might be down to the USB connection being a little flaky. I've reseated it but the problems still happening, is there any known remedy for this?

Some have had to buy a new cable for that connection and it fixes it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jyeakley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=jyeakley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.