1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 3 years ago

How is the car supposed to work? I realize that's a silly question but I've noticed that sometimes the car comes out but never goes back in which blocks the ramp preventing me from starting "lets go bowling" for instance. I guess a better question is how can I validate my car is functioning correctly? It opens and closes smoothly, when I do the test in the settings it opens and closes exactly how you'd expect it to. I had to adjust the handicap targets a bit as one was way too sensitive but other than that... Sometimes I just feel like the car flops open for no reason and then won't close, but that could be me just misunderstanding how it's supposed to work.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 week later
#358 3 years ago

Am I the only one who's stand up targets on either side of the Dude ramp are getting bent all to hell? I already took them out once to straighten them back and put new/thicker foam in per another post I saw here but they are getting bent back again. I sent an email to Dutch to ask them what I should do as the stand ups on either side of the rug look to be upgraded and are much heavier duty and are holding up fine. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

8U8YxGVgTsGEA3qYloIIWA (resized).jpg8U8YxGVgTsGEA3qYloIIWA (resized).jpg
#361 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

This is one of the few issues I have had with the game. This part was supposed to be upgraded on most recent models. I did speak with Barry and he was going to send me out replacement parts (I'm sure that will never happen).
He did suggest in the interim, buying replacement targets from Pinball Life. I did and the replacements are much stronger.

Which replacements did you order by chance from Pinball Life?

Thanks,
Jeff

7 months later
#747 2 years ago

So… Tried latest update and now my machine is bricked. Followed the directions but am stuck on a “Ubuntu Desktop” screen… Gggggrrrrrrr… Any suggestions???

Thanks,
Jeff

#752 2 years ago

We're back online following the directions sent over by DP Support (Rens). Thanks!!! Now I know going forward what to do and if I missed it in this thread my apologies but here's the procedure:

Connect a keyboard and mouse.
Start up TBL
Push windows key
You get now a list of files and folders, go to TBL
In this folder you will find a txt file called Version. Open it. Likely it will now show 056. Change this to last working version, assume 055.
Save file and reboot

Thanks,
Jeff

#753 2 years ago

My lower playfield window is getting a bit scratched up, nothing major just annoying... LOL Is this the correct replacement?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8702

Thanks,
Jeff

1 month later
#871 2 years ago

My bad if I missed this... Yesterday I noticed my TBL won't start a game and opening the coin door does nothing, can't even get into the menu. Game boots fine, attract mode is fine, just can't start a game or get into the menu. Started looking at fuses under the playfield and while I get the silk screen showing sizes, where can I find what I need for F04 and F06? I checked pinball life and can't seem to find the right amperage unless I'm just blind...

Thanks!!!

Jeff

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

See fuse info in the correct section at my faq downloadable at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

Okay so good news is I was in the right spot... Bad news is pinball life doesn't seem to stock the 1A or the 1.6A fuses which naturally is what I need... GGRRRRR

Jeff

EDIT: Amazon to the rescue... LOL

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I also noticed that the 1 and 1.6 amp fuses aren't stocked by Pinball Life. I called them to see if they happened to have them and perhaps they just aren't listed or out of stock and they don't. They claim they are not commonly used in Pinball and don't carry them as a result. Can you provide a link for Amazon for what you ordered?
Thanks!
I don't have my machine just yet but proactively stocking up on a few things in preparation

Here is what I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QCDHPCJ

Thanks,
Jeff

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Like almost anything on amazon these days, what you getting from them is the absolute bottom of barrel quality Chinese knock off goods.

LOL... That's funny when you consider that any other "name brand" you'd buy is ALSO made in... Wait for it... CHINA... Or some other SE Asia country...

I'm sure what I ordered will be just fine and will get the job done.

Jeff

1 month later
#952 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Anybody manage to have 4 broken bowling pins or do I have the record? I think I'm just going to keep going until I break all of them before going through the trouble of trying to repair them again. A couple times the broken pin caused the ball to get launched off of the return chute into the cabinet, which was fun to retrieve and put back in the middle of a good game.
What's the word on the newer, unbreakable version of the pins? Are they holding up?

Well so far mine seem to be holding, game was delivered in Jan of 2021 so I've had it a year now... Not sure if that's worth anything though... LOL

Jeff

6 months later
#1309 1 year ago

I'm having issues with my right flipper button... It's starting to not hold the flipper and do all kinds of erratic things... When I pull the switch test it's really hit or miss on whether I'm hitting the lower/upper/both/holding. Any adjustments on this I can make or do I need to contact Dutch about this?

Thanks,
Jeff

2 months later
#1477 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement upper playfield flipper bushing? Should I design/3D print my own replacement? Put a stock part on it? I'm open to ideas. I emailed support but no response yet so figured it couldn't' hurt to ask here. Thanks!!!

Jeff

IMG_0697 (resized).jpegIMG_0697 (resized).jpegIMG_0698 (resized).jpegIMG_0698 (resized).jpeg
#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You mailed me just last Saturday. My last holiday weekend
Anyway, we have come up with a new solution for this (a new very long flipperbushing coming from the main playfield) but they are held up in customs
I will get back to you once I know more.
For now, just re install the flipper and make sure there the flipper isn’t scraping the playfield. If you leave the broken off part on the axis you should be fine, just double check.

LOL We're good, that's why I posted here because I figured it couldn't hurt and it didn't... Roger that on what to do for now.

Thanks,
Jeff

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Any chance someone can buy a bunch of these so we save on shipping costs?

I just designed and 3D printed my own replacement based on the measurements taken from the broken one. Granted it's not "production" ready/quality and I could have tweaked the tolerances a bit but it got the job done... LOL

Jeff

6 months later
#1977 11 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Whelp. They finally did it. They broke my fuckin’ pinball
Need help ID’ing where this lovely bit came from, please. Just found it when doing a wipe down and wax. [quoted image][quoted image]

My guess is it's part of the bushing on the upper PF flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.