1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drbernd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I recently had two bowling pins (#'s 2 and 4 positions) snap off within a couple weeks of each other after approx 6 months of play. I've purchased replacements and extra pins from DP, but they are taking forever to arrive so I decided to try gluing the pins back together as another TBL owner told me he had done this.
I've added reinforcement glue around the neck of the two glued pins as well as the three other pins In the two affected rows to hopefully strengthen them somewhat against further breakage. I'm reinstalling them today; we'll see how well they hold up.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to drill holes in both ends and additionally connect the parts with a piece of wire!?

1 month later
#659 2 years ago

….happy about having all neccessary adjustments done and that the game is running quite stable.

The Big Lebowski pin really is a HIGHLIGHT in my collection!

There’s just one thing left: if the game is tilted it should collect the balls, e.g. from the Jesus VUK or the scoop.
But, it doesn‘t! The only way to continue gameplay is via the coil test by triggering the relevant coil manually.

I don‘t know, if this „To Do“ was reported before.

2 months later
#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It seems that the ball has found a nice resting place for itself in my game. Right after the edge of the playfield protector and before starting to go to the curve on the right. Please see the pics. People with similar problem, how have you fixed this?
It seems that the screws are a bit too much up, but they do not seem to move further down. I put some Badger frisket decal on top there, but it does not seem to do much good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

…of course, not a very good design at this place.
I cut a small piece of 0.5 mm thick Macrolon that fits into this gap between ramp and PF protector. Fixed it with transparent double side tape. Problem solved. Maybe only a problem with PF protector installed.

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It seems that the ball has found a nice resting place for itself in my game. Right after the edge of the playfield protector and before starting to go to the curve on the right. Please see the pics. People with similar problem, how have you fixed this?
It seems that the screws are a bit too much up, but they do not seem to move further down. I put some Badger frisket decal on top there, but it does not seem to do much good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

…on your first picture it looks like the edge of the playfield protector was the problem. Could be solved by adding a small piece of macrolon to close the gap between proti and ramp plastic or, even better, by making a new protector from 0.5 mm macrolon that fits better.
But I agree with Rens. On the second picture it looks like the ramp was on a lower level than the playfield. So you have to work on both issues to finally level both surfaces, ramp and proti.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

FYI: have holiday from my day job and leaving this Wednesday on a short holiday till next week Friday.
So if a service response takes longer as usual sorry for this. Expect to check mail and forum regular but 1) my wife needs attention to and 2) I will leave my laptop and TBL at home
Ryan air doesn’t accept my TBL as Handluggage

This vacation is well deserved! Have a good trip and a good time

3 weeks later
#763 2 years ago

Hello everybody,
I had no problems with the car modes for many weeks. Now the car rattles after starting a car mode. Sometimes the rattling stops after the first hit…
I guess the targets might be bent backwards a little bit!? If so, any ideas for a permanent fix?

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Does it rattle in open position? Than parking targets likely need some adjustment
With rel 057 the car stepper test nowadays clearly mentions the name of the switch activated to easy to identify.
Let me know how you get along.

Hello Rens,
the problem is solved. However, it was not because of the adjustment of the targets.
The reason for the rattling was that the bracket of the garage door had bent on the axis, so that the outer edge of the door scratched the playfield in front of the left target. As a result, there was probably not enough strength to operate the switches.
Fortunately, I have a playfield protector installed…
I bent the garage door up again, just enough that it doesn’t touch the PF anymore when the door is opening.
However, this will not be a permanent solution.
Greetings,
Bernd

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a new one for me. The axis is quite a thick one so will not bent easily. Did you make a picture how it looked eg at which spot it bent? Quite surprised frankly speaking this happened.

…the axis itself is thick and maybe solid enough.
But the hinge of the door consists in principle only of two metal rings that sit on top and bottom of the axis. And the door with the car hangs on it. And that’s a bashtoy, hit by the ball from a short distance a thousend times…
The difference before-after cannot be shown on a photo, sorry.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi there! My bunny plastic is broken off at the top and cracked on the bottom. I'd like to protect these, but also purchase a replacement. Are there replacements available anywhere?
Thank you!

If you consider a „do it yourself“ solution, you could create clear protectors from 1mm macrolon (easy to cut), e.g. like this…

0781A285-021B-466B-B76D-D5C50CE76D8F (resized).jpeg0781A285-021B-466B-B76D-D5C50CE76D8F (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

They need to be hot glued in place.

I guess a piece of masking tape is the better choice, easier to remove if neccessary.
(I had to swap the boards in my machine and it wasn‘t easy to get these glued in cables out - hot glue is an quick and easy solution for the factory)

2 months later
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I had this issue early on with mine. The problem is the center post of the bowling alley launcher binding against the playfield. It would go down, but struggled to come back up, and until it did the ball would keep falling through and getting fed back up again.
I don't remember exactly what I did, but it involved adjusting the post a bit so it wasn't rubbing on the playfield, and I sprayed a little silicon lubricant on it too. They was several hundred plays ago and I haven't had a problem with it since. There's some good pictures in Rens' support guide.

I had the same issue with the bowling release post. In the end, the plunger didn‘t come back up anymore because of contact with the metal guide of the assembly.…
My solution was to give the post more guidance, using a normal coil sleeve, cut to the right size.
Now the center post works very smoothly and 100%

145DE75D-BAC3-4AD9-B103-61C502FFD130 (resized).jpeg145DE75D-BAC3-4AD9-B103-61C502FFD130 (resized).jpeg95741CBE-8A52-4298-BAC7-F2CF6EFED3DA (resized).jpeg95741CBE-8A52-4298-BAC7-F2CF6EFED3DA (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Flippers adjusted! I’ve got another question. When I go into the test modes all the other tests function properly but the solenoid tests don’t do anything when I select them. I’m I missing something ? I tried with the coin door open and closed but can’t seem to get any solenoids to fire in test. I go to flippers, select left or right flipper and when I press the menu button down it highlights but that’s it. Am I doing something wrong ?

…when coin door open, you have to pull the white switch on the left to get the voltage on the coils for testing.

3 weeks later
#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from dbarker:

Love my new Lebowski.
New Lebowski and left ramp diverter goes down as should but wont go back up untill manually lifted. Seems its not getting signal to go back up.
1. No inpingement it will freely go up and down manually
2. Switches for dude work fine
3. Opto onto ramp works.
4. All plugs on board seated
5. Nothing visual i can see
For further clarity during test menu for left diverter solenoid it also on goes down and does not return back up unless manual lifted.
Does anyone have any ideas on what else i should check?

…I had the same problem. In my case the assembly was a little bit bent/twisted, so after going down the diverter got stuck. The spring wasn‘t able to push it back up. My recommendation is to check for mechanical issues while the machine is turned off.
What happens if you push the diverter down manually?

3 months later
#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone have trouble with the bowling pin release binding up?
Pin moves up and down fine when manually pushing (to the bottom out position).
But when the coil pulls it down.., it stays down. Pushing it around will free it up. But I can’t make it stick manually pushing it. Even when the whole alley was out and really trying to make it fail. The plunger does move around a bit in the bracket. Is there supposed to be a bushing at all at this bracket?
[quoted image]
Only thing else i can think of is the sleeve or stop is trashed in some way… but this coil gets do little use I would not expect that.

…have a look at this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/21#post-6759894

#1305 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ha.. I was theorizing that exact same way.
Have you had any problems with the sleeve breaking?

No, hundreds of games played since that modification and no problems at all.

3 weeks later
#1384 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Yes very helpful.
Should I be able to make the dude ramp on the left flipper “back hand”? Would that be a good gauge if the flipper strength is set right?
The character start - should that be hit from a trapped ball or rolling ball?
Thanks for the help here

Bank hand the Dude ramp is the first choice. Imho much safer than shooting from the right flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drbernd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=drbernd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.