1_ZBrg1rPPv-hvte0RkBYgPA (resized).jpg
IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
20240217_083247 (resized).jpg
20231231_181244 (resized).jpg
20240102_152844 (resized).jpg
20231231_181256 (resized).jpg
20231231_181308 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Car door tilted alignment fix. Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #1336 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bowling Alley release post binding alternative fix. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #1393 TECH:FAQ. Link to Official Service FAQ for TBL. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1397 TECH:ELECTRICAL. MPF board issue some machines had - solution. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1423 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Jesus ramp rejected shots fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1540 TECH:SOUND. Subwoofer suddenly stops working - fix. Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #1580 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Rug toy switch sensitivity adjustment FAQ Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chopper36.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thank you but ugh. It IS dropping deep enough. I already mentioned that and that the post itself when dropped to it's lowest position is not a factor. Also I mentioned that the overall pitch makes no difference. They key in my post is that, given the mold of the plastic arm, the ball HAS to be somewhat lifted once the button is pressed in order to get it into the position where it can drop from the rest of the arm. I thought my last reply and multiple videos made that clear. At this point I need someone to take a video of their working machine, during gameplay and test just as I did in those videos I posted. I don't see any other way to figure this out since DP support seems to have no clue either.
Again I'll copy and paste the details that I've tried and noted, just like I did with the flipper issue which is still an issue. I feel like people who are responding aren't actually reading carefully into each step I'm meticulously noting:
I have:
- Gone higher, lower, somewhere in between with the arm.
- Gone slightly forward, slightly backward with its bracket.
- Bent the release post coil bracket forward, backwards, somewhere in between.
- Watched the release post coil in test over and over again. I will say that it does have some forward/backward give in its arm itself (that should be normal right?) but again it always drops and raises to the same heights and never gets stuck on the PF.
- Tried every L/R position of the arm and its inconsistent. I can have it centered in test, ball slowly gets encouraged to drop, try again and it sticks. I will say that it most consistently fails when the arm is in a far L or R position though.
- Increased pitch, decreased pitch of the machine at every step.
- Tried all 6 balls in case it's a ball size issue.
- Wiped off the balls and the plastic arm to make sure there's no gunk or residue.
- Tested to make sure none of the balls are magnetized (perhaps getting stuck to the release post).

That really sucks. Just wondering if DP can just send you a new bowling alley assy. Send that one back to them as it clearly is not operating as designed. Wishing you the best on this I am pulling my hair out and I won’t even get mine for a couple more weeks.

1 month later
#661 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Anyone else have the pop bumper bowling ball cap coming off mid game? Any suggestions for getting them to stay in place. Thinking hot glue gun might be next.

Had the same issue just used a small piece of double sided tape in the hole, no problem since.

1 week later
#664 2 years ago

deleted

2 months later
#743 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

FYI: have holiday from my day job and leaving this Wednesday on a short holiday till next week Friday.
So if a service response takes longer as usual sorry for this. Expect to check mail and forum regular but 1) my wife needs attention to and 2) I will leave my laptop and TBL at home
Ryan air doesn’t accept my TBL as Handluggage

Enjoy a well deserved holiday.

5 months later
#1052 2 years ago

Has anyone experienced the game freezing up during gameplay? My game then goes into ball search until I restart. Already contacted DP support just curious if anyone else has had this happen. Thanks

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My game was having a ton of random freeze ups. Tracked it down to this cable being loose. Wedged something temporary to keep the connection tight just to test it and it's now playing 100%.[quoted image]

Thanks I will give it a try.

1 week later
#1059 2 years ago

I was getting a lot of air balls near the Dude ramp switches so I decided to investigate as I had just finished cleaning and light wax the pf. I found a few posts back that the bowling alley plastic might not be level and it wasn’t. I have tried adjusting this several times and there are still low and high spots at the edges. If there were just a couple more adjustment screws it might be possible. Has anyone replaced the plastic with a better result?
Also removed the right switch and found a bad mounting hole drilled to close to the light opening. Rens is helping me with this.

10954291-6224-4DCB-AB62-88EA1CF0C0EC (resized).jpeg10954291-6224-4DCB-AB62-88EA1CF0C0EC (resized).jpeg
#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How is Rena helping, just curious. Replacement playfield? Or can you drill new holes - enough room?

This has happened before so they made a bracket extends left and right so he’s checking on if they made extras. Really don’t want to replace the pf.

2 weeks later
#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Question for owners: Do you experience issues with the BOWLING letters not being registered as I described below?
Issue Description: At the start of every first game after first powering on, the BOWLING letter shots do not register AT ALL. I can hit the MPF loop tons of times over and over again and the game doesn't honor the shots / letters or 'Let's Go Bowling' skill shot AT ALL (this is 100% consistent each time I power up and play my first game).
Then, by the next ball OR next game, all of a sudden the BOWLING letter shots or 'Let's Go Bowling' skill shot begin to register 100% of the time.
I've already been through the rigmarole of replacing switches + finding no issues in switch test mode. So please don't advise that I need to replace switches again. This has been the case since day one of receiving my TBL. If a physical switch issue was the root cause, the consistency of what I described above wouldn't be the case. It's as if the game needs to "warm up" in order to start registering those shots.
I appreciate any advice on troubleshooting to figure out the actual root cause.

I have the same issue from time to time but after the first ball goes through it usually works fine after that. Could not find the problem either everything seems to work fine.

2 months later
#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

I seem to be have the common freezing issue. I thought it was resolved when I reseated the Usb cable on the PCB but it came back after 10 games. Now it happens so often even after I reseat the connector the game is not playable. I did notice my PCB looks different than other recently posted photos. Mine seems to have some wires hard wired to the board. Has the design changed and why?
wonder if I should tape the connector the board or perhaps ask for the entire board to replaced? The game is only about a month old.
update : I wedged a small piece of velcro under the connector. the connector is not moving at all now I am pretty confident and the game still freezes. It can freeze anywhere but normally happens after the 3 ball lock dude multimode is started. sometimes you can get through the multiball mode and other times it will freeze with in a min or two of that mode ending.
[quoted image]

I replaced the USB cable for freezing issues no problems since.

1 week later
#1239 1 year ago

I was having a lot of freeze ups and the only thing that got the game back on track was replacing the USB cable from the Proc pcb to the backbox, about 9 feet long, I bought Amazon stock one and no more issues. Hope this helps.

1 month later
#1359 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

My right lock target tends to shift often and it causes the switch to not register some of the time. Any good solutions for this one?

Lift the playfield up and check the mounting screws, make sure they are tight. Mine wiggled a lot and after I removed the switch it was drilled out to close to the switch insert hole and was not able to be secured properly. Dutch sent me a new switch and a wider bracket and now it works fine. It will be a little bit of work if this is the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chopper36.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread?tu=chopper36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.